+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Here was my dinner today, my homemade SW version of a wagamama seafood ramen lol. Very fresh and warming. It also contained a whole courgette, half a pack of sugar snap peas and a whole pack (not the huge packs) of spinach, burried under the noodles. Talk about getting your 5 a day!!! Next time I'll char grill the seafood before adding to the soup.

IMG00326-20091125-2022.jpg

Here's my dinner - Savoury Mince with Mash Pots and Veg.

The Savoury Mince is about 3 syns because of the gravy granules to thicken it. Otherwise its just mince, onion, swede and carrot. I added a stock cube and worcester sauce for flavour.

Attachments

• Savoury mince.jpg
    Savoury mince.jpg
    278.2 KB · Views: 4,650
Misscookie your dinner looks like something out of a magazine!! Drooling.....

So I finally got round to adding the recipe for Chilli Chicken Ramen to my blog, works out about max 2 syns a portion :D and it was bloody fab.
If your interested in how I made it the link is below!

s6001983.jpg

Looks like I'll have to delete my ramen pic out of shame!! :D
Yours looks out of this world delicious! I've stolen your recipe and will try it again on Saturday! YAY!

Haha, not at all!!!!

If you don't like it quite spicy I would use normal sweet chilli sauce rather than the hot version. Let me know what you think :D

Oh I like it HOT! I usually use scotch bonnet chillies, bird's eye ones are too mild for me :D

stacy what did you use to top the lasagna ?

stacy what did you use to top the lasagna ?

I used Morrison's instant cheese sauce (used to be 5.5 syns for the sachet and you just make it up with water but it's been removed from syns databse so I don't know if it's still the same value. If I use syns calculator it's probably closer to 7-8 syns which is still not bad, divided between 4-6 people). I also topped it with 28g grated parmesan in the final 10 mins of cooking.

thanks hun i might try the kids and hubby love lasagna but dont like it with the yoghurt and egg mix

How do you make those last 2 pics the stew and casserole I want to make them!

Am now looking for the recipe's and will post in recipe section, sorry taken so long been well busy :)

Syn free pancakes;

Separate an egg into two bowls - white and yolk.

Whisk the white and add 3 tsp sweetner (or to taste), whisking til white and meringue-ish
Add some vanilla essence to the yolk.

Add the yolk to the white and fold together - this is your batter.

frylight a pan and add all of the batter, spreading it gently with the back of a spoon.

be gentle - this pancake is fragile! leave completely alone until you can slide a fish slice (etc) underneath, carefully turn it over to cook the second side. again, leave it alone until done, then lift it out onto your plate and add your toppings and enjoy!

good with fruit and yog (like I had) or lemon and sweetner for a more trad pancake

NO SYNS!!!:D

thanks sooo much for that, im going to make them for after tea tomorrow x

Back