+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Its only 3 syns made up for 100g, thats including water added so its more and yes seems about 8 syns when made up to its full amount. There are old threads on here if you google it and they are saying 1 syn per 20 calories as no free foods in it. If anybody has one it can be checked on the online calculator

Well the packet is only 30g of powder. I've used it since the beginning, not saying your wrong! But I'll stick with the 3 syns, ignorance is bliss and all that lol.

Well like I said ive questioned my consultant on this before and shes always said it is 3 syns. Not that consultants can't be wrong lol

Next time I make it I'll weigh out 100g of it and see how much is reaaallly is for 3 syns x

It is definately more than 3 syns for the entire packet.

it is 3 syns for 100g of the sauce made up. The whole packet makes up almost 300ml.

mls are equivalent to grams, so 300ml's made (in other words the whole packet) is nearly 9 syns.

Last edited:
Tomato purée is free??. Whoooopieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Lol thats how excited I was my cons won't confirm but lots have all round the country, announced officially in January. Shhh it always was free! (Controversial !!!)

I'm really excited that it's free ( god I need to get out more), but yes its always been :airquote: free :airquote: lol, now the next thing I would like to be free is a nice double chocolate fudge cake slice, mmmmmmmmm. I'm so confused with all this cheese sauce talk. Also I made macaroni cheese, it was so tasty, but dry, ( with the morrisons one), but I think I was being overly greedy with the pasta portions lol.

If im going to have some cheese sauce from now on I think I'll make my own, tastes nicer anyway :)

Drrorooooollllllllllllllll

Lol thats how excited I was my cons won't confirm but lots have all round the country, announced officially in January. Shhh it always was free! (Controversial !!!)

Makes me glad I've never counted it as syns ;)

Todays experimental recipe is Thai style fish cakes, just mixed the ingredients, they are chilling in the fridge for now, when they have firmed up I can shape them and cook at Dinnertime, got a meeting at 1-00pm so must start early!
Recipe below..........................

Pete’s Thai Style Fish Cakes

Serves 4

Ingredients

185g/2 Sainsbury’s responsibly sourced cod steaks
1 Onion
1tsp “Very Lazy” garlic
1tsp “Very Lazy” gingers
1tsp “Very Lazy” Lemongrass paste
1tsp Fish sauce
1tbsp Thai Green Curry sauce
6 Spring Onions cut into 30mm pieces
25g Coriander
2 Birds Eye Chilli’s
1 Lime Zest
Juice from Lime

Method

Pre-heat oven to 200c
Put all the ingredients into a food processor and reduce to a finely ground mix, season with salt & pepper, remove & place in a mixing bowl, cover with Clingfilm and place in a fridge to allow mix to firm up.
Remove and form into small fishcakes, fry in a frying pan sprayed with Fry Light for 4-5mins, turning over once, until browned.
Place in an oven-proof shallow dish, sprayed with Fry Light and cook for 6-8mins until cooked.
Serve on a bed of rice and a salad!

Back