+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

That's okay Kat! The most important thing is that they're DELICIOUS! And free as far as I'm concerned :D

julesm said:
I've emailed Slimming World about the wraps. I agree with you on this one Honey, I don't think I'm going to syn them - the mung beans are sooo filling, I doubt you could eat more than one at a time. Plus you're not going to start snacking on mung bean wrap on it's own, you have it with other stuff as part of a meal. xxxx

Oh thanks for that, let us know what SW say. You're so right, they're reeeeeeeeally filling. My batter made enough for 8 wraps, so 1/8th of a cup per wrap which is roughly 2tbsp of the beans :eek: wow that's a lot of filling power for such a small amount! It should be a speed food! Lol!

Good old spaghetti bolegnese!

Attachments

• image-3360721172.jpg
    image-3360721172.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 121
Breakfast: Fried eggs, wholemeal toast, tomatoes & mushrooms

3.jpg

Lunch: Mung bean wrap filled with harissa chicken, cottage cheese and cucumber. Salad

7.jpg

8.jpg

Dinner: Butternut squash risotto with baby courgettes and cauliflower

e8dd0f04.jpg

Got my mung beans soaking away as we speak! Can't wait to try them. Thanks! :)

Are the wraps that soft plasticy texture like a pancake?

That's exactly right! They're just like beany flavoured crepes :D

Clareel let us know how your wraps turn out! It looks complicated on paper but they're really easy to make!

Will do Honeyoc - yours look amazing!! x

Tried Sainsbury's, Tesco & Asda and all of them don't list Mung beans on their website, try the local Asian shops, they are also known as moong beans, suppled by East End Foods
Got mine soaking as a type!
Can you put them in a bowl and cover with boiling water instead of cold? would this make the outer husks come off easier.

I went into sainsburys but no mung beas at this branch, got them from a local asian shop.
Soaked for 24 hours in cold water and tried to liquidise the beans but they were still lumpy, tried a soup processor, still lumpy, any ideas,made one wrap but too thick and lumpy, have the 2nd bowl of beans in soak at the moment.

Picture below of the first attempt!

Attachments

• Moong Bean wrap.JPG
    Moong Bean wrap.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 198
That's exactly right! They're just like beany flavoured crepes :D
oh no :( I was so excited but I HATE that texture, like real pancakes. It makes me gag :cry: I wanted to try this so much!:rolleyes:

I went into sainsburys but no mung beas at this branch, got them from a local asian shop.
Soaked for 24 hours in cold water and tried to liquidise the beans but they were still lumpy, tried a soup processor, still lumpy, any ideas,made one wrap but too thick and lumpy, have the 2nd bowl of beans in soak at the moment.

Picture below of the first attempt!

Oh no Pete! Yeah it definitely needs soaking for 48 hours at the very minimum. A good guide is to soak it until it starts to sprout slightly and when you taste it, it has a nutty taste and texture.
When you drain the water, reserve some to add to the blender. Even though the blogger said not to add water, I found that it was necessary to add some otherwise it just didn't blend. So add about 1/4 cup water to the beans and blend. Add another 1/4 cup if necessary and blend until you have a smooth batter similar in consistency to pancake batter. Don't forget to add some salt!

icebaby said:
Last night's desert.

Blackberry and cherry pie... blackberries&cherries cooked and put in a ramekin then low fat shortcrust pastry on top. Was reallllly good... mightdo strawberry&apple next!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

How many syns was this? X

I made those mung bean wraps!! They were delicious and very easy to make. They're basically beany crepes lol. Very yum! Here's the recipe and instructions An exciting discovery « Spice and more
I think I made mine a little too thin, I'll make a thicker one tomorrow. I only did one and the rest of the batter is in the fridge. I have enough to make about 8 so I think I'll freeze whats left.
I soaked my mung beans for two days because they were the whole beans, not split beans and I drained most of the water but left a little in the bowl. Basically poured out all the water until there was nothing covering the beans but a little at the bottom of the bowl, if that makes sense. Then I blended it all and added a little salt and mixed well. Spreading it on to the crepe pan was a little tricky so I just scooped a bit at a time and spread it with a spatula, kind of like plastering a wall lol! The result was a very yummy beany crepey wrap! I filled it with grilled haddock, shredded lettuce, salsa, gherkins and a mayo yogurt dressing. Another SW discovery to add to my list of staples! 100lb to Lose thanks so much for sharing the recipe!

IMG_2984.jpg

Ommm I have to make this, I *adore* mung beans, Ive got a giant jar in the cupboard! :) Yeah Im sure these will still be free, its not like a flour substitute as theyre not dried, theyre full of water once you use them and they're part of a whole meal. Yum yum, new thing to try! :) Oooh think of all the alternatives... mixed spicy bean wrap! Gungo beans, haricot banes, black beans... all mixed up and a bit of chilli in... or some jalapeno, ommmmmm that would be gawg!!!!! :)

Back