+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Last night's Supper.........................
The Big Breakfast
Beans, egg, bacon, potato cubes, mushrooms & honey glazed sausages (2 syns)
BigBreakfast-12Small.jpg

hi there how do u get ur ticker to work , mine keeps cumming up with hdfaiuCKSN-ticker-....... sort of think :confused:

its that long since i put it on i cant remember, im assuming i just copied and pasted the link though-im not a computer whizz so its bound to have been simple!

i just click on it when i update after weigh in and it changes it automatically

ETA-or possibly try insert image instead?

Last edited:
Just made this pasta bake... It's packed with super free and speed foods and a tin if sardines in brine :)
Not sure what it will be like my shopping brought the wrong ones so used them up in this new concoction of mine... Will find out tomorrow I guess.

Attachments

• image-2845759524.jpg
    image-2845759524.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 190
  • image-4007785845.jpg
    image-4007785845.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 142
Yesterdays Food...............

Spag. Bol. with side salad.

SpagBol-3Small.jpg

Sausage,Egg & Chips with mushy peas & a side salad.

SausageEggChips-2Small.jpg

My huge Success Express lunch! Massive bowl of homegrown salad stuff, there's some leftover roasted veggies in there too (courgette, red onion, pepper) and cold salmon on top.

Eating it now!!

hi there that looks really tasty, was just wondering if u could shed some light to me about success express, i asked my consultant but could really understand her :confused:, cant seem to find any threads on her about it

hello hello .... i found this post and its given me some amazing ideas ... i never new about the pancakes , but after reading the thread i couldnt wait to try them so i made them last night BEAUTIFUL and went down a treat with the whole family thank you so much for all your ideas :) xxx

Chicken, bacon, cheese (hexa), wm pitta (hexb) and salad. Got some sweet chilli sauce for 1.5 syns. My own little fake away kebab.

Attachments

• image-1443089265.jpg
    image-1443089265.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 284
Sundays Food...............

Roast Chicken wrapped in smoked bacon, roasted veg & side salad.

SundayDinner-9Small.jpg

Supper.....

Greek Cheese with Portobello Mushrooms.

Pete’s Greek Cheese on a Portobello Mushroom

Serves 2
Ingredients
4 Portobello Mushrooms, skinned (s)
1 Garlic bulb (s)
100g Greek Salad Cheese 9 syns/2=4.5 syns each
Fresh or dried chives

Method

Cut the top off a garlic bulb, spray with Fry Light and place in an oven-proof dish, cook for 20 mins at 180c. Remove and separate the garlic cloves.
On a wooden cutting board crush the cloves with a large knife used sideways, add salt, chives, spray with Fry Light and chop into a paste.
Spray two oven-proof dishes sprayed with Fry Light, add the skinned and de-cored mushrooms and a ¼ of the paste to each one, add the Greek cheese, crumbled and a second layer of chives, spray again and cook for 20 mins at 180c. When the cheese has browned, removed and serve on a bed of salad.

Portabello-1Small.jpg

Portabello-2Small.jpg

Portabello-3Small.jpg

Portabello-4Small.jpg

I had this instead of a takeaway on Saturday night!
SW Cajun Wedges
Beans
Mushrooms
Quorn Chicken Style Dippers
Dip: Fat free fromage frais, garlic, spring onion & cucumber
**all free except the Quorn Chicken Style Dippers at 0.5syns each!
xxx

Attachments

• SDC12807.jpg
    SDC12807.jpg
    507.3 KB · Views: 296
Mondays Food................

Pete’s Savoury Marrow
Serves 4
Ingredients
250g Extra Lean mince beef
1Kg Marrow (s)
1 Onion, finely chopped (s)
1 Carrot, finely chopped (s)
1 Celery, finely chopped (s)
1Tbsp “very lazy” garlic (s)
1Tbsp Basil
1Tbsp Tomato Puree (s)
1 Tbsp. Sweetener
1 Red Pepper, sliced & de-seeded (s)
350mL Passata (s)
Shake of Worcester sauce
45g Low Fat Cheddar cheese, grated (1Hea)
45g Mozzarella cheese, cut into small pieces (1Hea)

Method

Cook the mince in a dry frying pan until the meat is browned, remove from the pan and set aside.

In a food chopper, chop the onion, carrot, celery & basil.
Spray the pan with Fry Light and cook the onion, carrot, red pepper, celery & garlic for 5 mins to soften, return the beef to the pan, mix together and cook for a few mins then add the passata, sweetener & tomato puree, sprinkle with Worcester sauce mix and simmer for 20 mins.

Prepare the marrow by cutting lengthways and remove the seeds, cut a thin layer from the bottom side of the marrow so that it sits firmly when you put it in an oven-proof dish.

Pre-heat the oven to 160c and line the oven-proof dish with tinfoil to create a “pocket” spray with Fry Light, lay the marrow in it, spoon the mince mixture into the two scooped out halves, Loosely fold the tinfoil to seal it but allow space for the steam to escape, cook for 30 -45mins , then open the tinfoil & check if the flesh is soft, if it is, then add the cheese, return uncovered for a further 20 mins to melt the cheese and brown the top. Served with salad.

StuffedMarrowSmall.jpg

Salmon on Couscous

Maranade the salmon for 1 hr before cooking, in an oven-proofed dish, lined with tinfoil, by sprinkling the salmon with dill and slice a lemon and cover the salmon with the slices, drizzling the juice over all. fold the tinfoil loosely and cook for 20 mins.
Make the Couscous as per the package instructions, add peas, cover for 10 mins, When the salmon is cooked, plate up the couscous and lay the salmon on the Couscous, add salad as required.
SalmononCouscous-3Small.jpg

Pete’s Paella

Serves 4

Ingredients

1 Onion, finely chopped (s)
250g Pre-cooked chicken chunks
16 slices Sainsbury’s spicy & succulent chorizo slices (38 pack) (1/2 syn each) chopped finely
4 garlic, chopped
1 red pepper half, sliced, the rest chopped small (s)
1 green pepper half, sliced, the rest chopped small (s)
400g chopped tomatoes (s)
300g/1.5 cups of paella rice
8 mushrooms, sliced (s)
500mL chicken stock
2tsp turmeric
1 cup frozen peas (ss)
1 lemon
* Add sea food if required

Method

Cook the onions, garlic, chorizo sausage, & peppers in a large flat pan sprayed with Fry Light for 5 mins.
Add the pre-cooked chicken, * seafood, mushrooms, tomatoes, turmeric, peas & stock, bring to the boil, add the rice and the zest of the lemon, cut the lemon and add the juice, stir to mix then DO NOT STIR AGAIN
Lay the sliced peppers to decorate and simmer until the rice is cooked and the stock has reduced to below the surface of the cooked ingredients, remove from the heat add cover for 5-10 mins. Serve with a side salad.

PaellaSmall.jpg

Paella-2Small.jpg

I don't know if this will help anyone but I can upload photos straight from my iPhone to the forum app :) its really easy not sure about other phones though

Fruitybabe said:
I don't know if this will help anyone but I can upload photos straight from my iPhone to the forum app :) its really easy not sure about other phones though

How? I have an iPhone that would be loads easier xx

What i do is just click new reply then the little + sign next to send. It then asks you to add photo either from camera or album, you then tap whichever one you want and then it uploads an attaches to your post :) hope that helps

Back