+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

I would class them as free because I wouldn't be having them on their own but as part of a meal.

Just wanted to let you all know me and the other half are having Thai Green Curry for tea tonight :) yummmmmmm. I got the recipe from here :

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=285182961501388&set=a.224942660858752.65497.212238165462535&type=3&theater

i'm sure she wont mind I have posted the recipe on here, it is a great page on FB that a friend of mine suggested I look at for ideas. :)

I change the way I do it slightly though, for one I don't particularly like bamboo shoots so I didn't add them, and instead of spring onions I added mushrooms (I think i add mushrooms to most things, i love them!) and I also add frozen spinach and green beans.

It is quite coconutty with the two pots of mullerlight so i had to add more thai green curry paste, but thats just a personal taste. I also added more garlic too.

I can honestly say that it is one of the best Thai's I have ever had, there is a beautiful Thai restaurant that we have been to a couple of times and this tastes just like their green curry, i made it for my friend too and she said it was lovely (and she is a really good cook!)

I hope you like it if you try it :)

Joanne24 described the taste of the mung beans wraps perfectly! I made them to see how they taste also to use the mung beans as a pizza base! very good.......

This morning I started to create a green thai chicken curry from mixing several recipes, looks like I have been been beaten to it!

Ha well Pete it's not my recipe it's one I found, but I do recommend its very tasty :) Some of your recipes look lovely :)

Thanks Tara.
I usually start looking on wikipedia for a description of a recipe and what the main ingredients are, then look for several recipes and use any ingredients that are suitable for SW, then experiment with it, I will make the thai curry for Dinner today if I can get all the ingredients, pics to follow with recipe, watch this space!

Just to keep you updated - gave up with mung bean wraps, decided I deffo need a food processor so going to just go without for now - typical!! x

As promised! Green Thai Chicken Curry.............

Pete’s Green Thai Chicken Curry

Serves 4

Syn per person 4 .5 syn

Ingredients

400g chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
400ml tin of coconut milk (39 syn) use 50ml=5 syn plus 100ml mixed with water=15 syns in total
1tsp of salt
1tsp sweetener
1tbsp fish sauce 0.4syn per tbsp.
2tbsp green Thai curry paste 1syn per tbsp.
1 stalk of lemon grass, finely sliced
2 birds eye chilli, finely chopped
Zest of 1 lime
juice of 1 lime
1small onion, finely sliced
50g of fresh coriander, finely chopped
150g jasmine rice

Method

In a small blender, blend the onion & lemon grass & put to one side.
Heat a wok over a high heat and spay with Fry Light, add the green curry paste and 50ml of the coconut milk, cook for 1 minute. Add the chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes, ensuring the chicken gets well coated in the curry paste.
Add the onion, fish sauce, lemon grass, lime zest, lime juice, salt and sweetener and cook for a further 2 minutes. Pour in 100ml of coconut milk mixed with the same amount of water, and bring to the boil and then for 10 minutes. Add half of the chopped fresh coriander & mix into the sauce, continue simmering for a further 5 mins, decorate the dish with the remaining coriander.
Serve with the cooked rice.
Watch out, it's hot!
the idea about using full fat coconut milk is for the taste, thats why you use it first as it comes out of the tin then later in the recipe diluted by water.

GreenThaiChickenCurrySmall.jpg

Sounds delish Jo!!!

I had homemade burgers, with SW chips and salad and spaghetti. Yummy!!!
Having omelette tonight :D can't cope with as many pots to wash tonight lol!

Simple dinner last night needed to feed my Irish soul, Gammon and mash, 2 syns counted for Cheese sauce mix as 7 syns for pack divided between three dinners and some of my Hex A for the milk. Steamed leeks, green beans tenderstem broccoli, savoy cabbage and carrots.
001-1.jpg

Mmm what cheese sauce did you use? : drool:

thanx so much jo :D ive been using morrisons and its 9 syns, i usually split it between 4 so 3 syns per service, but i found its not enough to make super cheesy macaroni cheese. Coop loks good tho, even if i half it its only 3.5 syns :D

There is a recipe I have printed off today that Pete has posted for macaroni cheese i'm sure if you searched in the recipe thread it may be there :D it sounds beaut! Such a shame OH doesn't like cheesy creamy things :( picky so and so! hehehe. Let us know how it goes Laura I may have to try out a couple of recipes ready to take to work for lunches I can heat up and keep me warm in this all of a sudden FREEZING weather!!!! x

thanx so much jo :D ive been using morrisons and its 9 syns, i usually split it between 4 so 3 syns per service, but i found its not enough to make super cheesy macaroni cheese. Coop loks good tho, even if i half it its only 3.5 syns :D

Morrisons green packet of cheese sauce made with boiling water is 3 syns per packet x

i thought that this sauce was 8 syns per packet??

The blue packet with milk might be but ive always been told by my consulant that the green packet made with boiling water is 3 syns x

Cheese Instant Sauce Mix, made up as directed, 100g made up 3 3

Back