+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

I made the Moroccan Vegetable Stew from the new magazine tonight, it was so nice.

20840_142856709062605_100000148293205_435002_1230526_n.jpg

3 eggs
2 syn-free sausages
2 rashers of lean bacon, chopped
1 spring onion, chopped
1 large mushroom sliced
28g of cheese, grated (hea)
5 cherry tomatoes

Spray a tray with frylight, and add the sausages. Cook in the oven for 10 minutes. Whisk the eggs and add the grated cheese. Remove the tray from teh oven, add the chopped bacon & veg, and then tip in the egg mixture. Return to the oven for 15 minutes.

Me & my wee boy scoffed the lot between us :D

I shared this recipe with my son this morning and it was so delicious, thank you so much for the recipe. X

I made the Moroccan Vegetable Stew from the new magazine tonight, it was so nice.

20840_142856709062605_100000148293205_435002_1230526_n.jpg

That looks amazing Alia!!!!! I'm tempted to try some tonight, though I've already sent DH a text to get stuff for rice and fish lol. Looks fab!

Dinner tonight, extra hot stir fry vegetables, grilled salmon and lemon coriander rice. Yum!

fc434827.jpg

your food always looks fantastic honey an inspiration. what menu do you follow? ee/red do you have a weekly menu or make it up as you go along? sorry just trying to get organised

your food always looks fantastic honey an inspiration. what menu do you follow? ee/red do you have a weekly menu or make it up as you go along? sorry just trying to get organised

Hiya!! I do a combination of all three plans. Maybe a fraction more EE days than the others. I don't have a weekly plan, I hate the restriction of having to eat what I planned a week before when I may not necessarily feel like eating that particular food on the day. So I decide what we're having for dinner during the day and then text DH to get the ingredients I need (because he gets home before me most days) and that's it! As a result we go shopping pretty much every day but DH only likes fresh food anyway.

Dinner tonight, extra hot stir fry vegetables, grilled salmon and lemon coriander rice. Yum!

fc434827.jpg

that looks deliscious!!!

thank honey that may suit me better hate not feeling like what i was planning

Dinner tonight was Caribbean fish soup. Got the recipe from locals when DH and I were on our honeymoon in Barbados and I'm quite happy with my version :D

It contains okra, spinach, potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, onions, chillies, garlic, fish and crab!!

97ecf310.jpg

Today's brekkie and lunch: Boiled plantain with beans, veggies, sausage and burger (Joe's); then rice with stew and chicken.

Attachments

• P7110001.jpg
    P7110001.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 229
  • P7110010.jpg
    P7110010.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 230
That looks wonderful Christina! Can you post how you made your chicken stew?

Sure Honey, I make a huge pot though, so I guess it can be halved or even quartered to reduce syns:

Okay my huge pot feeds about 15-16 (or 5 people over 3-4 days!)

Ingredients:

Medium/large onion
1 tube of tomato puree
4 tins of plum tomatoes
2-3 couple of scotch bonnet peppers (depends on how spicy you like it, these can be left out though)
Chicken stock (I usually boil chicken pieces with a stock cube thrown in and use the water from that)
I use 22 tbsp of oil (O_O)

Optional: Garlic; bay leaf

Method:

Throw your tinned tomatoes and scotch bonnets (remove stems) in a blender and blend till smooth.

Heat your big pot; Chop up your onion. Add 5 tbsp of oil to the pot and fry your onions till light brown (you could add finely chopped garlic to this part).

Pour in the tinned tomato mixture - add another 5 tbsp of oil.

Fry this mixture until it starts 'spitting' - then add the whole tube of tomato puree and the remainder of the oil (12 tbsp).

This mixture has to fry until it looks a little 'beany' (lol) and the oil flows to the surface (at this point you can skim off the excess oil if you want, it's served it's purpose); it needs constant stirring because it can burn easily underneath. I usually cook it on a really low heat for this part. It takes longer, but it's worth it!

Add the chicken stock and put it up to full heat (could add bay leaf here)- it's ready when it starts 'spitting' again and is reduced. Add your chicken pieces (note: after boiling the chicken, I throw them in the oven with a bit of Frylight for a little while, so they're not too soft when they go into the stew. That way they don't go to pieces).

Voila! Stewy goodness! My family has it with rice normally, sometimes mixed with some wilted spinach too, but honestly it's good on anything and to my knowledge it keeps in the fridge for a good couple of days at least. My mum does a fish variation that's awesome, I will be getting that recipe from her too. Enjoy!

Last edited:
EEK! How many syns is 22 tblsp of oil?? Sounds lovely though.

Lol, it comes up to a staggering 132 syns *faints*

But when you divvy up the portions it comes to 9 syns (inc. puree worked out at 6.5 for the whole tube)! The funny thing is, if not for the oil, it's pretty syn-friendly. But it needs to be fried and frylight just won't cut it! I usually make it once a week, and I only have the one portion, I leave the rest for the family. I suppose skimming the oil off the top would reduce the syns somewhat after the main cooking process.

Lol, it comes up to a staggering 132 syns *faints*

But when you divvy up the portions it comes to 9 syns (inc. puree worked out at 6.5 for the whole tube)! The funny thing is, if not for the oil, it's pretty syn-friendly. But it needs to be fried and frylight just won't cut it! I usually make it once a week, and I only have the one portion, I leave the rest for the family. I suppose skimming the oil off the top would reduce the syns somewhat after the main cooking process.

WOWZA!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Back