+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs (zapped in the microwave) on a small slice of wholegrain rye bread (HEXB) . One of my fave brekkies :D

Attachments

• smoked salmon egg.JPG
    smoked salmon egg.JPG
    223.1 KB · Views: 128
lollypop1985 said:
excellent thank you
so could any stock cube be used

Maggi is quite a specific taste used loads in african cookin hope that help all major supermarkets sell it or its normally cheaper in african/ethnic shops ya can also get th liquid seasonin.either is beautiful on chicken before roastin x

lollypop1985 said:
excellent thank you i will look out for it. do you know what colour the packerging is

Red and yellow african shop is defo better for it tho coz not sure if asda nd stuff just do th maggi so juicy worth checkin syns for it tho coz its lush lol

Treat pizza

2 wholemeal pitta at 4 syns each with passata as the base, pepper, onion, courgette, mushrooms and Parma ham at 0.5 syns covered in mozzarella cheese HEA and finished with spinach! Serves 2!!

Please can you tell me which pitta's are 4 syns each?? i've had a look at syns online but no luck :( - really hoping they are the co-op ones!!
xxx

Please can you tell me which pitta's are 4 syns each?? i've had a look at syns online but no luck :( - really hoping they are the co-op ones!!
xxx

I've had a looksee to and they all seem to be coming in at around the 6 syn mark are they mini pitta ?

Valencian Paella

Mmm Valencian paella

It was delicious :)

xxx

Attachments

• DSC_0178.jpg
    DSC_0178.jpg
    490.9 KB · Views: 169
Valencian Paella
From the sw calendar July page.

Syns per serving: 2.5 Syns on Extra Easy plan
Serves 6

Ingredients:
Fry light
salt & pepper
11 oz/312g skinless & boneless chicken thighs, cut into pieces
1 large onion, roughly chopped
1 red pepper & 1 yellow pepper, roughly chopped
3 1/2 oz/100g chorizo sausage, cut into small pieces
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tsp sweet smoked paprika
a large pinch of saffron threads
7 oz/198g tomatoes, roughly chopped
1 1/4 pt/994ml chicken or vegetable stock
13 oz/369g paella rice
8 large raw tiger prawns, shells on
2 1/2 oz/71g fresh or frozen peas
1 lemon, cut into wedges
A handful of fresh parsley

Method:
Spray a pan with frylight & place over a high heat. Season the chicken, add to the pan & stir fry for 5-6 minutes, our until sealed & lightly browned. Remove the chicken from the pan & set aside.
Add the onion, peppers & chorizo to the pan & stir fry over a medium heat for 6-8 minutes. Then add the garlic, paprika & saffron & cook for another minute. Return the chicken to the pan along with the tomatoes, stock & seasoning. Bring to a simmer & cook, uncovered for 10 minutes.
Stir in the rice. Bring to the boil. Give a final stir & simmer, still uncovered for about 10 minutes. Add the prawns & peas to the pan & continue to simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the rice cooked, adding a little more hot stock if needed. Turn the prawns over halfway through the cooking time (they will turn pink when cooked). Remove the pan from the heat & cover with a clean towel for 5-10 minutes to absorb some of the steam. Garnish the paella with lemon wedges & scatter with fresh parsley.

Thats the recipe, I used way more prawns I just used frozen uncooked king prawns Sainsburys have them on offer at the mo.
xxx

Last nights spicy garlic meatballs with wholemeal pasta and salad

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111013_074009.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111013_074009.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 158
Meatloaf (1 syn) for whole thing, with roasted pepper, button mushrooms courgette, garlic and tomatoes, Jacket Potato. We also had green beans and steamed baby courgettes but they were not done on time. My getting to target first meal too I made it before weigh in so I wouldnt hit a takeaway.:clap:

The slices fell apart and were delicious but crumbly and these were the only two that stayed for a moment :rolleyes:

SWBologneseMeatLoaf2.jpg

SWBologneseMeatLoaf1.jpg

Last edited:
Meatloaf (1 syn) for whole thing, with roasted pepper, button mushrooms courgette, garlic and tomatoes, Jacket Potato. We also had green beans and steamed baby courgettes but they were not done on time. My getting to target first meal too I made it before weigh in so I wouldnt hit a takeaway.:clap:

The slices fell apart and were delicious but crumbly and these were the only two that stayed for a moment :rolleyes:

SWBologneseMeatLoaf2.jpg

SWBologneseMeatLoaf1.jpg

Looks well yummy
and many many congrats on getting to goal :D

bilsat said:
Yuk Sung-2..........

Pete's Yuk Sung

Serves 2

Ingredients

120g Brown Rice
1 vegetable stock pot
250g low Fat Pork
100g Mushrooms
1 red pepper
1 tbsp ginger
1 tbsp garlic
1 spring onion
3 tbsp. dark soy sauce
2 tbsp. oyster sauce (1 syn)
1 tbsp cider vinegar
Dash of sesame oil (1 syn)
Salt & pepper
1 Washed & chilled Iceberg Lettuce

Method

Weigh out 120g brown rice, fill a pan with cold water and add rice to the water and bring to the boil then turn heat down and allow simmering for 40 mins.

Tip rice into a sieve and leave on the lit ring for a few minutes with a lid on to allow to steam. Then put to one side.

Use a heavy bottomed frying pan, cook the mince until it is browned and all liquid has evaporated.

Add 1 Tbsp. of the soy sauce, and then add the chopped mushrooms, peppers, ginger, garlic & spring onions & cook for 5 mins then add the rice and mix thoroughly with the remaining soy sauce. Finally add oyster sauce.

Cook until the rice is hot, place mixture into freshly washed and chilled Iceberg Lettuce and enjoy!

This looks amazing!!

MsMuppet said:
Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs (zapped in the microwave) on a small slice of wholegrain rye bread (HEXB) . One of my fave brekkies :D

OMG :drool:
Is wholegrain rye bread a HEX? Please let it be so!! :D

Honeyoc said:
OMG :drool:
Is wholegrain rye bread a HEX? Please let it be so!! :D

Oh yes! Please let us know!!! Xx

Back