+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Jerk chicken wholemeal pitta (HEB) SW smoked paprika chips (HEB) and salad

Attachments

• image-199459776.jpg
    image-199459776.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 166
Britmum that looks soooooo good!

My dinner was harissa grilled chicken with sauted beans and sweet potato fries. These are the white sweet potatoes I got at Brixton market :D

f1f9ade0.jpg

Todays Dinner..............

Pete’s Baked Bean & Ham Lasagne

Serves 2

Ingredients

Pack of lasagne sheets
900g bottle of passata
Slices of smoked wafer thin ham
1 tin 410g baked beans
Mixed herbs
Oven-proof dish
56g cheddar (2x Hea)

Method

Soften the lasagne sheets with boiling water to make life easy, and then purr a thin layer of passata in the base of the oven-proof dish that has been sprayed with Fry Light.
Cover with lasagne sheets, layer of baked beans, layer of lasagne, layer of passata, layer of ham, layer of passata, layer of lasagne, layer of baked beans, layer of lasagne and then the final layer of passata, soaking all of the lasagne, sprinkle with mixed herbs, then grate 56g of cheddar over it all and place in a hot oven at 180c for 20mins covered with tinfoil, then remove the tinfoil for the last 10 mins

Attachments

• Baken Bean & Ham Lasagne-1 (Large).JPG
    Baken Bean & Ham Lasagne-1 (Large).JPG
    221 KB · Views: 165
  • Baked Bean & Ham Lasagne-2 (Large).JPG
    Baked Bean & Ham Lasagne-2 (Large).JPG
    255.7 KB · Views: 237
I made those mung bean wraps!! They were delicious and very easy to make. They're basically beany crepes lol. Very yum! Here's the recipe and instructions An exciting discovery « Spice and more
I think I made mine a little too thin, I'll make a thicker one tomorrow. I only did one and the rest of the batter is in the fridge. I have enough to make about 8 so I think I'll freeze whats left.
I soaked my mung beans for two days because they were the whole beans, not split beans and I drained most of the water but left a little in the bowl. Basically poured out all the water until there was nothing covering the beans but a little at the bottom of the bowl, if that makes sense. Then I blended it all and added a little salt and mixed well. Spreading it on to the crepe pan was a little tricky so I just scooped a bit at a time and spread it with a spatula, kind of like plastering a wall lol! The result was a very yummy beany crepey wrap! I filled it with grilled haddock, shredded lettuce, salsa, gherkins and a mayo yogurt dressing. Another SW discovery to add to my list of staples! 100lb to Lose thanks so much for sharing the recipe!

9ce2c64b.jpg

IMG_2982.jpg

IMG_2983.jpg

IMG_2984.jpg

Last edited:
I did think about that Allie but falafels are syn free and they're made from ground up chickpeas so I dunno... This is essentially the same steps as a falafel recipe except instead of making it into balls, you spread it out thinly. Where do you draw the line? I'm not using it as a dessert or as a snack so I think it'll be okay. I hope so anyway lol!

Honeyoc said:
I did think about that Allie but falafels are syn free and they're made from ground up chickpeas so I dunno... This is essentially the same steps as a falafel recipe except instead of making it into balls, you spread it out thinly. Where do you draw the line? I'm not using it as a dessert or as a snack so I think it'll be okay. I hope so anyway lol!

I think it is when using things as a replacement for flour it becomes syns, which is technically what is being done to make the wrap. You are not doing that with falafels

However as long as you keep them to just meals with your 1/3 superfree, I can't see it being a problem.

Having a meal and then eating these too as snacks would be an area to be cautious though.

;)

I think it is when using things as a replacement for flour it becomes syns, which is technically what is being done to make the wrap. You are not doing that with falafels

However as long as you keep them to just meals with your 1/3 superfree, I can't see it being a problem.

Having a meal and then eating these too as snacks would be an area to be cautious though.

;)
I agree fine if used with a meal.

I say this as well as in an SW magazine a few months ago they made and showed how to make wraps out of egg, ie thin omlettely thingy and filled with bolognese, ie syn free wraps, so to me this is no different

Thanks guys, what you suggested makes sense. I don't plan on having these as snacks, heck I get so many HEs I have more than enough to snack on! I actually prefer them to regular tortilla wraps, they're more chewy and moist. Yum!

Dinner tonight was somewhat Christmassy lol. Roasted turkey drumstick with braised red cabbage & apple and potato cake!

IMG_2987.jpg

IMG_2988.jpg

IMG_2991.jpg

It was a little dry, despite what the picture looks like lol. I didn't love it but it was okay. I'd have prefered a roast chicken! The potato cake and cabbage were gorgeous though!

I've emailed Slimming World about the wraps. I agree with you on this one Honey, I don't think I'm going to syn them - the mung beans are sooo filling, I doubt you could eat more than one at a time. Plus you're not going to start snacking on mung bean wrap on it's own, you have it with other stuff as part of a meal. xxxx

I cant wait to try the mung bean wraps! Bought some at the weekend. I would also think if eating them as part of a meal it would be ok to count them as free, but will be interesting to see what the SW bigwigs say

Last night's desert.

Blackberry and cherry pie... blackberries&cherries cooked and put in a ramekin then low fat shortcrust pastry on top. Was reallllly good... mightdo strawberry&apple next!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Attachments

• image-2941242271.jpg
    image-2941242271.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 120
Where can you get mung beans from our local Sainsburys don't have them?

bilsat said:
Where can you get mung beans from our local Sainsburys don't have them?

I got mine from a farm shop/health food store. I also saw them on Sainsbury's online so maybe you'll have better luck at a larger Sainsbury's store.

Morning Honey! Love the look of the red cabbage-one of my favourites. I live in Twickenham and so know Surbiton very well! We have probably passed each other in Kingston or some other local town in the past! I like this part of greater London-the best of both worlds!x

If you use chickpeas as flour you have to syn but if you use them to make hummous, its free???? So I think that these will fine if eaten as intended and not as snacks.

It looks like I've started a bit of a debate over these wrap. Sorry about that.

Kat
x

Back