+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Here's my sw quiche made with leftover angel hair spagetti (very frugal!), spring onions and red pepper. No syns.

P1050276.jpg

P1050278.jpg

That looks awesome! I must try it!

Lunch was leftover rice and veg, I added some butter beans and HEA cheese

58546792.png

Steak and chips for dinner with broccoli & mushrooms from my veggie box. Yum!

7a907e60.png

Dinner last night was salmon, potatoes and a tomato borad bean thingy lol. I have to say the broad beans gave me MAJOR gas :eek: it was my first time trying it and it was so delicious. Shame about the gas lol

e0970e05.png

Does anyone know about ipad cameras? I don't know what I'm doing wrong but pics from my ipad come out looking strange...

I've got gas just looking at those broad beans :eek:
They look yummy, but it's definitely them that does it! Just so you know you're not alone hahaha :D

Dinner last night was salmon, potatoes and a tomato borad bean thingy lol. I have to say the broad beans gave me MAJOR gas :eek: it was my first time trying it and it was so delicious. Shame about the gas lol

e0970e05.png

Does anyone know about ipad cameras? I don't know what I'm doing wrong but pics from my ipad come out looking strange...

legumes are the worst for giving gas. However I love all kind of beans especially edamame or lima ones. Your dinner looks delicious as always.

I don't think the camera is as good quality on the ipads/ipods compared to the iphone so that might be your problem. My ipod has the same camera as the ipad and I notice some come out not very well.

Thanks Britmum, well that sucks. I guess I'll just use my iPhone then. I just love how you can upload pics instantly, I much prefer them to conventional cameras. Such a shame about the broad beans, they were so tasty. Maybe once in a while then lol. Reminds me of when I ate a whole punnet of jerusalem artichokes. OMG the horror!!

How are you getting on?

My fave dinner, rice and fish! With tomatoes, courgettes and broccoli

5ac39360.jpg

This thread is fantastic... No excuse to ever get board... Lazy yes, but no board

My fave dinner, rice and fish! With tomatoes, courgettes and broccoli

5ac39360.jpg

I have never thought to do something like this. Did you put any herbs or anything in it? Is it chopped tomatoes? sorry to be nosey but that really looks yummy :)

I made my garlic chicken & roast vegetable lasagne last night and it was soooo good! Recipe is on page 8 of the recipe thread. This time I used half cheddar and half parmesan - yum!!! Worked out to be 1/2 HEX A and 1/2 HEX B, and 1.5 syns as it was too much for me to eat half of the whole lasagne!

Can you give me the recipe for this I cant seem to find it and it looks lovely x

I have never thought to do something like this. Did you put any herbs or anything in it? Is it chopped tomatoes? sorry to be nosey but that really looks yummy :)

Thanks Jackie, I used canned tomatoes with basil and I added some fresh coriander. I sauteed some onions, garlic & chilli in olive oil until softened, added the tomatoes, salt, pepper, pinch of sugar and half a stock cube. Simmer for 15 mins and that's it! I usually make lots and keep in the fridge for times when I need to make a bolognaise or any tomato based dish. When I make a big batch I simmer on very low heat for about an hour.

With this dish I just browned the courgettes and broccoli in a pan, added the tomato sauce and a splash of water. When the veg was almost cooked I added the fish and let it all steam for 5 mins. Added some lemon juice and coriander too! The whole thing literally took 10 mins. I cooked it while the rice was cooking in the rice cooker. Quickest dinner ever!

Thanks Jackie, I used canned tomatoes with basil and I added some fresh coriander. I sauteed some onions, garlic & chilli in olive oil until softened, added the tomatoes, salt, pepper, pinch of sugar and half a stock cube. Simmer for 15 mins and that's it! I usually make lots and keep in the fridge for times when I need to make a bolognaise or any tomato based dish. When I make a big batch I simmer on very low heat for about an hour.

With this dish I just browned the courgettes and broccoli in a pan, added the tomato sauce and a splash of water. When the veg was almost cooked I added the fish and let it all steam for 5 mins. Added some lemon juice and coriander too! The whole thing literally took 10 mins. I cooked it while the rice was cooking in the rice cooker. Quickest dinner ever!

Thank you I shall print this out later as it sounds yummy and i never know what to do with fish. Did you use fresh chilli's then?

Also stupid question which rice cooker do you use? I have a mega old microwave one that I cannot find a replacement for and wondered which you use as your rice looks perfect :)

I use this one, by Tefal. Its also a slow cooker, steamer and porridge cooker! its so easy to use too!

230475858.jpg

Lunch today was Chicken, lentil and vegetable soup with a bread roll filled with laughing cow blue cheese and salad. Very filling and perfect for this horrible wet day. Is this supposed to be summer??! Sigh...

IMG00559-20110618-1613.jpg

Chicken vegetable & lentil soup
Serves 4 - free on EE

1 large onion
2 cloves garlic
2 carrots
2 sticks celery
1 butternut squash
2 small potatoes peeled
1/4 pack soup mix http://www.ocado.com/webshop/produc...+mix&parentContainer=SEARCHsoup+mix_SHELFVIEW
4 large chicken thighs
Oil spray
2 chicken stock cubes dissolved in 1 litre boiling water
Salt & pepper
Fresh thyme sprigs
1 bay leaf

The soup mix is just a mix of pearl barley, green split peas, haricot beans, marrowfat peas, red split lentils, yellow split peas and brown rice. It's great as a soup thickener, makes it really hearty!

Season the chicken thighs with salt & pepper and set aside.

Peel and roughly chop the veggies. Soften the onions, garlic, celery and carrots in oil spray, season with salt & pepper. Add the chopped butternut squash and potatoes and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often.

Add the soup mix, stock, bay leaf and thyme and allow to simmer for 45 mins.

After 45 mins, lay the chicken on top of the soup and cover. Simmer for another 15 mins. Take out the chicken and shred with a fork.

Fish out the bay leaf and thyme stalk. Using a potato masher, mash the soup a bit to thicken but still retain texture. Add more water if too thick. Return the chicken to the soup, stir, check seasoning and serve!

It's soooo delicious and filling, it's my winter staple. I make a huge batch and freeze in individual portions so I always have a lunch or dinner handy if I don't feel like cooking.

Last edited:
Back