+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Hope these are in the right place :D

MiniQuiches.jpg

These look amazing!!! How much quark do i use? Ive never bought it before and now have 2 tubs sitting in my fridge at home - this looks like a great way to use them but a whole tub seems alot!!

Thanks
Pesty

Roasted beetroot is delicious, sweet and caramelised yum! I roast mine at 200C for about an hour. If the pieces are quite big then it could take as much as an hour and a half. Just spray with spray oil, season with salt pepper and fresh chopped rosemary and enjoy! Makes your pee pink which I find oddly facinating :D

I'm guessing its unpickled beetroot, would I be right :eek:

Apparently when I was a baby I used to eat so much beetroot my pee was red :D

honeyoc those roasted veggies look lovely. I would of loved an after pic though too :p.

roasted veggies are my fav, I love them with pasta and feta cheese.

Definitely unpickled!!!!!
Just peel some fresh ones, chop into chunks, spray with frylight, sprinke with salt and pepper and roast slowly until soft and caramelised!!! Yum YUM!!!

Mmmm...loved pickled ones but I must try this. I've never had fresh!!

Roasted beetroot is delicious, sweet and caramelised yum! I roast mine at 200C for about an hour. If the pieces are quite big then it could take as much as an hour and a half. Just spray with spray oil, season with salt pepper and fresh chopped rosemary and enjoy! Makes your pee pink which I find oddly facinating :D

can you use the beetroot in the packets that is ready cooked or does it have to be the raw stuff
thanks

honeyoc those roasted veggies look lovely. I would of loved an after pic though too :p.

roasted veggies are my fav, I love them with pasta and feta cheese.

LOL sorry Britmum, jumped right in and demolished it before I got a chance to take a pic. Took an hour and a half to cook so we were starving by the time it was ready, ended up having dinner at 9:30!

Oh and the beetroot must be fresh and raw before roasting.

Britmums chinese chicken!! wow yumyum

I cooked this earlier, it was sooo lovely, felt like I had a takeaway!

Never cooked with chicken thigh before, so much better than breast!

I had it with egg fried rice with stir fry vegetables! :p

DSC02569.jpg

Then with chicken legs for my b/f

DSC02568.jpg

Thank you Britmum!!!! xxx

Loops that looks super!!! How did you make the chicken? Was it Britmum's recipe?

Here's dinner! Bulgar wheat cooked in chicken stock, lemon & coriander with leftover mackerel curry and roast peppers and courgette.

photo-42.jpg

Glad you liked it Loops :). I had it for lunch when I had it with salad, but have also had it with rice for dinner ;)

Honeyoc, that looks lovely. I keep meaning to try bulgarwheat and quinoa. I am going to get some this weekend.

Oh and meant to add, I now love butternut squash lol(remember my previous post?). Has to be roasted though. I love it roasted and mixed in with plain boiled rice.

Yay for butternut squash!! I'm glad you liked it afterall Britmum!

Here's what I had for dinner tonight, chilli con carne with rice and steamed broccoli. I used cannellini beans instead of red kidney (DH bought red kidney beans in chilli sauce instead of in brine lol) and used a dollop of 2% greek yogurt instead of sour cream and grated cheese that DH had. Super delicious!

photo-43.jpg

photo-44.jpg

Breakfast Tray Bake from the new mag! Was nice although I wouldn't recommend putting the spring onions in the same time as the spuds as mine were burnt!!! :sigh:

Attachments

• DSCF2528.jpg
    DSCF2528.jpg
    497.5 KB · Views: 232
Back