+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Balsamic Glazed Courgettes

I was given some homegrown courgettes and was trying to think of something different to do with them so I cut them up and fried them with some Frylight, rock salt, fresh black pepper and a few glugs of really good quality thick balsamic vinegar. Sauteed until they were caramelised. They were really yummy!

Attachments

• IMG_7536.JPG
    IMG_7536.JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 163
Hot Smoked Salmon & Courgette Pasta

One of the easiest lunches ever and very tasty!

Pasta, grated courgette, hot smoked salmon flakes, lemon juice, fresh dill, salt & pepper!

Attachments

• IMG_7567.JPG
    IMG_7567.JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 182
Stacey, inspired by your fish, chips & mushy peas I had the same thing for dinner tonight. It was delish. I used half an ounce of Dr Oetker wholemeal breadcrumbs for the coating. I can't find syn values for this anywhere so counted it the same as those orange-y paxo breadcrumbs that you get.

Thanks for giving me the idea - I wouldn't have thought of doing it myself :).

S/W Black Forest Gateau....

....well my interpretation of it anyway

Not bad for 1 1/2 syns per serving :D
photo2.jpg

Last edited:
decided to have dinner for lunch today, will then have something small at dinner time.

I bought some Tilapia yesterday, loads of it in fact. So have frozen some and then cooked some for dinner.

I did the Tilapia fillets with a Spicy Cherry Tomato and Yellow Pepper Salsa and served with Steam rice and Whole Green Beans. It was delicious.

DSC_0144_thumb.jpg

Honey - that cake looks delish, how did you make it?

decided to have dinner for lunch today, will then have something small at dinner time.

I bought some Tilapia yesterday, loads of it in fact. So have frozen some and then cooked some for dinner.

I did the Tilapia fillets with a Spicy Cherry Tomato and Yellow Pepper Salsa and served with Steam rice and Whole Green Beans. It was delicious.

DSC_0144_thumb.jpg

That looks beautiful, how did you make the salsa?

Thanks Donna, I'm definately going to make that... might substitute the cherries for raspberries though (Not sure I'd have the patience to stone all those cherries!!)

Thanks Donna, I'm definately going to make that... might substitute the cherries for raspberries though (Not sure I'd have the patience to stone all those cherries!!)

I'm not Donna, i'm Vicky but you're more than welcome :D

Oooo, those fritters look lovely! I was looking at those in the cookbook last night and was contemplating making them! :) xx

Grating the potato was very messy & fiddly, so halfway through I gave up & just chopped as small as I could lol. The starch made the grated potato really gooey and it stuck to everything like glue! so my tip - dont bother trying to grate!!!

Back