+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

You must have been busy Furrystomper! All those meals look lovely and will keep you going for a while!! I'd love the free pate recipe if you don't mind!

You must have been busy Furrystomper! All those meals look lovely and will keep you going for a while!! I'd love the free pate recipe if you don't mind!

Here it is mel, i used 3 x as much though as i wanted to make loads so i could freeze it lol.

8oz chicken livers
1 clove garlic, crushed
salt and pepper
vlf fromage frais
1 chopped onion
1/2 tsp mixed herbs
4oz chopped bacon

onion + bacon + herbs, fry til soft
add the livers, season, and cook for 7 minutes

transfer to a food processor, and blend until smooth

add the fromage frais 1 spoon at a time until you get the right consistency.

chill and store (covered) in the fridge

WOW - you must have a fair amount of space in your freezer for those meals !!! What a FAB idea - I use tupperware tubs every time I do a slowcooker meal I make up a tub to freeze and scoff the rest.... you must've been slaving away for ages! Well Done you.... what time do you want me round for dinner then? LOL ;)

Lovely pics/recipes furry stomper! You're so organised with your meals and cooking, I love it!

Britmum you'll love tilapia, its like a combination of sea bass and cod. Its a lovely meaty texture but still delicate tasting and flaky - if that makes sense lol.

DH and I went to Borough Market today and we went a bit crazy with the vegetables and seafood. We got these giant prawns that were just mouth watering when we ate them. Roasted them in the oven with potatoes, cherry tomatoes, asparagus, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Delicious!

3659f3c3.jpg

furrystomper all i can say is WOW.brilliant idea putting it in foil containers to freeze.have you got the recepie for the rich beef cobbler and how many syns are the dumplings and what do you use to make them x

Hi sorry for late repley, the dumplings was from a box mix of atora herby mix i think it was something like 5syns per 38g but i used the whole box and then divided the syns.
As for the meat bit, it was celeriac, sweede, mushrooms, onons, carrots, celery and a bag of casarole beef all just threw in a big roasting pan with a lid and
about a pint n half of beef stock and a bay leaf :D hope that helps you.

1 tsp crushed cardamom seeds
2 tsp mild curry powder
700g chicken breasts, skinless and boneless, cut into bite-size pieces
1 tsp mild chilli powder
salt and freshly ground black pepper
5 tbs passata
150g very low fat natural yogurt or fromage frais
150ml chicken stock
1. Spray a saucepan with fry light and place over a medium heat. Add the cardamom and curry powder and stir - fry for 10 - 15 seconds.

2. Throw in the chicken and fry on a high heat for 5 - 6 minutes. AZdd the chilli powder and tumeric and season well.

3. Mix together the passata, and stock and pour into the pan, bring to a simmer, cover and cook gently for 15 minutes or until tender, remove from heat and stir in yogurt/fromage frais. then gently heat through do not boil as it will curdle.

Just made black forest roulade out of this months mag! It was a nightmare to get it off the baking sheet but I got it off, and it's lovelyyy! I didn't put cherries in, just going to serve it with fresh strawberries. The filling is lovelyyy! xx

roulade2_360x480.jpg

OMG that looks delicious, havent got this months mag yet but can't wait :D
x

YUM! that looks delish! what are the syn values?

i'd eat more or less all of it then ;)

Haha, I sure am! My 4000 word essay isn't going to write itself but hey ho! :p

i know the feeling! Got my 10000 word diss to be in in 3 weeks, haven't started yet! Went for a drive over the mountain (up past glyntaf) today just so that i wouldn't start it! lol I am also popping round to urs tomorrow, to have a cuppa and some of that roulade! haha xx

Tuna Salsa Verde

My dinner last night. Yum yum yum! I love this salsa verde with fresh tuna then wrap it in foil and bake for about 7-10 mins. It's always really nice with chicken! I reserve some of the salsa and toss it in green beans as a side.

1 HEX B for whole thing

1 clove garlic
1 tsp maldon sea salt
handful chopped basil
handful chopped parsley
1.5 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp capers, chopped
2 anchovy fillets, rinsed and chopped
1 tsp wholegrain mustard
1 tbsp olive oil

Crush the garlic and sea salt together with a pestle and mortar (or rolling pin and bowl) until a paste. Put in a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients. Blitz with a hand blender until roughly blended.

Attachments

• IMG_6199.JPG
    IMG_6199.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 193
Back