+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Glad you liked it Loops :). I had it for lunch when I had it with salad, but have also had it with rice for dinner ;)

Honeyoc, that looks lovely. I keep meaning to try bulgarwheat and quinoa. I am going to get some this weekend.

Oh and meant to add, I now love butternut squash lol(remember my previous post?). Has to be roasted though. I love it roasted and mixed in with plain boiled rice.

omg I love BNS...I still cant beleive it counts as superfree because it feels like carbs!!! I roast it with salt, pepper and paprika and its really lush :) x

Hiya

Here is tikka masala with rice from the website.
IMG_0553.jpg

chicken fried rice

IMG_0554.jpg

Dinner tonight was bean curry with roast peppers, courgette and butternut squash and roast plantain. Was going to make a risotto tonight but the plantains were getting overripe so I thought I better eat em! Will make a mushroom risotto for dinner tomorrow.

Plantains, before roasting
photo-46.jpg

All ready to eat!
photo-47.jpg

Dinner tonight was bean curry with roast peppers, courgette and butternut squash and roast plantain. Was going to make a risotto tonight but the plantains were getting overripe so I thought I better eat em! Will make a mushroom risotto for dinner tomorrow.

Plantains, before roasting
photo-46.jpg

All ready to eat!
photo-47.jpg

That looks lovely.

We definately think alike when planning meals. I have mushroom risotto planned for this week. lol

Its so true Britmum! Great minds and all that :D
Unfortunately the risotto took a backseat again today as I wanted to use up the leftover veggies in the fridge lol. So I grilled up a nice steak with wholegrain mustard; roasted red green yellow peppers, courgettes & mushrooms on a bed of fresh spinach with balsamic grilled tomatoes. Very filling and soooo nutritious, made me proud :angel09:

photo-48.jpg

that looks yummy Honeyoc, I had my mushroom risotto tonight. I did a wild mushroom one it was yummy. Even my son who HATES mushrooms, tried a bit of it. Although just the rice bit, he picked out the mushrooms lol.

Your pic has made me fancy a steak now. I havent had one in yonks. So might have to pick up one when I go to stock up on fruit and veg this week. :)

I have made this and it is absaloutly gorgeous. I cut mine into 8 which only worked out 1 1/2 syns per slice. Wow! I have been having two slices a day and still lost 2 1/2 lbs this week.

What have you had? :)

IMG_0189.jpg

Thought i'd try out this uploading photos buisness!
Frittata I made last night, about 3 portions worth ( used 7 eggs). I put in pork, chicken, onions, mushrooms, potato and corgettes. Plus HEA's of 42g reduced fat cheddar (kerry low low in my case) so 84g in total!

Does anyone know how I can make this picture smaller?! x

Britmum your risotto sounds lovely! I made mine today as well, had it for lunch :DDH bought some truffle oil which I drizzled over the top with some shaved parmesan (HEA). Delicious!
thumbasp-5.jpg

And for dinner I made cioppino, an italian seafood tomato soup. It was an Italian day today!
photo-49.jpg

That looks yummy!! I feel the need for an Italian dish now!! :)

Just curious Honeyoc....I know that OH means other half, but what does DH mean?

That looks yummy!! I feel the need for an Italian dish now!! :)

Just curious Honeyoc....I know that OH means other half, but what does DH mean?

Good question!! Ive seen loads of people write DH and didnt want to ask!! :)

Darling husband xx

Yep, like Joanne said DH is darling husband or dear husband :D

Gonnabesmall your dinner looks amazing!

Last edited:
I made a soufflé for dinner! Well, not exactly lol. More like an omelette but still pretty exciting! Used this recipe Puffy Corn Omelet Recipe at Epicurious.com (omitted the butter and served me and DH, the recipe says for 4 but that's a bit mean in my opinion). Served it with a chunky ratatouille :D

Egg mixture
photo-51.jpg

Just out of the oven
photo-53.jpg

Ratatouille - raw
photo-50.jpg

Ratatouille - cooked
photo-54.jpg

photo-55.jpg

Close up
photo-56-1.jpg

Awww thanks Gonnabesmall, I love cooking and I always prowl web sites looking for new ways to cook my fave dishes :D

Back