+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Emsie is that giant couscous? I have some in my cupboard but haven't gotten round to making it yet!

Okay I'll remember that. I guess as it is a type of pasta it would need lots of flavour!

Yesterdays recipe, was going to make the sauce mix but this one has less syn's then using cornflower, that's my excuse anyhow! served it with couscous and a side salad.

Pete’s Mushrooms in a Creamy Sauce

Serves 4
Ingredients
500g medium size mushrooms, sliced
1 onion, finely chopped
1 Tsp “easy lazy” garlic
1 Tsp “easy lazy” ginger
1 Schultz garlic, mushroom & cream sauce (4.5 Syn/4 =< 2 Syn)
300mL skimmed milk (3 Syn/4=< 1 Syn)

Method

Mix a little milk with the sauce mix in a small pan until all lumps are removed, continue to add the milk, place on a low light and bring to the boil, stir until thickened, put to one side.
Spray a pan with Fry Light and add the onion, garlic & ginger, cook until soft add chopped mushrooms and cook for 5 mins to infuse the flavours, add sauce and cook for a further 5 mins, season and serve.

Attachments

• Couscous & mushrooms (Large).JPG
    Couscous & mushrooms (Large).JPG
    169.7 KB · Views: 170
Just made these.................
If you get small strawberries you will get lots more, it's just what I had and it's an experimental recipe! Another idea is to put the Nutella into a heat-proof bowl and place it into a large bowl filled with boiling water, then wait for the Nutella to melt, this would give you a runnier mix and would go around a lot more strawberries! the choice is yours!

Pete’s Strawberry Dips

Ingredients
Punnet of strawberries, small to medium size
2 Tbsp. Nutella (8 Syn)
11g pack of Options, mint flavour (2 Syn)

Method

Place in a micro-proof dish 2 Tbsp. of nutella, heat until it goes soft but not runny, remove from the microwave and dip strawberries into it and then into a bowl filled with Options, remove and place on a grease-proof sheet of paper.

When finished place the sheet into the fridge and chill for at least 1 hour.

11 made divided by 10 Syn’s =< 1 Syn each!

Attachments

• Strawberry Dips (Large).JPG
    Strawberry Dips (Large).JPG
    241.9 KB · Views: 181
LUNCH
NINE layer salad! OMG soooo good :drool: It had layers of romaine lettuce, grated carrot, cucumber, 1/2 pot cottage cheese with pineapple (1.5), tomatoes, sweetcorn, boiled duck egg, ham, cheese (A)

6141048353_3f77f931e0.jpg

that looks good and the sort of thing i could take to work with me

Thought I'd give the mushy pea curry a whirl! Was lovely!

Attachments

• image-3551587847.jpg
    image-3551587847.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 153
DINNER
Grilled lamb chops with sauteed swiss chard with lemon, nutmeg & garlic
Honey roast carrots with cumin
Steamed corn on the cob

6145182872_dca331cf08.jpg

yesterdays dinner..............
Gammon, peas & chunky chips, what more can you say!

Attachments

• Gammon-Peas-Chips (Large).JPG
    Gammon-Peas-Chips (Large).JPG
    177.3 KB · Views: 172
bilsat said:
Yesterdays recipe, was going to make the sauce mix but this one has less syn's then using cornflower, that's my excuse anyhow! served it with couscous and a side salad.

Pete’s Mushrooms in a Creamy Sauce

Serves 4
Ingredients
500g medium size mushrooms, sliced
1 onion, finely chopped
1 Tsp “easy lazy” garlic
1 Tsp “easy lazy” ginger
1 Schultz garlic, mushroom & cream sauce (4.5 Syn/4 =< 2 Syn)
300mL skimmed milk (3 Syn/4=< 1 Syn)

Method

Mix a little milk with the sauce mix in a small pan until all lumps are removed, continue to add the milk, place on a low light and bring to the boil, stir until thickened, put to one side.
Spray a pan with Fry Light and add the onion, garlic & ginger, cook until soft add chopped mushrooms and cook for 5 mins to infuse the flavours, add sauce and cook for a further 5 mins, season and serve.

That looks yumm! Where do you get the sauce mix from? I've never heard of that! Thanks

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Hi Welshtigger

The recipe for the gammon, peas & chips is based on the recipe in the small recipe book with a recent SW mag it is called"a month of quick & easy dinners, 31 recipes" there is no other way to identify it!The recipe is quoted as Extra Easy Free.
I also have a side portion of salad with every meal and a choice of fruit.
here is the list of super free food I had with it!
onion
tomato
lettuce
radish
apple
nectarine

I try to keep to Ee whenever possible but as most of my recipes are home made, they are based as close as possible.I have made over 85 recipes so far since starting SW which sometimes appear on this website or are Emailed to members of our group to try and comment on with suggestions on ways to improve!
They seem to work for me as I have lost almost 4stone to date.

The Schwartz sauces are a range in Sainsbury's and are on special price at 2 for £1-00 at the moment! usually 89p each, several types available

Dinner, harisa baked chicken, potatoes and peppers with steamed green beans. Nice and spicy :D

6148323800_251c105fc5.jpg

Back