+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

4418_94026970666_528245666_2380139_7975390_n.jpg

o_O again such delicious lookingmeals furry! I made the cheesecake tonight, was really yummy. How do you make your chicken kievs?

o_O again such delicious lookingmeals furry! I made the cheesecake tonight, was really yummy. How do you make your chicken kievs?

Hi, i just mix quark, chives and garlic and stuff it into a chicken breast, i then roll in beaten egg, bread crumbs made from 1/2 hex bread then egg again and bread again. frylight a tin and bake in oven turning over half way through :)

Furry - what's your chicken stew recipe pls?

U may not need all the sweetner hun, the first time i made it, it was very sweet so the second time i only put in 1/2 :)

lb 12oz/794g skinless and boneless chicken thighs
3 tsp dried mixed herbs
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Fry Light
1 onion
14oz/397g butternut squash
2 garlic cloves
¼pt/142ml chicken stock made with Bovril
750ml passata with herbs
9oz/255g green beans
2 tsp artificial sweetener
Freshly chopped parsley to garnish

1. Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and place in a bowl. Sprinkle over the herbs and seasoning and toss well.

2. Lightly spray a griddle pan with Fry Light and heat. Sear the chicken, in batches, for 1-2 minutes on each side until sealed. Set aside.

3. Meanwhile, peel and chop the onion and butternut squash and peel and crush the garlic. Place in a large pan with the stock and passata and bring to the boil. Add the chicken, cover and cook gently for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.

4. Trim and halve the beans, add to the pan along with the artificial sweetener, stir well, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and tender. Sprinkle over the chopped parsley, divide between four warmed plates and serve immediately.

Mmm that coconut cake looks gorgeous!! Could you post the recipe please?

Coconut Cake low syn
12syns for whole cake, serves 6
CAKE...
3 eggs
1ounce self raising flour(4 1/2 syns)
4 tablespoons granulated sweetener
1 tbs desecated coconut(4 1/2 syns)
6 glace cherrys(3 syns)
2 teaspoons coconut flavoring
TOPPING....
1/2 tub quark, 3 tbs sweetner.

Whisk up egg whites until stiff.
in a separtae bowl whisk egg yolks with coconut flavouring and 4 tbs of sweetner then add a 1/4 of the egg white & beat until pale yellow.
Next add the flour gradually & fold into the mix carefully, when all flour has been added then add the rest of the egg whites & fold in.
Pour into a small tin sprayed with frylight & bake in the oven on 180 for about 10 to 12 mins or until golden & firm to the touch.
Take out of the oven, leave to cool, when cool mix the quark and 3tbs sweetner together and spread onto cake, then sprinkle on the coconut and decorate with the cherrys

mm-Mmm! I've got to try that one!

Week 1-4: 17.5lbs Week 4-8: 14lbs
club_10_award.jpg
2_stone.jpg
slimmer_of_week.jpg
x4
slimmer_of_month_May.jpg

Stacey, you've done great! You've lost 6 stones so far? how long did it take you to lose it all? I am on track to lose 1 stone a month. I need to lose just over 7 stones. Do you think this is possible? or the slimmer you become the harder it is to get rid of it?

club_10_award.jpg
2_stone.jpg
slimmer_of_week.jpg
x4
slimmer_of_month_May.jpg

I've got the magazine here. I'm going to try and make it. x

club_10_award.jpg
2_stone.jpg
slimmer_of_week.jpg
x4
slimmer_of_month_May.jpg

The coconut cake is very versitile lol, it can be made into, chocolate cake, vanilla, orange or almond. you just change the flavouring, and for the chock you use 1/2 coco 1/2 flour. it wont rise as well but its a fab subsitute for chocolate cake :D

Dinner, spicy Mexican rice & beans, with steamed broccoli & roasted peppers. If I had an HEA available I'd have sprinkled with some cheese... Mmmmmm

f71b48e7.jpg

Stacey, you've done great! You've lost 6 stones so far? how long did it take you to lose it all? I am on track to lose 1 stone a month. I need to lose just over 7 stones. Do you think this is possible? or the slimmer you become the harder it is to get rid of it?

club_10_award.jpg
2_stone.jpg
slimmer_of_week.jpg
x4
slimmer_of_month_May.jpg

Hi there, It's taken me 2.5 years. Probably not what you wanted to hear but I have taken the rather scenic tour getting here!! The first 4st came off in the first year then it definitely became harder but I've also enjoyed my life in the meantime - been on various holidays, but also had surgery on both feet which meant I was housebound for a month so various things have gotten in the way.

I also lost my way a bit for a few weeks at a time but I'm glad I did it over a longer period of time. For me this has meant SW has become a way of life and a natural way of eating so hwen I do go off on holiday and have a bender, I'm always glad and relieved to get back to my 'normal' way of eating, which is what SW has become for me.

Good luck!

Breakfast was a smoked salmon omelette with baked beans and grilled tomatoes
0898cd1d.jpg

Dinner - pork chow mein!
438d65ca.jpg

Stacey you are an inspiration. It doesn't matter how long it's taken, you've achieved your goal. I think doing it slowly is the best way (for your skin to restore).

You must try this dish from the Slimming World Extra Easy cookbook (page 92). Free Syns on Extra Easy. It was delicious!!!!! Everyone was loving it. xx Here it is.
scan0001.jpg

club_10_award.jpg
2_stone.jpg
slimmer_of_week.jpg
x4
slimmer_of_month_May.jpg

P1030068.JPG

i got a yellow pepper and cut the top off and in half.
Made the cous cous with a cup of cous cous and a cup of hot water with chicken stock. Frylighted some red onions and some of the top of the yellow pepper.
added them and some sultanas and salt and pepper.

Baked the peppers and it was a lovely meal.

Evening everyone.... here are a few more of my meals Im doing red days at the moment

Thai steamed salmon with stir fry (1syn)one of my old faveWW recipes adapted to SW

meatballs with spicy vegetable sauce free if using cheeses as healthy A

my now fave brekkie :D -porridge with sliced banana and mixed berries

cardamom baked chicken -free -this recipe needs "tweaking"

cantonese pork in sweet chilli sauce (0.5) with stir fry

Roast beef and yorkshire pud 5.5 syns for pud n gravy

Mixed berry jelly and fromage frais bomb (0.5)

just had these -cheese stuffed sweet chill burgers -they were gorgeous -1/2syn per burger if using cheese as healthy A

Back