1 small onion, finely chopped
1 small carrot, finely chopped
1 stick of celery, finely chopped
1/8 sweet red pepper, finely chopped
1 tsp “very lazy” garlic
1 tsp “Worcester sauce”
1 tbsp sweetener

Method

Cut up the onion and put into a saucepan after spraying with Fry Light and cook until transparent. Cut up the carrot, sweet pepper & Celery into small pieces and add to the pan, add the vegetable stock and garlic mix for 2 mins, stirring all the time.

Add the tomatoes to the stock and cook for a few minutes and add a few drops of Worcester sauce.

Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 20 mins then remove from the heat and using a liquidiser reduce to liquid. Add seasoning and sweetener to taste. Return to the heat for a further 10 mins.

Dinner!

Pete’s Butternut Squash Chicken Curry

Serves 4
Ingredients
425g/½ butternut squash
1 onion, chopped
1tsp “very lazy” garlic
1tsp “very Lazy” ginger
1tsp cumin
1tsp turmeric
1tsp coriander
1tsp garam masala
1tsp madras curry powder
1Kg chicken, pre-cooked, chopped into cubes
750mL chicken stock
400g Chopped Tomatoes

Method

(This can be made in advance.)
Chop up the butternut squash into small cubes; leave the skin on, extra fibre!

Spray a large saucepan with Fry Light and add chopped onion, ginger & garlic, cook for 7 mins.

Add butternut squash, madras curry powder and chicken stock, cook for 40 mins, with a lid on the pan, remove from the heat and liquidize with a hand blender.

Continue.

Place back on heat and add cumin, turmeric and coriander, cook for 1 min, add tomato and chicken, cook for 20 mins or until chicken has been cooked through. Add garam masala 5 min before serving.
Serve on a bed of rice with a side salad.

Attachments

• Superier Soup-2 (Large).JPG
    Superier Soup-2 (Large).JPG
    171.1 KB · Views: 115
  • Butternut Squash Curry-2 (Large).JPG
    Butternut Squash Curry-2 (Large).JPG
    162.6 KB · Views: 181
BREAKFAST
Britmum's pancakes (B) with bacon and maple syrup (2)
Very yum, though definitely needed more bacon!

6156033015_07ce728e76.jpg

LUNCH
Chicken & ham mayo salad

6156041477_9f72fce5b1.jpg

DINNER
Rack of lamb
Honey rosemary roasted carrots and parsnips
Creamed leek and spinach

6155999197_aed079fdf2.jpg

6156587910_fb5ed96792.jpg

Hi Honeyoc.
Your food always looks yummy and I love your pics.You always seem to have a great choice of food! Keep the good work up!

Sundays Dinner, pork chop, roasted veg, cabbage & onion with gravy & salad..................

Supper was spaghetti carbonara & salad................

Attachments

• Sundays Dinner (Large).JPG
    Sundays Dinner (Large).JPG
    208.9 KB · Views: 288
  • Spaghetti Carbonara-3 (Large).JPG
    Spaghetti Carbonara-3 (Large).JPG
    194.9 KB · Views: 246
LUNCH
Proper Naija fare yesterday (Naija - colloquial term for Nigeria, if anyone's wondering :D )
Spicy brown beans with boiled yam and steamed spinach

6159603953_a9eb5e438a.jpg

DINNER
Beef curry with cumin rice
Rainbow salad with a few raisins

6160131366_f5014207ca.jpg

Oh yum I love African food and the different ways that countries cook food is so varied and exciting.
What spices are in the brown beand and can you point me to the curry if its a Nigerian recipe would love to try it. Thanks Honeyoc.
I made fab food yesterday and forgot the pics I was so hungry.
Made a courgette and leeg bake for lonch and a chicken, veg, lime and ginger stirfry for dinner. Will cook again.

Grouse tonight/tomorrow for the blog, not sure how it will go and how SW friendly I can get it but am trying.

Jo* said:
Oh yum I love African food and the different ways that countries cook food is so varied and exciting.
What spices are in the brown beand and can you point me to the curry if its a Nigerian recipe would love to try it. Thanks Honeyoc.
I made fab food yesterday and forgot the pics I was so hungry.
Made a courgette and leeg bake for lonch and a chicken, veg, lime and ginger stirfry for dinner. Will cook again.

Grouse tonight/tomorrow for the blog, not sure how it will go and how SW friendly I can get it but am trying.

Oooh Jo, grouse?! I'm so excited to see how it turns out! Do you have a link to your blog? I'm playing with the idea of starting one but I hate the templates on blogger lol!

I have a recipe for the brown beans here somewhere lol, I'll do a search. It's got regular ingredients in it, except dried crayfish which you can get in any ethnic food store. Traditionally it also contains red palm oil but not very SW friendly so I left it out. The curry is just a regular Indian one, again recipe here somewhere lol!

LUNCH
Leftover curry and rice. No meat left so was just the sauce and peas humpf!
Salad
Mung bean “roti”

6163391365_015135e992.jpg

DINNER
Crab linguine with white wine
Steamed runner beans

6163925744_e0d5529e60.jpg

An easy one for a change!

Pete’s Cheesy Baked Potatoes

Serves 2
Ingredients
2 large potatoes
56g low fat cheddar, grated (2xHea)
1 Tsp mustard powder
2 rashers of smoked bacon chopped into small pieces
1 tbsp. Cajun powder

Method

Prick the potatoes with a fork and spray with Fry Light, run sea salt over the skin, place in a microwave, cook for 5-10 mins, (depending on the wattage of the microwave) until part cooked.

Remove from the microwave and cut in half and carefully (very hot), remove as much of the potato inner keeping the outer skin intact, place in a bowl.

While the potatoes are cooking fry the chopped bacon until crisp, remove and add to the bowl with the potato, add cheese, mustard and season with salt & pepper, sprinkle the Cajun powder.

Mix well and return to the potato skins.

Place in a hot oven at 180c for 10-15 mins until the potato has fully cooked and the cheese is bubbling, serve with a bed of salad.

Attachments

• Cheesy Baked Potato (Large).JPG
    Cheesy Baked Potato (Large).JPG
    195.4 KB · Views: 186
  • Cheesy Baked Potato-2 (Large).JPG
    Cheesy Baked Potato-2 (Large).JPG
    177.7 KB · Views: 201
Back