+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

the 'you own me' thing really made me chuckle :) hehe Happy to help!

Cupcake Katie, it's true, lol!! :worthy:

Crisps are one of my MAJOR temptations, and the Walkers baked crisps are nice enough, but nothing like the 'real' thing :D and the 'real' thing is so high in syns.

These look gorgeous!

I'll break this recipe out when I've got the serious munchies....one potato should make loads as they are quite thinly sliced, and a much healthier option - wooot for crisps! Only once in a while, I promise....:D

OMG I made the crisps last night when I got home from work.

First time I used about 2/3 of a medium potato with some Maldon sea salt and they were amazing!!! Tasted just like real crisps!!

2nd time I put some freshly ground pepper on too but burnt them oops - hope it wasn't a fluke!

And I definately won't go overboard with them - far too much effort for a snack so will definately be an occasional snack

Thanks for the recipe xxx

I used to make microwave crisps all the time last time I was on SW - I did have a special contraption that you stand the slices of potato up in - think I got it from Lakeland - but it always seemed to take ages to make them! I had forgotten about it until I saw this thread, I will have to see if I still have it. I think I ended up chucking it out as it got kind of a bit melted in places (probably from overuse :p).

photo3.jpg

Rich beef and onion pie. 0.5 syn (for gravy granules)
Photo256.jpg

Fat Free chocolate cake.
photo1-1.jpg

...with chocolate chips and orange-choccy chip icecream.
photo3-1.jpg

4.5 syns (1.5 for 1/6 cake and 3 for 13g of chocolate chips)

THAT PIE! OMG!!! I want it! recipe please!! and same for the choc cake please! wow!

Thank everyone! it turned out really well!

Pie.
It is indeed smash pastry. I used half a packet of Asda Smartprice smash and mixed with water, seasoning and herbs. I used non stick foil to line my dish and pressed the smash into the edges to form the crust and so it would be easy to get out in one peice. I then brushed with egg wash and baked (empty) till golden.
The top was made the same, just rolled out and put ontop of the filling and brushed with eggwash. Took about 20 mins to brown on top. I then just took it out.
You could fill it with anything you wanted, im not sure sweet filing would work as it does still have that potato-y taste. I just used some beef stew i made from before as the filling but made sure there wasnt too much sauce so the 'pastry' didnt go soggy.

Great idea. I'll nick them too. Will post some myself asap.

Thank everyone! it turned out really well!

Pie.
It is indeed smash pastry. I used half a packet of Asda Smartprice smash and mixed with water, seasoning and herbs. I used non stick foil to line my dish and pressed the smash into the edges to form the crust and so it would be easy to get out in one peice. I then brushed with egg wash and baked (empty) till golden.
The top was made the same, just rolled out and put ontop of the filling and brushed with eggwash. Took about 20 mins to brown on top. I then just took it out.
You could fill it with anything you wanted, im not sure sweet filing would work as it does still have that potato-y taste. I just used some beef stew i made from before as the filling but made sure there wasnt too much sauce so the 'pastry' didnt go soggy.

Ok - can you just let me know, I have attampted the smash pizza before & hated it!! I absolutly hate smash type potato think it has a really horrible taste. Does the pastry actually taste of smash still???

It does look sooooooooooooooooo nice though!!!

I would say yes, it still does have a taste of smash to it. You could possibly add more herbs to it or maybe some oxo in the water you make it with to cover the taste
The browned bits didnt taste like mash, the paler parts did. Posisbly just cooking it longer and making it crisper would also help.

thats so so clever i'm so going to try that! thank you!

Back