+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Oh *honey, was that the potato based one? Point me in the direction of a recipe, please x

Yes it is :)

*honeys Pizza for one ( increase quantities for more)
1 medium potato - grated and squeeze all the liquid out
1 egg - beaten
2 tomatoes - chopped
1/2 onion red or white - finely chopped
tomato puree 1 squidge!
28g full fat chedder HEA- grated
what ever toppings you like ( i had roasted veg)

soften onion in fry light, and then add tomatoes, puree and season and i added herbs too and soften and cook until pizza sauce.
mix potato and egg together and season ( i also added some mixed herbs in)
spray small frying pan with fry light and get hot, pour potato mix in and flatten out and leave to cook, when underside is done slide onto a plate and then turn over back in to pan.

place tomato sauce on to potato pizza base then add your toppings and then cheese and place under grill till toppings hot and cheese melted.

***NB i DONT use low fat cheese as it doesnt melt properly! and for this 28g is fine.

and tonights dinner. SW KFC and KFQ for me....lol (Kentucky fried Quorn)

009-8.jpg

Hubbys

010-7.jpg

Mine

was yummy, not that i had anything to judge it by as never had KFC being a veggie....lol

tonights roast dinner
Quorn lamb grill, roast potato, parsnip and carrots and duchesse potatoes and broccoli, carrot and swede

001-16.jpg

002-13.jpg

some yummy foods I made over the last couple of days. After being major busy and going off track (thankfully though I never gained, I managed to STS)

Chicken Parmigiana
DSC_0169_thumb1.jpg

Chicken Fried Rice
DSC_0187_thumb.jpg

Lamb Meatball and Bean Curry
meatballs2_thumb.jpg

hi can you please send me the recipe for the Chicken Parmigiana and the chicken fried rice please thanks anna xx :D

ChickenKormawithRiceandPotatoWedges.jpg

Chicken Korma - recipe from the Saucy Secrets Book. 2.5 syns Extra Easy Plan

o_O that looks lush! Have been missing kormas as havent seemed to find a low fat version Ive liked so far, whats the recipe for that one?

ham.jpg

Ham and Cheese Roll-ups. Ideal as a starter or for lunch. Syn free on Red and Original.

I used cottage cheese with onion and chives and rolled it up in slices of ham laid on a bed of salad.

For half a syn I sprinkled grated parmesan cheese and fresh ground black pepper over the lot!

Twochocolatemousse.jpg

Two Chocolate Mousse with red berries 7 syns on all plans.

Last edited:
o_O that looks lush! Have been missing kormas as havent seemed to find a low fat version Ive liked so far, whats the recipe for that one?

3 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed

2 onions, chopped roughly
3 gloves, garlic roughly choped
1" root ginger, rouchly chopped
1/2 pint stock made with chicken bovril
1 tbsp ground coriander
1 cinnamon stick, broken
1/2 tsp turmeric
5 cardamon pods, lightly crushed
1/2 tsp salt
juice of 1/2 lemon
28g/1 oz block of creamed coconut, grated
125g/5 oz very low fat natural yogurt
2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander

1. Place the onion, garlic and ginger in a blender and blend to a smooth paste. Transfer to a frying pan along with the chicken stock. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer gently for 5 minutes.

2. Stir in the spices, salt and lemon juice. Add the coconut and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Gradually add the yogurt, a spoon at a time, and simmer gently for 15-20 minutes (do not boil or the yogurt will curdle).

3. Discard the cinnamon pieces. Add the cooked chicken and scatter over the fresh coriander and stir to combine before serving.

serves 4

2.5 syns per serving on green and original

What is this? :)

Hi ya, It is a Lentil roast with roast potatoes, parsnips and carrots, with broccoli and leeks and braised red cabbage.

Lentil roast recipe Made 1 loaf tin - had half each!

125g red lentils
500ml veg stock
1 bay leaf
56g full fat strong chedder, grated ( HEA each)
1 leek, chopped
60g mushrooms chopped
2 sliced of nimble, blitzed to crumbs (2syns each)
1tbsp fresh chopped parsley
1/2 tbsp lemon juice
1 egg
salt and pepper

1)Put lentils in pan with stock and bay leaf and cover and simmer until soft and all water has been absorbed.
2)With fry light gently soften the leek and mushroom
3) line a loaf tin and spray with frylight
4) in a bowl mix together the bread cumbs, leeks and mushrooms, lentils, cheese salt and pepper, egg and lemon juice and parsley.
5) tip in to loaf tin and smooth down, cover with foil and put in a pre heated oven at 190c for 45mins to 1hr, ( keep checking it, and remove foil for 5 mins at end to crisp up the top)

so HEA and 2 syns each

Back