+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Try my Instant Mash Sausage Rolls....................

Pete’s Instant Mash Sausage Rolls

Ingredients

200g Sainsbury Lean Pork Mince
1/2 packet (125g) Instant Mash
2 small onions, finely chopped
1 carrot, finely chopped
1tsp thyme
Mixed herbs
1 tsp Schultz “spicy season all”
*option 4 tbsp. apple sauce 4syn/4=1syn each
Method

Chop up an onion in a mini chopper, add 125g of Instant Mash to a bowl and add the onion, mixed herbs and hot water and mix to bread dough consistency. Place in a fridge for at least 1 hr.

Lay out a sheet of cling film on a flat surface and place the mixture to it and cover over with a top layer of Clingfilm, using a rolling pin, rollout until about
4-6mm thick. Cut to the width you want for the rolls.

Chop the carrot, onion, thyme, mince & spices, in a mini chopper to form a paste. Season with salt & pepper, *add the apple sauce if required

Peel back the top layer of Clingfilm and add a layer of meat then, using the Cling Film roll the mash to form a tube with the meat inside, seal the joint and egg wash, repeat with the remaining mix, return to the fridge to chill. Remove when ready to cook, allow returning to room temperature, egg wash again.

Grease a flat tray with Fry light and place the rolls on it and egg wash again, place in a hot oven on 200c for 25 mins and browned.

Attachments

• Sausage roll-1 (Large).JPG
    Sausage roll-1 (Large).JPG
    208.1 KB · Views: 152
  • Sausage Roll-2 (Large).JPG
    Sausage Roll-2 (Large).JPG
    200.5 KB · Views: 162
  • Sausage Roll-3 (Large).JPG
    Sausage Roll-3 (Large).JPG
    254.2 KB · Views: 176
  • Sausage Roll-4 (Large).JPG
    Sausage Roll-4 (Large).JPG
    289.4 KB · Views: 227
  • Sausage Roll-5 (Large).JPG
    Sausage Roll-5 (Large).JPG
    188.7 KB · Views: 230
Hi All.
Yes I did develop this recipe from my pasties recipe!
According to the SW website 100g=1.5 syn on Ee & O, 9syn on G
but as you use 200g/4 rolls= 50g so less than 1 syn on Ee & O, 4.5syn on G
They would be divine with the apple! but had none in the store cupboard......
I ate 2 of them (for testing of course) a little dry if I must be honest but very nice, lovely with baked beans and egg!

Am loving the look of those sausage rolls, ohh you could add chilli or spring onions or mustard powder (getting bit too excited now) x

Gem_bear said:
Last nights (fairly) low syn fajitas

Just to say I use fat free greek yog with sweetner and lime juice which is gorge, and Tesco Kids mini tortillas for 4 syns each.

Still syns for a mini milk or two afterwards! :-D

Last night's supper..............

Pete’s Leek & Mushroom Risotto

Serves 2

Syn Free
Ingredients

150g Arborio rice
150g mushrooms, sliced
750Lt vegetable stock
2 leeks, finely chopped
1 lemon
½ cupful of frozen peas
1 onion, finely chopped
Parmesan cheese (out of your daily allowance)

Method

Boil a kettle and make 750 Lt of vegetable stock, using a vegetable cube or use homemade stock.

Spray a large saucepan with Fry Light and cook the onions & leeks until transparent.

Add the rice and allow it to be coated by mixing all ingredients, cut the lemon and drizzle the juice over the rice and cook for 5 mins.

Using a ladle add 2 ladles of hot stock at a time, cook until all liquid has gone then repeat until ¾ stock has been used. Add peas & mushrooms.

When all stock has been used up grate parmesan cheese over the rice and put a lid on it and leave to steam. Serve on a hot bowl and have a side salad with it.

