+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

7681d1274865061-katie-pancake-induc.jpg

The syn free pancakes that just use an egg are difficult and sometimes like egg with sweetner or they are like crusty crumbly pancakes...never quite right and too much effort to now know if they will be edible. So i had a brainwave and thought i could use the 1/2 syn roulade batter to make pancakes and they worked!
Really light and fluffy, taste like pancakes, kept theire shape and could be flipped over!!! YIPPEEEE
I fryed them in frylight till brown and then put in the oven to keep warm/crisp on the edges while i did the rest of them. Tried making a big one but it just broke when flipped so baby pancakes it is!
Made about 10 small ones but i tried to make a big one but it broke up so i think it would make about 15-20 small pancakes
I have eaten way too much! :p

YUM! They look delish!

how many syns in syrup anyone know? (golden)

Those pancakes look scrumptious! Woodsylou golden syrup is 2 syns per level tablespoon.

sorted!

Jerrice that moroccan lamb looks fab! Can I have the recipe please? I have lamb for tomorrow x

Jerrice that moroccan lamb looks fab! Can I have the recipe please? I have lamb for tomorrow x

I altered a recipe of my mums to make it SW friendly. Brown your lamb, and set aside. In a casserole dish, mix chopped tomatoes, some passatta, some cumin, cinnamon, red onions, courgette, aubergine and mushrooms. Add the lamb, and cook in the oven at 200 for an hour or two. Serve with cous cous.

Wow - Just made a stack of those pancakes, had them as a pancake stack with banana & pineapple & vanilla mullerlight, they were gorgeous!!!

Not going to enjoy my weigh-in this week!!! lol

Im glad you liked them! Have you had the syn free ones made with just an egg? What did you think in comparison?

Yeah tried them just the once - they tasted to much like egg! lol

Love these, but am now afraid that I best not make them to often, as they are rather adictive !!

Hubby has given them a huge thumb's up :D

Yeah tried them just the once - they tasted to much like egg! lol

Love these, but am now afraid that I best not make them to often, as they are rather adictive !!

Hubby has given them a huge thumb's up :D

Oh im so pleased!!!:D
Finally a decent brainwave haha!

Oh they look good - what's the recipe for those :)

the kiev? and if so it was bloody yummy!!!!!!

4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 garlic cloves
A small handful each of flat-leaf parsley and tarragon leaves
57g/2oz quark
2 eggs
x2 hovis wheatgerm bread *(or any hexb bread crumbled down to breadcrumbs)
Fry Light

1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC/Gas 6. Using a small, sharp knife, slice into each chicken breast horizontally, taking care not to sever the flesh completely, to form a ‘pocket’. Season the cavity.
2. Make the garlic and herb filling: peel and crush the garlic, finely chop the herbs and mix with the quark. Spoon the mixture into each cavity and press together gently to seal.
3. Beat the eggs and brush half over the bottom side of the chicken breasts. Sprinkle lightly with half of the breadcrumbs. Turn over and repeat with the remaining egg and breadcrumbs.
4. Place the Kievs on a baking tray, spray with Fry Light and bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden and cooked through.

Back