+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Bobbedazzler - the cod was basically a tub of roasted veg cous cous from Asda (Good For You version 1.5 syns the tub) then once made as per directions I brushed beaten egg on the cod fillet and pressed the cous cous on the top. Cooked for 40 mins in oven along with wedges.

adjla9.jpg

and carbonara

Do you have the recipe for that? It looks amazing!

Here's my very simple store cupboard dinner. Linguine and tomato basil sauce with a salad and leftover roasted veggies

photo-56.jpg

Do you have the recipe for that? It looks amazing!
thanks it was really tasty i just kinda made it up as i went along.

i used frylight and softened some leeks,garlic and mushrooms,then grilled some lean bacon,boiled pasta,then when all cooked put leeks and mushrooms into the drained pasta ,then chopped up bacon mix that in with pasta/leeks and mushrooms took of heat and stired in some half fat creme fraishe (asda good for you 1/2 syn a tbsp) then grated some chhese on top

lurvely x

Dinner tonight: Couscous with dried apricots and pine nuts (synned) with chickpea and vegetable tagine with roasted peppers and courgette.

photo-57.jpg

i no feeling cooking different meals, i have 5 kids and its cafe in my house at tea time.

My weekend cooking :)

Hi Everyone,

I try to prepare for the week ahead over the weekend, especially for lunches to take to work.....so here are the things I have make this weekend...

Lunch box/fridge snacks - green olives stuffed with lemon rind, fresh pineapple, beetroot salad (boiled beetroots cubed with diced onion, apple vinegar and balsamic vinegar), potato salad (boiled new pots, diced red onion and 2 teaspoons of wholegrain mustard)

Garlic mushroom bulgur with hoisin chinese chicken (in fry light cooked mushrooms and onions, when cooked added garlic and a small knob of butter, when cooked added bulgur - already cooked by covering in boiling water for 15 minutes - mix over heat and serve) chicken cooked with onion, garlic, carrot, brocolli and mushrooms and then used a stirfry sauce over it.

Dinner for tonight is savoury soya mince, I cooked that this morning, basically in fry light and a bit of water cooked 2 carrots and one large onion, covered the dry soya mince with boiling water and crumbled in 2 beef oxo cubes, once veges cooked added the rehydrated soya and the water, made small amount of gravy and added.....brought to boil and simmered for 40 mins...will serve with roasted potatoes and veg :)

Claire x

Attachments

• 049.JPG
    049.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 231
  • 050.JPG
    050.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 225
  • 053.JPG
    053.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 230
I'm just discovering my new-found love for Quorn. I was vegetarian for the most part of my teens, but ended up coverting back to the carnivore way of life because I could never find any nice, tasty meat-free products that actually tasted of meat, they all tasted like cardboard. But my card-love has lead to green days dominating my week and me trying Quorn again. Which I've found has improved so much!

Tonight's dinner was
Quorn Lamb Style Grills, paprika-dusted SW chips / fries and carrots. It was so delish that I had to share! Haha.

P1010030.jpg

Gino D'Acampo's Spaghetti & Mince Frittata

This was soooo nice! And extremely filling! I used a pie dish which made it huge and very deep.

Recipe in recipe section.

Attachments

• IMG_6024.JPG
    IMG_6024.JPG
    151.9 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_6026.JPG
    IMG_6026.JPG
    144.2 KB · Views: 244
Dinner; vegetable noodles with grilled salmon. Very tasty!

photo-58.jpg

Thanks guys! Dinner tonight was grilled sea bass with new potatoes, roast tomato sauce and steamed green beans :D

photo-59.jpg

This week I made a Quorn Bramley apple sausage casserole. I used a casserole starter pack from Waitrose (celery, onions and carrot), sausages, 2 tins of tomatoes (one with herbs).

Cooked off the veg, then chopped up the sausage, added those and cooked for a bit, added the tomatoes and then put in an oven dish and cooked for a bit. I also cooked some ready cubed sweet potato and butternut squash in the oven with some paprika on them.

The next day I put the left overs in a dish in the oven, with the left over butternut squash and sweet potato mixed in, covered in a HEA of cheese and cooked again. Even nicer than the day before!

VERY filling.

Back