+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

oh ok - well already told hubby I just got him a kiev recipe so he's a happy chap! I don't know - what with the pancake stacks earlier & now kiev's, I gonner need a "diet" soon, lol

those kiev's sound nice, are they garlicy enough? i feel like i'd need another garlic clove or two! I'm a garlic fiend! lovely lovely! I'm going to make those :)

Morning all

here is yesterdays dinner -fried rice just 3 syns (for the 28g of salami) -I needed to use some syns ;)-and it was gorgeous , as ever :-

I had 100g cooked weight of rice -it was too much -so next time I will keep the same amount of veg/salami and reduce the rice ...this is also really nice cold the day after -hubby likes to take it for lunch:D

those kiev's sound nice, are they garlicy enough? i feel like i'd need another garlic clove or two! I'm a garlic fiend! lovely lovely! I'm going to make those :)

honestly my mouth was tingling afterwards from the garlic overload. I love garlic and can still smell it in the kitchen lol.
x

great stuff! i am making it this weekend! thanks for the recipe!

That looks yum! Did you leave the rice go cold before you 'fried' it? mine seems to go soggy :confused:
Hi Allie -yep I usually cook the rice the day before and keep in a jug of cold water in the fridge over night ;) -but yesterday I did it at lunch time and left it in the fridge and it was just the same, I think as long as its really cold you are ok
I don't know if you do it different but I basically:-
  • drop the salami in a dry pan (I use a paella pan as it has a big surface area) -
  • then throw in the onions and peppers and cook until soft -
  • then I will throw in the mushrooms, peas, corn (all frozen -and defrosted -oh and squeeze out the mushrooms)
  • then I drag all of that to the outside of the pan and add a bit of beaten egg at a time and scramble (I use 1 egg per person) -just don't incorporate the veggies into the egg or it goes cloggy(if your pan isn't very big I would tip the meat/veg into a bowl whilst you scramble the eggs and then add them back in
  • once that is done I throw in the rice and heat through and add loads of seasoning
I think the nack is to scramble the eggs on their own so that everything doesn't stick together ;)
Hope that ramble makes sense :p

Allie you could also cook the rice but more al dente. That's what I do when I want to make fried rice but have no leftover plain rice.

Whats the recipie for those pancakes? They look amazing!

if you search for the 0.5 syn roulade recipe then just use the batter as pancake batter and fry spoonfulls of it:)

may have to try this tonight for desert mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

can you save the batter? So you can make it again the next day?
x

Im not sure, i was wondering the same thing

Allie are they very spicy? the marinades?

Dinner was roasted vegetables with rice and lentils! Really yummy and 1.5 syns on a green or EE day. Recipe in the recipe section!

5a81ae57.jpg

Did a bit of an African/Puerto Rican dish tonight. Mashed plantain with spicy spinach and grilled fish. Very spicy and yum!

7113cbef.jpg

Loving this thread and all the delicious looking photos! You all are such creative epicureans!

Honeyoc, how exactly do you do your grilled plantain? I LOVE plantain, but I always have it boiled, which is nice enough...but your grilled plantain looks fab! Do you use frylight to get that lovely 'fried' looking texture?

I'm trying to make all my traditional African dishes more SW friendly!

Back