Attachments

• Leek & Mushroom Rissoto (Large).JPG
    Leek & Mushroom Rissoto (Large).JPG
    187.4 KB · Views: 148
Free on EE Mixed bean and beef chilli

I cooked this in my slow cooker
I used
3 medium red onions 2 large red peppers loads of mushrooms
2 cloves of garlic
1 tin of kidney beans
1 tin of butter beans
1 tin of chickpeas
1 tin of black eyed peas
1 tin of sweetcorn
2 large cartons of passatta
1 700g of extra lean minced beef
3 Oxo cubes
2 tbspn of cajun seasoning
Fling it all on the slow cooker and cook on auto or
Fry the garlic , onions and peppers until soft add the tinned ingredients,pasatta, oxo cubes and cajun and mix together (You will need a big pan for this lol)
Cook on a low heat and let all of the flavours simmer.

You can cook it quickly but I think the taste improves if you cook it long and low.

I will be making a syn free lasagne with the rest of this :)

xx

Attachments

• 2011-09-23 18.28.55.jpg
    2011-09-23 18.28.55.jpg
    492.5 KB · Views: 172
I would say at least an hour I had mine on all day on the slow cooker :) The rice is just Bachelors Beef Savoury rice which I think is free (I hope )lol

xx

LUNCH
Layered salad. With shredded cos lettuce, purple carrots, cucumber, pineapple cottage cheese, sweetcorn, boiled eggs, ham, cheddar cheese

6178418739_ef03ea165d.jpg

6178942580_24fc6ce1dc.jpg

DINNER
Grilled sirloin steak with sauteed broccoli & courgettes. Steamed corn cob

6178943774_bb268437a8.jpg

last night supper.......
remember that the Syns shown need to be divided for two people! You can leave the stir-fry sauce but the taste will be missing but you will then have a low Syn meal, the choice is yours..

Pete’s Salmon Stir-Fry

Serves 2
Ingredients
2 Salmon Fillets
150g Amoy “straight to wok” udon thick noodles 0.5 Syn on Ee & G, 10 Syn on O
120g Amoy Chow Mein Stir-Fry Sauce 8.5 Syn
1 tsp Sunflower Oil 2 Syn
½ onions
½ red onions
200g peas
200g green beans
½ red peppers
Runny honey
Light soy sauce

Method

Place the salmon in a shallow dish, cover the salmon in light soy sauce & runny honey, and cover in Clingfilm and leave to marinade.

Preheat the grill and cook the Salmon for 5-10 mins each side.

In the meantime heat the wok and spray with sunflower oil, add the veg & cook for 5 mins, add the noodles and stir-fry sauce and cook for a further 5mins.

Plate up and place the salmon on top, serve with a salad.

Attachments

• Salmon Stir-Fry (Large).JPG
    Salmon Stir-Fry (Large).JPG
    182 KB · Views: 138
Yesterdays Dinner............

Big beakfast, bacon,sausage, mushrooms,egg chiplettes and of course! baked beans.

Attachments

• Big breakfast-3 (Large).JPG
    Big breakfast-3 (Large).JPG
    189.4 KB · Views: 228
bilsat said:
Yesterdays Dinner............

Big beakfast, bacon,sausage, mushrooms,egg chiplettes and of course! baked beans.

Hiya what plan is this on? Is it red but you've added pots? X

If you look in the book you get when you start SW called "supercharged slimming starts here" on page 7 is a page on Free food breakfasts, it says a full English is free at SW as Ee, I have it at least once a week, usually at dinnertime as it's so filling!
That's my understanding of it anyway!

Brunch

Lean Bacon mushrooms and dry fried egg with tomatoes it was yummy

Attachments

• DSC_0108.jpg
    DSC_0108.jpg
    474.1 KB · Views: 155
bilsat said:
If you look in the book you get when you start SW called "supercharged slimming starts here" on page 7 is a page on Free food breakfasts, it says a full English is free at SW as Ee, I have it at least once a week, usually at dinnertime as it's so filling!
That's my understanding of it anyway!

Have found it! I do find sw's 1/3rd super free confusing when they do this. Hmmm...

I printed a list of Super speed,Super free & free fruit & Veg out of the book and stuck it on a kitchen cupboard so it's in front of me when a prepare a meal so that I always have at least 1/3 with every meal, it must work as I have lost just over 4 stone!

Back