+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Eggy bread and bacon sarnie for brunch. Dipped 2 slices of wholemeal bread (HEXB) in seasoned, beaten egg....fried in Fry Light then stuffed it with bacon slices which i did in the same pan...luuuurvly !! Had it with a tomato & onion salad and 2 satsumas :D

Attachments

• SW eggy bread and bacon sarnie.jpg
    SW eggy bread and bacon sarnie.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 194
Brunch
( as i'm on late shift its my main meal )
Pan fried Salmon & Stir fry veg in a seafood gumbo sauce ( yesterday's soup leftovers lol )

Lunch today, was a wholemeal pitta (HExB) filled with ham, grated cheese (HExA), red onion and salad cream (2.5 syns)........

001-8.jpg

Looking fabulous girlies!!!

Questions:- MummaK I'm also curious about how you made your seafood gumbo saucy/soupy thing!!! Do tell!!

- MsMuppet, your rosti pizza looks awesome- how do you make the rosti base (obviously grated potato, but how do you shape it and get it to hold together?) I've done the smash version, but this could be a winner, and one to take to SW taster night!!X

-Honey- not a question, but just wanted to comment on how AMAZING that salad looks!! And the fish pie- what a brilliant idea- Jamie Oliver is indeed a genius, as are you Honey Oliver (sounds good- but don't tell your hubby lol)!! You and Britmum are definitely my recipe gurus!!! Always inspired!!XXXX

that looks lovely Mumma K..how do you make the gumbo saucy soupy thing ? lol :D

x

Looking fabulous girlies!!!

Questions:- MummaK I'm also curious about how you made your seafood gumbo saucy/soupy thing!!! Do tell!!

I started with a couple of Knorr fish stock cubes
added a large chopped onion, carrots and celery
and a bay leave to a pint and a half of water to that I added
prawn shells brought to the boil then simmer for about an hour and a half until liquid reduced to half
Strained it off then added the prawn meat and a chopped deseeded tomato and a teaspoon of paprika warm through then just before serving added 2tbs of Quark

prawn shells brought to the boil then simmer for about an hour and a half until liquid reduced to half
Strained it off then added the prawn meat and a chopped deseeded tomato and a teaspoon of paprika warm through then just before serving added 2tbs of Quark

Wow thanks for that, sounds just up my street!!!XXXX

-Honey- not a question, but just wanted to comment on how AMAZING that salad looks!! And the fish pie- what a brilliant idea- Jamie Oliver is indeed a genius, as are you Honey Oliver (sounds good- but don't tell your hubby lol)!! You and Britmum are definitely my recipe gurus!!! Always inspired!!XXXX

Thanks so much Heather! No, not Honey Oliver lol, he's definitely not my type. Love his cooking though!!

thanks hun :) i never think of cooking with quark ..should do really cos i'm flippin surrounded by the stuff over here ...duh ! lol
xx

- MsMuppet, your rosti pizza looks awesome- how do you make the rosti base (obviously grated potato, but how do you shape it and get it to hold together?) I've done the smash version, but this could be a winner, and one to take to SW taster night!!X

i made the base using grated potato (obviously lol) and grated onion...3 med. potatoes and 1 med. onion...squeezed all the water out of the mixture, dried it off with some paper kitchen towels then seasoned it with salt and some pepper...then placed the mixture on a sheet of baking parchment and squashed it down with my hands (about 1cm thick)....zapped it in the microwave on HIGH for 5 mins, then sprayed it with Fry Light and browned it off in a non-stick frying pan....then i put the toppings on and bunged it in the oven at 180C for about 12mins...that's it :D it's a bit long winded but it produces a nice thin and crispy base...definately worth the effort :)

xx

i made the base using grated potato (obviously lol) and grated onion...3 med. potatoes and 1 med. onion...squeezed all the water out of the mixture, dried it off with some paper kitchen towels then seasoned it with salt and some pepper...then placed the mixture on a sheet of baking parchment and squashed it down with my hands (about 1cm thick)....zapped it in the microwave on HIGH for 5 mins, then sprayed it with Fry Light and browned it off in a non-stick frying pan....then i put the toppings on and bunged it in the oven at 180C for about 12mins...that's it :D it's a bit long winded but it produces a nice thin and crispy base...definately worth the effort :)

xx

Thanks for this, I'll defo be trying it:DXxX

MsMuppet said:

xx

Thanks for that it sounds really good.

Made this yesterday.............Based on an original recipe in the latest SW mag but using what was in the house!

Pete’s Pork Pizza Slice
Serves 2
Ingredients
2 Pork chops (all fat removed)
1 Red Onion (finely chopped)
1 Red Pepper (finely chopped)
1 Cup of Passata
1/2tsp oregano
*1/2tsp of chilli flakes (remove if you don’t want it hot!)
57g reduced fat Mozzarella cheese (per person)
1Tbsp sweetener
Handful of chopped Parsley

Method

Remove any fat from the pork chops and then cover with cling film and using a mallet
Beat the meat until its 5mm thick, put to one side.

Put the passata, oregano, *chilli, sweetener and pepper in a small saucepan and cook until the sauce thickens.

Preheat the grill and place the pork chops on a flat tray, grill for 4 mins each side, spoon the sauce over them and add the mozzarella, return to the grill and cook until the cheese is bubbling, remove and sprinkle with the parsley, serve with a salad.

Attachments

• Pork Pizza-1 (Large).JPG
    Pork Pizza-1 (Large).JPG
    234.3 KB · Views: 123
  • Pork Pizza-2 (Large).JPG
    Pork Pizza-2 (Large).JPG
    391.2 KB · Views: 134
  • Pork Pizza-3 (Large).JPG
    Pork Pizza-3 (Large).JPG
    237.3 KB · Views: 143
  • Pork Pizza-4 (Large).JPG
    Pork Pizza-4 (Large).JPG
    162.3 KB · Views: 177
how did you make this is looks lovely

I followed about three meatloaf recipes.
The closest is the bolognese meatloaf one on here but my recipe is below. I make a lamb one pre SW as the mince is too high synned, and you don't cook the mince first. So next time I will do that as the mince did not hold together, but the taste made it not matter.

Frylight to spray tin
500g Extra Lean Minced Beef
Mushrooms chopped small
12 Rashers of Extra Lean Bacon
1 tsp oregano
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
2 tsp is Schwartz Spicy Italian Pefect shake
1 Onion, finely chopped level
2 tbsp Tomato Puree 1 syn
2 Eggs, beaten
Salt and Pepper to taste

Method:-

Preheat oven to 200C Fan 180 Gas 6
Dry fry the mince, onion, mushrooms until the mince is browned, onions and mushrooms are soft add the garlic towards the end. Drain any liquid. Add to a large bowl along with all the ingredients bar the eggs. Gradually add the egg stirring constantly.
Spray a loaf tin with fry light and line with the bacon; firmly press the mince into the tin. Cook for 25- 30 minutes.

The mix is quite crumbly so i leave to cool, slice then reheat slices.

Roasted med veg
1/2 each of mixed fresh peppers, 1 large courgette, lots of tomatoes, mushrooms any amount and about 8 garlic cloves just sliced and poked inbetween the veg. Spray with fry light and cook 200c gas 6 for about 30-40 minutes

Back