+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Breakfast Delight

Ok, so I'm cheating as I didn't make this myself (I treated myself to breakfast out!) but still....you could definitely make this at home. It was wonderful!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 361
You need to have some willpower as they have lots of nice things like pancakes, waffles, crepes, etc!!

BTW - congrats on the baby!! I did't know you were pg!!! Have you done SW throughout the pg?

Chicken Casserole; Breakfast Hash; Marinated Chicken

1) Colman's chicken casserole with celery, onion, carrots and garlic served with steamed broccoli and roasted potato/sweet potato. Approx 6-7 syns for the pack of casserole mix but it served 4 so only 1.5 syns per serving.

2) Breakfast hash - shredded potato, red onion and turkey bacon topped with pickled jalapenos and salsa and a 'fried' egg with grapefruit on the side.

3) Marinated Herby chicken with green beans and rice pilaf. Syns per serving - approx 3.

Attachments

• IMG_8431.jpg
    IMG_8431.jpg
    500.2 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_8435.jpg
    IMG_8435.jpg
    512.1 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_8427.jpg
    IMG_8427.jpg
    510.6 KB · Views: 295
You need to have some willpower as they have lots of nice things like pancakes, waffles, crepes, etc!!

BTW - congrats on the baby!! I did't know you were pg!!! Have you done SW throughout the pg?

Yep have been doing slimming world throughout my pregnancy (am 32 weeks now). Although have had days where I havent gone completely to plan what with food aversions/cravings etc. I have gained 12lbs so far, so not too bad, considering it was a few stone at least by this stage with my son. lol

How you settling into Canada and finding foods?

BTW zehrs/canadian superstore do a back bacon that you will be used to in the UK, it is called wiltshire bacon in a white pack, as bacon can be quite hard to find, apart from the usual breakfast fatty streaky stuff, or the very thick Canadian bacon slices.

Definately worth getting if you spot it. I always buy 2 packs whenever they have some. Remove the rind/fat and it will be free

It looks like this:

m3732304_PCWiltBcnRshers_ENFR.jpg

must post it on my free foods list actually.

Last edited:
1) Colman's chicken casserole with celery, onion, carrots and garlic served with steamed broccoli and roasted potato/sweet potato. Approx 6-7 syns for the pack of casserole mix but it served 4 so only 1.5 syns per serving.

2) Breakfast hash - shredded potato, red onion and turkey bacon topped with pickled jalapenos and salsa and a 'fried' egg with grapefruit on the side.

3) Marinated Herby chicken with green beans and rice pilaf. Syns per serving - approx 3.

stacey - may i please ask the recipe for the herby chicken it looks fab.

Great to see you posting Stacey :)

Mmmmmmmm my sat night platter. Syn free houmous Carrots celery syn free crisps made from 1 potato xx

Attachments

• 2011-03-12 19.19.24.jpg
    2011-03-12 19.19.24.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 261
Herby Chicken

Herby Chicken (it's best done on the BBQ but I just grilled mine. I also used breast rather than thighs. Again, the original recipe I tried at a friend's house used thighs and was done on the BBQ - amazing! But my version was also tasty):

Total recipe - 7.5 syns (if not using oil as B. The original recipe called for 4tbsp oil and 2 tbsp mustard but I scaled it back to make it more syn friendly)

12-15 boneless skinless chicken thighs
1tbsp olive oil (6 syns)
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 c red onion, grated or chopped very fine
1.5 tsp garlic
1/4 c fresh coriander, chopped
1 tbsp dijon mustard (1.5 syns)

I put everything in a little mini food processor and blitzed it all. Then put the chicken in a ziploc bag and pour marinade over and seal bag. Leave in fridge overnight. BBQ for 7-10 mins on each side until cooked.

Fajita chicken with Mexican rice, salad, home made spicy salsa and seasoned quark. It was lovely

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110314_182305.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110314_182305.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 295
It was mild Mexican savory rice, quite tasty. I used the Schwartz Fajita shake mix for the chicken and it was really good.

Back