+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

that looks lovely can i have the recipe?
Xxxxx

Sure you can! I'm not sure if this exactly how Cocktail Princess made hers but this was what I kind of guessed from looking at her pic.

PASTA WITH PARMESAN AND BREADCRUMBS
Serves 4 very generously (1 HEB and 1 HEA per serving)

INGREDIENTS

1 cauliflower
1 medium onion
2 cloves garlic
1 chicken/vegetable stock cube
1 packet short pasta (500g)
4 slices nimble white bread (HEB)
100g parmesan cheese (HEA)
2 tablespoons olive oil (HEB)
Fresh chopped parsley
Lemon zest
Salt & pepper

First dry out the bread in a low oven and blitz in a food processor.

Soften the onions and garlic in 1 tbsp olive oil, add the cauliflower and sautee for 5 minutes. Season with salt & pepper, add stock cube and about 2 cups of water. Simmer until cauliflower is soft and water has evaporated. Mash the cauliflower a bit so you don't have too many big chunks.

While the cauliflower is cooking bring the pasta to the boil. When cooked add to the cauliflower and stir in the grated parmesan.

In another pan brown the breadcrumbs in the remaining olive oil until toasted and fragrant. Add the lemon zest and parsley and stir well. If you have a few spare syns, a couple of tablespoons of pine nuts wouldn't go amis!

To serve, fill your late with winter greens or rocket and spoon the pasta over it. Sprinkle with the breadcrumb mix and eat! Its very filling!!! Probably better as a weekend lunch with a light dinner to follow.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
what a fantastic thread, thank you very much everyone, i will cook my way through this, and add pictures along the way too

i cant help noticing all the quorn grills ect all look overdone , are you all aware they are perfectly moist and cooked after 2 mins in a microwave , you might find they taste much better than if oven cooked as i find i tends to go like rubber , have a go and see what you think :)

^^^^^ that looks really lovely, like the cucumber sticks all neatly laid.

I can't figure out how to what size my photos need to be so that they don't break the thread--my camera takes HUGE images--so I'm using attachments instead.

Lunch: Spinach and tomato flavoured pasta with sauteed onions, mushrooms, asparagus, sweetcorn, green beans, and spinach. Sauce made from a splash of passata and 4 Laughing Cow triangles. Syn free, if you use the LCT as one of your HEA's

Dinner: Leek and potato soup with two rashers of grilled turkey bacon (HEB) and just a teeny bit of grated Gouda (not even close to a full HEA but I still counted it as one)

Attachments

• DSCF7203.jpg
    DSCF7203.jpg
    523.9 KB · Views: 213
  • DSCF7216.jpg
    DSCF7216.jpg
    471.5 KB · Views: 211
Dinner tonight was chicken cacciatore with rice and broccoli. Really tasty and simple!

acf8f56c.jpg

Dinner tonight was chicken cacciatore with rice and broccoli. Really tasty and simple!

That looks GORGEOUS, Honeyoc. Do you have a recipe for the cacciatore?

Here's my lunch today--Quorn & Red Lentil curry. The recipe (with thanks to Inmydreams) is on this thread

DSCF7267-2.jpg

Hey Sally! Here's the recipe :D

Serves 3, 2 syns per serving
INGREDIENTS

1 Red pepper
1 Yellow pepper
5 medium tomatoes
2 cloves garlic
1 medium onion
4 - 5 birds eye chillies (or to taste)
1T olive oil (6 syns)
3 large chicken thighs, bone in (skinless)
1 chicken stock cube
Salt & pepper
1T paprika
Fresh thyme leaves (about 3 stalks)
3 dried bay leaves
Fresh chopped parsley

Finely chop the garlic cloves and chillies. Slice the onions and peppers and roughly chop the tomatoes.

Season the chicken thighs with salt, pepper and paprika and leave to marinate for an hour or so. Brown in a pan with frylight or PAM and set aside.

Add the olive oil to the pan and sautee the onions until softened. Add the peppers, garlic and chillies. Season with salt & pepper and throw in the thyme and bay leaves. Stir well.

Add the tomatoes and chicken stock cube. Bring to the boil, add the chicken thighs back in the sauce and reduce the heat to simmer. Cook for about 10 minutes on low heat until cooked.

Sprinkle with parsley and serve over rice and steamed vegetables. You can also throw in some olives to make it more authentic. Just 7 for 1 syn. Yum!

i cant help noticing all the quorn grills ect all look overdone , are you all aware they are perfectly moist and cooked after 2 mins in a microwave , you might find they taste much better than if oven cooked as i find i tends to go like rubber , have a go and see what you think :)

I used to do them in the microwave but I prefer them done in the oven for some strange reason :)

DSC00298.jpg

Potato pizza

Back