+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

I had already started eating this but its one large meatball.
Jamie olivers mountain meatballs adapted to the slimming world way. AND IT WAS LUSH!!!!!!

Attachments

• P1020942.jpg
    P1020942.jpg
    336.5 KB · Views: 246
Loving this thread and all the delicious looking photos! You all are such creative epicureans!

Honeyoc, how exactly do you do your grilled plantain? I LOVE plantain, but I always have it boiled, which is nice enough...but your grilled plantain looks fab! Do you use frylight to get that lovely 'fried' looking texture?

I'm trying to make all my traditional African dishes more SW friendly!

Hi Christiana! I just cut it up, spray with oil spray ( I don't use frylight, maybe that's why it grills better? I think frylight sucks :D ) and put it in an oven set to 200C and roast for about 40 minutes. That's it! I suggest using an oil spray like PAM which you can probably get online as it gives much better results!

Oohhh, PAM? I will look it up. Thanks for the tip! :)

Made jerk chicken for lunch, served with roast veggies and Bovril roasted new potatoes and a tiny bit of traditional Nigerian chicken stew. It was lovely - the seasoning was very spicy - I used Dunn's River Jerk Seasoning, put it on some skinless chicken pieces, put some slices in them and left it in the fridge overnight.

I have noooooo clue how many syns are in the seasoning, I can't find any nutritional values online :confused:, on sight it just looks like spring onions, peppers, herbs/spices and vinegar smooshed together, so I'm assuming it's free on the ingredients. I could be wrong, but I only had a piece.

The traditional stew was cooked with oil, but it's for my mum and I took just a little and promptly left it at her house! :D

Attachments

• P5310010.jpg
    P5310010.jpg
    477.7 KB · Views: 530
Minted Lamb Stew
DSC00320.jpg

Summer chicken & basil casserole. Gotten from this month's good food magazine :D

6703d9fb.jpg

DSC00327.jpg

DSC00328.jpg

2.5 syns

Batchelors chicken flavoured rice and mackerel surprise (syn free).

Attachments

• P6010012.jpg
    P6010012.jpg
    332.1 KB · Views: 171
Here's some of my latest meals :)

Home-made Vanilla Ice Cream, topped with chocolate fudge Alpen light - Syns free with the alpen light being either 3 or 1/2 HEb option

Pork in a Creamy Leek Sauce - Syns Free on Red day

Mixed Seafood Stirfry - syns Free on red day

Home made Baileys Ice Cream in a Meringue nest with chopped Strawberries - Syns 4

Chicken Breast stuffed with Garlic Quark & wrapped in Bacon - Syns Free on Red day

I got the recipe from Furrystompers facebook....

Fat free sponge
9 syns total

6 eggs
2 ounce's self raising flour
8/9 tablespoons granulated sweetener
2 teaspoons almond flavouring

Whisk up egg whites until stiff
Then in a separtae bowl beat egg yolks with almond flavouring & sweetener, add a 1/4 of the egg white & beat until pale yellow.

Add the flour gradually & fold into the mix carefully, when done add the rest of the egg whites & fold in.

then pour mixture into your tin & bake in the over on 180/gas 4 for about 10 to 12 mins, or until golden & firm to the touch.

I used half this recipe and got 6 cupcakes and a mini loaf tin worth. (4.5 syns in total, so half a synb per cupcake and 2 syns per mini loaf for me)

I think this would make a large cake or maybe even a 2 layer cake, or about 18 muffins. Acording to her you can make lots of diffrent flavours!

i just used white options mixed with fromage frais (all i had) and defrosted berries. I put about 5 berrries in the mix , and one in each cupcake. One berry cant count as a syn surely? ;)

oh Britmumincanada - can you link me to your website? i had it bookmarked and i lost it! your recipes are fabulous!

photo2-1.jpg

Sweet and sour chicken

photo2-1.jpg

Sweet and sour chicken

I got the recipe from Furrystompers facebook....

Fat free sponge
9 syns total

6 eggs
2 ounce's self raising flour
8/9 tablespoons granulated sweetener
2 teaspoons almond flavouring

Whisk up egg whites until stiff
Then in a separtae bowl beat egg yolks with almond flavouring & sweetener, add a 1/4 of the egg white & beat until pale yellow.

Add the flour gradually & fold into the mix carefully, when done add the rest of the egg whites & fold in.

then pour mixture into your tin & bake in the over on 180/gas 4 for about 10 to 12 mins, or until golden & firm to the touch.

I used half this recipe and got 6 cupcakes and a mini loaf tin worth. (4.5 syns in total, so half a synb per cupcake and 2 syns per mini loaf for me)

I think this would make a large cake or maybe even a 2 layer cake, or about 18 muffins. Acording to her you can make lots of diffrent flavours!

i just used white options mixed with fromage frais (all i had) and defrosted berries. I put about 5 berrries in the mix , and one in each cupcake. One berry cant count as a syn surely? ;)

Ta for this,had a spare 10 mins so am making them now!
--
Edit -they are lovely! I put a small chunk of dark choc (1/2 syn each) in each one before went inthe oven.. mm melting chocmiddles yum!

Last edited:
Back