30222-albums3128-picture18422.jpg

I really didnt like my roulade :(

GREEN MASALA CURRY

GREEN MASALA CURRY serves 4
ORIGINAL 2 1/2 EXTRA EASY 2 1/2 syns

For the green masala paste
1 onion - finely chopped
fry light
4 large handfuls of fresh coriander - roughly chopped reserving a few leaves for garnish.
2 large handfuls of fresh mint leaves.
1-2 chillies
5 garlic cloves - peeled
1" piece of ginger - finely grated
2 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
juice of 1 lime

For the curry
4 skinless chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
7fl oz/198mls reduced fat coconut milk
14fl oz/397mls chicken stock
salt and pepper
1 red chilli - de-seeded and finely chopped.

METHOD
Fry the onion in fry light over a medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes, or until softened. Transfer to a food processor with the remaining masala paste ingredients and blend well, adding a few tablespoons of the stock if it is too thick.
Heat a deep pan sprayed with fry light and add the paste, bay leaf and chicken pieces. Stir fry over a medium heat for 2 - 3 minutes, making sure the paste does not stick to the pan. If it starts to do so just add a splash of water.
Stir in the coconut milk and stock, then bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 mins, or until the chicken is cooked through.
Season to taste, then scatter over the chopped chilli, serve garnished with coriander.

Coriander - I used 1 bunch of coriander which I buy from the Indian shop not a supermarket.(a bigger bunch for much less money) Chopped the roots off and took out the thicker, woody stems then put leaves and thin stems in the processor.
Juice of a lime - either use bottled lime juice or lemon juice.
Easy way to peel ginger - do it with a tea spoon - draw the spoon down the ginger and the peel comes off very easily.
Didn't bother to grate it just put it in the processor with the leaves.

the spongy bit not tht nice on its own but mine was mainly strawberries when it fell to pieces on my plate lol :)

He he yeah I ate all my strawberrys with sweetened quark but the sponge wasnt very nice :eek:

Please may I have the recipe for the cheesy pasta bake? It looks yummy!

I love pasta but not tomato based pasta, wish I knew some more recipes for non tomatoey pasta!!! X

i cheated and used batchelors pasta n sauce (i used the tomato one but another free one would work )

make up batchelors pasta n sauce as directed once cooked ad 1/2 tin of sweetcorn to the pan and mix in.

add one or two laughing cow extra light triangles and stir in over a low heat until melted into the sauce

Transfer to a dish
sprinkle your HEA worth of cheese (what ever you fancy) over the top and put under the grill until melted
(i used 2 cheese string lights because i like em :) i layerd the bottom of the dish with a bit of cheese aswell )

Will get the hang of this photo thing one day to be able to put the writing in as well as the photo :)

Ratatouille - Aubergine, courgette, onion, celery, tin tomatoes with a veggie oxo, garlic and dried oregano. Freezes well.

2 small slices of wholemeal toast - 25gms cheese.

they do look yum dont they! gotta get round 2 puttin pics on here xx

Friday night is veggie curry night. GREEN
Dal and spinach with rice - mushroom curry - cabbage and carrot curry - black-eyed bean curry.
13 sysns for the whole lot - 3 x 2 syns for 1 tsp oil to fry spices in cabbage and carrot, black-eyed bean and mushroom curries and 7 for the coconut powder in the cabbage and carrot. (Fry lite does not cook out the spices IMO)
But all the curries makes 7 meals so really just under 2 syns each.

Attachments

• Curry two inch wide.jpg
    Curry two inch wide.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:
I always forget to take photos of my dinner - I made the pasta arrabiata from the 100 sauces book tonight and it was delicious! I'll take pics next time.

Lots of veg and tuna pasta

GREEN DAY - plus tuna syns - however much you use.
Aubergine, courgette, onion, celery, mushroom and tinned tomato ratatouille with garlic and spices.
The pasta is lovely Aldi Conchiglie Gourmet pasta - looks and tastes nice.
Then add some drained water canned tuna and 25gms of cheese - a bit of cheddar and some parmesan.
What is left tonight has gone in a lock and lock box (the best thing ever invented) ready for tomorrow lunch with some salad and baby bel cheese.

Attachments

• Pasta..jpg
    Pasta..jpg
    313 KB · Views: 232
I also had some salad with this but ate it before we remembered to photograph it - must do a salad bowl and keep it on file to put it at the side of the photos. :p

Jamie Oliver Multi Cook

My new best friend - the best pressure cooker in the world and more.

Attachments

• Cooker.jpg
    Cooker.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 156
Back