+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Thanks

Would like to say thanks to everyone for this thread I've had some great meals thanks to you all and lots of ideas. :thankyou:

008-10.jpg
[/IMG]

Honey spiced chicken breasts with syn free wedges and green beans ( this is with Quorn fillets) 2syns for sauce each

009-7.jpg
[/IMG]
and the chicken

Cheese burgers with sw chips and salad - gorgeous. :p

Had this on a red day:
Burgers = 1 syn each
chips = B
Cheese = A
Salad = Free

These look yummy! And far better than mine did tonight! Can I ask how you cooked them? xx

Hi Dudette,

I shaped the patties and then put them in the fridge for a couple of hours (helps them stay together).. I then put them in the over on a wire tray over a baking tray and cooked for about half hour (middle shelf) whilst my chips were cooking, I then finished them off under the grill to melt the cheese..

:D

home.php
home.php
home.php
Biryani and Vegetable Curry. The whole meal per portion is 1 syn. Had it with a mini naan for 8 syns.

I'VE TRIED TO ADD PICS BUT I OBVIOUSLY DONT KNOW HOW LOL

Last edited:
#sueschoices - To add photos, upload your photo from your computer to a photobucket account (easy and free to sign up to) then copy and paste the IMG code to your post.

I'm loving this healthy Eating Plan and this site for meal ideas so far I've found Syn free Pizza with a real bread base. Syn free Kentucky Fried Chicken, Chicken Biryani with a veg curry, potato crisps!!! Anyway here goes with some pics.

Pizza1.jpg
Pizza2.jpg
Pizza, free on a red day until I added 28g ham 1.5 syns.

ChickenBiryani.jpg
Chicken Biryani

VegCurry.jpg

Vegetable Curry

ChickenBiryaniandVegCurry.jpg

1 syn per serving

Then I did a 3-course meal for hubby and I on a Extra Easy Day, the Slimming World Way....
MelonandPalmaHam.jpg

Melon and Palma Ham with a honey and mustard dressing 2 syns.

SteakChipsandPeas.jpg

Sirloin steak, chips, peas,mushrooms, tomato, and onion rings. Syn free.

BananaandChocolateMousseButterfly.jpg

Tesco value chocolate mousses spooned onto a plate to form the wings and body of a butterfly, chopped banana to decorate. 4 syns.

3coursemeal.jpg

Main meal served with a Garlic sauce and a Peppercorn Sauce. 4 syns for each sauce. Made one with my milk allowance, and we had half each so a bit of both cost me 4 syns lol.

Not wine in the glasses, but syn free sparkling flavoured water!

Last edited:
Italian Pan-fried Pork with a Creamy Mozzerella Topping

ItalianPork.jpg

Wanting something different? Try this it litterally makes your taste buds burst, the photo doesn't do this meal any justice. It has to be tasted to see what I'm saying lol.

You'll need all 4 rings on your hob, but takes less than 20 mins to cook from scratch and so worth it!

2/4 Pork steaks 1-2 per person
1 egg
Dried Tagliatelle pasta (As recomended on the pack per person)
1 ball Mozzerella cheese
1 Tin of tomatoes
Mixed herbs
garlic, fresh, minced or salt.
Closed cup mushroons
Ground black pepper
5ml Grated parmesan cheese per serving (Optional)

Set off a large pan of water to boil.

Open the tin of tomatoes and add to a small pan with the garlic and herbs, bring to the boil then lower heat and simmer, stirring occasionally until the juice reduces and you have a tomato paste. Turn heat to the lowest and leave until ready.

Spray a frying pan with frylight and put on a medium heat. Beat the egg in a bowl, remove any visable fat from the pork and then dip the chop into the beaten egg and transfere it to the frying pan, repeat with any other chops. Cook for 5 minutes then turn over, drizzel any remaining beaten egg over the chops, and cook for a further 5 minutes.

When the large pan of water is boiling, add the Tagliatelle

Wash and halve the mushrooms and fry them in frylight in a seperate pan.

Measure out 42g of mozzerella (1 HeA or 6 syns) and slice, turn the chops over once more and place the mozzerella over the chops, cover the pan and leave to melt.

Drain the pasta when ready, and serve onto each plate.

Next to the pasta pour some of the tomato sauce, lay the chop/s over the pasta, and pile the mushrooms on top of the chops.

Serve with a side salad if requires and sprinkle ground black pepper over the whole meal and parmesan if using. ENJOY!

Last edited:
I love the look of the Pizza!!
Can you share the recipe for that as I have only tried the smash ones but really didn't like them at all :(

For a 2 HEb pizza base
You are looking for Tesco Crusty Wholemeal Bread Mix. It looks like this:

You can use these quantities as ‘free’ on a red or a green day because they are the equivalent of 2 HEbs. Just stick to your green or red day rules when you add your toppings, eg no sweecorn on red days, no meat on green etc.
If you use this on an EE day, then count 1HEb and 6 syns.
Don’t forget to count your cheese as a HEa to ensure totally syn free!
Take 75g of your wholemeal bread mix, save approximately 5g for dusting and add approximately 60-70ml of water til you form a dough. Knead according to instructions. This, when cooked, will make a base of approximately 115g in weight, which is 2HEbs.
When the dough has risen/rested for the required time, flatten with a rolling pin or, as I do, use the base of your hand for a more rustic base, using your leftover dusting mix to ensure your base doesn’t stick to the breadboard or chopping board.
Put the base into your baking tray and then top with a thin layer of passata (I like to add paprika and oregano to mine). Sprinkle on a little bit of cheese, it’s up to you whether you use 1 or 2 servings of mozzarella, don’t forget 1 serving of mozzarella is 42g or you can have 8 of those low fat President’s Light mozzarella balls per HEa. If you just want regular mozzarella, Iceland do a very reasonable bag of pizza cheese for just £2. The ingredients list says that it is mozzarella so I have used 42g of it as a HEa until someone tells me different. I have also used the Tesco Healthy Living mozzarella ball, which is really nice too.
Add your free or superfree toppings, making sure they are all cooked first because foods such as mushrooms and bacon are very watery and you don’t want soggy pizza base.
The packet says to cook on two hundred and something but after trial and error I have found that cooking your pizza on 150-180 for 20-30 minutes (depending on size of pizza) gives you a crust with decent bite without being burnt.
If you have done this right, your pizza should fit comfortably inside the inner ring of a standard dinner plate.
I would say that just to be on the extra extra angelic side, make sure you do have a couple of syns left over from your day to makeup for any approximation in your mix quantities (eg if you make it too sloppy by mistake and need to add a little more mix to even out the texture)

NB: Got the recipe on this site somewhere but not sure where but I bookmarked it. ;)

Ohhh and the bread mix pack is only half the size of a 1kg bag of flour, I was looking for a huge bag.

I also used 1tbs of Hellman's lighter than light mayonaise that I added mixed herbs and minced garlic to for a pizza crust dip, only 1.5 syns!

Back