+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

woodyslou if you google slimmingeats you will find it :)

cupcake - that sweet and sour chicken looks lush.

I have been a bit absent from the boards, as we have family visiting at the moment and we went to Chicago for the weekend (fab fab city) and I was a bit naughty too, so am back on track now.

thank you!

Cheesey topped minced beef + potato layer... I concocted this yesterday and had it with salad for dinner (was yummy) -and we have the other half in the fridge for lunch tomorrow :D

DSC00337-1.jpg

Homemade crisps

wow! talk me through them!!

wow! talk me through them!!

me?

Slice potatoes thinly with a vegetable peeler, spray a plate with frylight, lay slices on and spray on top with frylight, season with you like and micro for 5 mins, check after 3 mins and see how they are. Microwave untill browned and crispy.
I was suprised that they where the same as walkers!
Makes a nice accomnimant to a lunch for a change!

They taste like crisps, normal walkers kinda texture crisps. my new favourite discovery! Peeling new potatoes was kinda hard but it makes LOADS.

They taste like crisps, normal walkers kinda texture crisps. my new favourite discovery! Peeling new potatoes was kinda hard but it makes LOADS.

so you dont even need to put them in the oven??? how fab is that??!
Thanks for posting - they look lush! xxx

Hi guys. Thought I would post some pics of the meals and puddings I have made :D
Egg and ham salad. Triffle (3syns for the whole thing!). Ham and broccoli quiche. Syn free KFC.
album.php

Attachments

• DSCF0790.jpg
    DSCF0790.jpg
    487.2 KB · Views: 196
  • DSCF0853.jpg
    DSCF0853.jpg
    334.8 KB · Views: 194
  • DSCF0855.jpg
    DSCF0855.jpg
    428.7 KB · Views: 188
  • DSCF0856.jpg
    DSCF0856.jpg
    495.9 KB · Views: 210
  • DSCF0859.jpg
    DSCF0859.jpg
    503.9 KB · Views: 204
More pics :p
Ferrero rocher 1/2 syn each (great for that time of the month when a choccy fix is needed). Smash ham and cheese pizza. Choc cup cake with syn free mint topping (less than 1/2 syn for 2 cup cakes!) kids loved these so i didnt get to eat many but they were yummy :D. Roulade 1/2 syn for the whole thing. . . yummy! And scotch eggs under 1syn each on a red day.

P.s the pic of the choc cup cake is of it cut in half so you can see how fluffy it is.

Attachments

• DSCF0861.jpg
    DSCF0861.jpg
    536.8 KB · Views: 240
  • DSCF0871.jpg
    DSCF0871.jpg
    487.1 KB · Views: 238
  • DSCF0889.jpg
    DSCF0889.jpg
    476.9 KB · Views: 233
  • half syn roulade 3.jpg
    half syn roulade 3.jpg
    472.8 KB · Views: 341
  • half syn scotch egg 4.jpg
    half syn scotch egg 4.jpg
    496.9 KB · Views: 292
More pics :p
Ferrero rocher 1/2 syn each (great for that time of the month when a choccy fix is needed). Smash ham and cheese pizza. Choc cup cake with syn free mint topping (less than 1/2 syn for 2 cup cakes!) kids loved these so i didnt get to eat many but they were yummy :D. Roulade 1/2 syn for the whole thing. . . yummy! And scotch eggs under 1syn each on a red day.

P.s the pic of the choc cup cake is of it cut in half so you can see how fluffy it is.

What are the minty cupckes made from? Can i have the recipe if its not scan bran! is the topping quark?
Also your roulade looks massive, mine is always really flat! Did you do anything diffrent?

What are the minty cupckes made from? Can i have the recipe if its not scan bran! is the topping quark?
Also your roulade looks massive, mine is always really flat! Did you do anything diffrent?

Um was just something i tried the cupcakes didnt have a recipe lol but it was:
4eggs
2 tbsp cocoa powder
sweetener as required (i didnt measure this tho lol, prob about a cup).

Preheat over to 200c.
Seperate eggs and whisk the whites til you get firm peaks. Add the yolks and whisk them in followed by the sweetener and cocoa powder. Dish them up in to cake cases (i made 22 by putting a heaped table spoon into each cake case).

Topping:
Tub quark
Spearmint extract
sweetener as required
green food colouring

The roulade i seperated the eggs and whisked the whites until firm then added the rest. I never got the method just the recipe but as i love baking i presumed to do it this way and it worked very well.

Terri1985 those scotch eggs look lovely.Have you got the recipe please?:)

Recipe:
[FONT=&quot]shape sausage meat from Morrisons eat smart pork sausages (½ Syn each ) around a hard-boiled egg, making sure that the egg is covered. Blitz a Scan Bran in a blender. Roll the covered egg in the crumbs until evenly coated. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180ºC for about 30 minutes. Use the Scan Bran as a Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice or count 1 Syn per crispbread used.[/FONT]

I made 6 scotch eggs and only used half the scan bran that i blitzed so probably need one scan bran for 2 scotch eggs :D

My boyfriend loves scotch eggs and he wolfed these down too and said they were the best scotch eggs he had ever tasted (they must of been good as I only got to eat one! lol).

Oh....my....gosh

Cupcake Katie, you own me right now....

Syn free CRISPS?????? It's times like these that I absolutely ADORE SW....:D

DSC00337-1.jpg

Homemade crisps

Oh....my....gosh

Cupcake Katie, you own me right now....

Syn free CRISPS?????? It's times like these that I absolutely ADORE SW....:D

I must say that these shouldnt be abused as snacks or eating 20 potatoes a day blah blah. :rolleyes:
They are lovely and are a mush lower fat alternative to crisps so if you eat them anyway with lunches etc or on a green day. obviously synned on a red and should be part of a meal on EE.

Enjoy! Im making more tomorrow !:)

Back