+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

American Style Pancakes!

These are surprisingly good and with a little pat of margarine & maple syrup (count the syns! Maple syrup: 1 tbsp = 2 syns) they are very passable as proper pancakes. You have to like sweet potatoes though! These would also be great with some fresh fruit on top and sweetened yogurt poured over for breakfast with a twist!

Makes 6 pancakes
2 pancakes = 1 HEX B and 1/2 syn

Ingredients:

225g sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
84g oats
2 eggs
1 tsp cinnamon
1.5 tsp honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 pot Vanilla Muller Light
2 tbsp Splenda

1) Put the sweet potato in a microwaveable bowl. Add about 2 tbsp water, cover and microwave for 5-6 mins until tender.

2) In the meantime, blitz the oats in a food processor until powdery. Add the rest of the ingredients and blitz again. If the mixture is too thick, add a little milk or water but it should be quite thick, though pourable.

3) Heat a non stick frying pan sprayed with butter Frylight and spoon batter onto it (I used a 1/4 cup sized measuring cup to measure out the batter - this made about 6.5 pancakes). Cook for 3 mins on each side or until golden.

Attachments

• IMG_5486.JPG
    IMG_5486.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 172
StaceyUK your pancakes look amazing! Will definitely try it out next weekend.
Here's what I had today

Cioppino - Italian seafood soup made using tomatoes, garlic, onions and mixed seafood (any combination). It is traditionally made with mussels, clams, fish, prawns, crab and scallops. But I couldn't find any crabs in their shells and couldn't be bothered scrubbing beards off mussels lol. So I got some frozen seafood mix and seabass fillets. Its was oh so delicious!

IMG00327-20091129-1546.jpg

I had it with 5 x corn thins (HEB) spread with laughing cow light (HEA) and it made a very filling and satisfying lunch
IMG00329-20091129-1548.jpg

And dinner was roast chicken with roast vegetables (used butternut squash, courgettes, beetroot, peppers and carrots) and 0.5 syns for gravy. I'm using the leftover veggies with couscous for my green lunch tomorrow :D
IMG00332-20091129-2050.jpg

IMG00337-20091129-2055.jpg

**Please excuse my terrible phone camera.... I have a shiny new camera on my christmas list so I won't hurt your eyes for much longer :D

Those meals are - homemade wholemeal roll using the Tesco whoelmeal flour mix (heb) homemade burger using extra lean mince & egg, bacon, sloce of low fat cheese (hea) & fried onions!

Beef stew & roasted potato slices

BBQ Sasage pasta

I know it has been a while since I posted any recipes or food pictures. But have had a lot going on recently and haven't been focused. But I hope I am back for good now.

Baked Ham and Egg

posted in recipe section

Last edited:
good to have you back posting britmum - we have missed you. That looks lovely, I have gotten out of the habit of taking pictures but must start again - it encourages me to try new things.

I cooked this for lunch. Found the recipe in the recipe section. It was yummy. The only thing I did differently was add some peas and use normal onion instead of spring onions. I also topped with some cucumber. Recipe is on my blog.

yum! Am starting slimming world pretty soon, doing diet chef the now but it's boring my face off. I'll be finished next week and going back to slimming world, can't wait.

Very nice Britmum!

Britmum's chilli chicken and vegetable rice xx

Attachments

• chicken.jpg
    chicken.jpg
    490.2 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:
Back