+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Pot Roast

Roast beef with green beans, broccoli and roasted potatoes. No syns!!

(and before you ask, the roast is from a pouch that you just microwave - Maple Leaf Savoury Roasts from Canada and is freeeeeeeeeeeeee!!)

Attachments

• IMG_8504.jpg
    IMG_8504.jpg
    509.5 KB · Views: 236
man that roast beef looks good!
think im gonna do brisket in the slow cooker at the weekend!

Spatchcock tandoori chicken!
Yummy!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Attachments

• image-2571089467.jpg
    image-2571089467.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 226
that picture scares me!! :/ xxx

haha! its coming to find me!

:hide:

xxx

Jambalaya

Pebbles, great minds think alike. I just came on here to post my dinner - jambalaya too!

Mine was a chicken and hot italian turkey sausage jambalaya (though I prefer with chorizo) - 1/2 syn per serving; served with pickled beetroot and steamed broccoli.

Attachments

• IMG_8509.jpg
    IMG_8509.jpg
    500.6 KB · Views: 225
StaceyUK said:
Pebbles, great minds think alike. I just came on here to post my dinner - jambalaya too!

Mine was a chicken and hot italian turkey sausage jambalaya (though I prefer with chorizo) - 1/2 syn per serving; served with pickled beetroot and steamed broccoli.

Oooh recipes please girls I've never tried jambalaya before

Oooh recipes please girls I've never tried jambalaya before

here you go piplatts
chicken and chorizo jumbalaya.
oh yum oh yum and so creamy like a risotto.

try it you'll love it.

ok adjust the amounts accordingly but i basically did enough for 3 servings, 2 fairly large servings and a smaller one for packed lunch.

i used a pack of chorizo which i found in iceland 70g for £1, already in slices but i then quartered them (3 syns each serving)
325g pack of sainsburys chicken thigh fillets, cut into large chunks
1 red onion chopped
1 crushed garlic clove
1 celery stick sliced
1 green pepper sliced
150g long grain rice
200ml hot chicken stock (1 chicken oxo in water )
half tin chopped tomatoes
2tbsp chopped thyme

dry fry the chorizo, and the chicken, the chorizo is very oily so dont add frylight. cook until the chicken changes colour on all sides. (about 4 mins).
transfer to a saucepan. drain any oil away.
cook the onion for 2 mins, then add garlic, celery and pepper, cook for 3 mins stirring. then add to chicken.
stir in the rice, add the stock, the tomatoes season and stir. cover and simmer for 20 mins. have another batch of hot stock ready to top up if rice needs longer. i used another 75mls. when cooked, stir in some thyme and serve.
it was damn gorgeous. gonna be doing this again. another example of how you can adapt almost anything to a sw recipe.

it was 3 syns per serving cos of the chorizo but well worth it,you could leave it out if you dont want to use syns but the chorizo gave it a kind of smokey, im sitting in louisiana kind of a taste. lovely. did i say how nice it was?
didnt want any dessert as was completely stuffed!

PJPlatts - see the recipe section - I think my recipe is on the first or second page. It's similar to Pebbles' but I use a bit more spices and lemon juice, tabasco & fresh parsley at the end which really makes it zing.

Have made the gammon and egg loaf from the new mag but used ham and am going to have it with a nice big salad and some piccalilli tomorrow for lunch :)
OMG that looks AMAZING! any way u can post the recipe hun? looks soooo goooood! xxxx

It's in the latest magazine hun xxx

I was debating whether to give this a go but I wondered if it would just be too much like SW quiche?

Back