Supper.Spice & Honey Salmon on Couscous..2 syns
SpiceHoneySalmonSmall.jpg

Wednesday's Dinner.....................

Pete’s Green Thai Chicken Curry-2

Serves 4

2.45 syns per person

Ingredients

400g chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
400ml tin of Blue Dragon Coconut Milk Light (3.5 syns per 100ml) use 200ml=7 syn
1tsp of salt
1tsp sweetener
1tbsp fish sauce 0.4syn per tbsp.
2tbsp green Thai curry paste 1syn per tbsp.
2 tsp “Very Easy” lemongrass paste
Zest of 1 lime
Juice of 1 lime
1medium onion, finely sliced
50g of fresh coriander, finely chopped
200g Jasmine rice or Sainsbury’s Thai Fragrant Rice

Method

In a small blender, blend the onion & lemongrass paste & put to one side.
Heat a wok over a high heat and spay with Fry Light, add the green curry paste and the coconut milk, cook for 1 minute. Add the chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes, ensuring the chicken gets well coated in the curry paste.
Add the onion, fish sauce, lime zest, lime juice, salt and sweetener and cook for a further 2 minutes. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Add half of the chopped fresh coriander & mix into the sauce, continue simmering for a further 5 mins, decorate the dish with the remaining coriander.
Serve with cooked rice, side plate of salad & fruit.

ThaiChickenCurry-2Small.jpg

Hiya Pete,

Firstly i have to say wow, well done for maintaining!
This meal looks fantastic, i will have to try it

Thank you

Hi Jo.
Yes the mince is the pork mince, it's from Tesco, the extra lean one as it's is syn free,(can't remember the correct name on it) or you could use Sainsbury's but you have to syn that one but it's low.
Pete

Here's my latest recipe, enjoy! I did.......

Pete’s Knickerbocker Glory

Serves 4
Ingredients
5 ripe Banana’s * (5 syn's per 100g) (works out at 1.65syn's per portion) see later posting!
1Tsp Vanilla Extract
1 bag of mixed summer fruits (s)
Sweetener

Extras
*1 Can low fat spray cream (1tbsp=1syn) (Co-op Squirty Cream)
*1 11g pack of Options (3 syn/4=0.75 syn each)
*4 Marshmallows (1 syn each)
* 5g Mixed Nuts (1.5 syn)
Method

Defrost the fruit if frozen, set to one side until the end.
Peal the banana’s and cut into 30mm pieces, place in a freezer-proof plastic sealable box and place in a freezer, remove after 1 hour and pulp the bananas with a hand blender, then return to the freezer for another 1 hr.

Remove and beat the mixture, taste and add the vanilla extract and sweetener to taste if required return to the freezer.

Continue until the mixture appears like soft Ice-cream, it can be used as this or return until the mixture is frozen, when ready remove from the freezer.

Prepare the glass dish and layer the base with fruit, add a layer of ice-cream, continue until full, finishing with the ice-cream, finish with the liquid from the fruit tipped over the ice-cream.
BananaSmall.jpg

Banana-2Small.jpg

Banana-3Small.jpg

Banana-4Small.jpg

Banana-5Small.jpg

Banana-6Small.jpg

Last edited:
Speg. Bol

SpegBol-3Small.jpg

Baked Potato, Beans, Bacon & Egg

BakedPotatoBeansEggSmall.jpg

bilsat said:
Here's my latest recipe, enjoy! I did.......

Pete’s Knickerbocker Glory

Serves 4
Ingredients
5 ripe Banana’s
1Tsp Vanilla Extract
1 bag of mixed summer fruits (s)
Sweetener

Extras
*1 Can low fat spray cream (1tbsp=1syn) (Co-op Squirty Cream)
*1 11g pack of Options (3 syn/4=0.75 syn each)
*4 Marshmallows (1 syn each)
* 5g Mixed Nuts (1.5 syn)
Method

Defrost the fruit if frozen, set to one side until the end.
Peal the banana’s and cut into 30mm pieces, place in a freezer-proof plastic sealable box and place in a freezer, remove after 1 hour and pulp the bananas with a hand blender, then return to the freezer for another 1 hr.

Remove and beat the mixture, taste and add the vanilla extract and sweetener to taste if required return to the freezer.

Continue until the mixture appears like soft Ice-cream, it can be used as this or return until the mixture is frozen, when ready remove from the freezer.

Prepare the glass dish and layer the base with fruit, add a layer of ice-cream, continue until full, finishing with the ice-cream, finish with the liquid from the fruit tipped over the ice-cream.

Not to be a stickler for the rules (because I never stick to it myself) but if you blend the bananas you have to syn them.
Silly rule

Yes I know! I used 5 banana's and serves 4 people........syns?
Wednesdays food!
Pork & roasted veg with a pepper sauce.
PorkVegSmall.jpg

Big breakfast with chips
ChipsBigBreakfastSmall.jpg

Another portion of the Knickerbocker Glory
KnickerbockerGlory-4Small.jpg

Why do these stupid pics turn when put on this site?

Jo.
I have found the name of the pork mince, it is.....
Tesco Healthy Living Pork Mince free on Ee

I have looked up the syn's for the banana's.............
the "book" states: pureed/cooked banana's 5 syns per 100g
I weighed 1 portion of the finished product.....33g
100g/33g=3.03
Therefore 5 syns divided by 3.03= 1.65 syns
therefore I will use this per portion!

Hope this answer's the question??

My personal view only here. I will not syn that amount of bananas. I'm at target, I never did to be honest. Its obviously to stop abuse of the food ie eating 5 instead of 1 as pureed its smaller in volume. Pete's recipe is clearly portioned and providing as with all meals if you don't eat the lot I firmly believe its as healthy.

I know there are nutritional changes in some foods and overeating may cause weight gain. However, if as Pete has here, used 1 and 1/4 per person, you eat it knowing to eat a normal amount.
Same with tom puree, (which is finally free)I refused to syn it and both hubby and I are now at target. I mainly lost every week apart from two 1/2 pound gains due to womens reasons.

From the SW website:

Q: Why are some fruits Free when raw, but have a Syn value when cooked, juiced or pureed?

A: While fruit in its natural form is bulky, filling and often time-consuming to eat, in cooked, pureed, liquidised or smoothie form it makes it very easy to over-consume and is a very effective way of adding a lot of extra energy (calories) in a non-bulky and non-filling way, which doesn’t satisfy your appetite in the same way as eating fresh whole/sliced fruit. Consider eating an orange. Peeling, breaking up the segments and eating just one orange can be a lengthy process. Now think about the juice that orange would produce – it contains a similar number of calories, yet it’s gone in a gulp – in fact it takes 8 oranges to make a small glass of orange juice and it’s not filling in the slightest! It’s all about getting the most (optimum) satisfaction from your foods with Food Optimising. We count juiced, pureed and cooked fruit as Syns to protect your weight losses.

However in this recipe we are not eating 8 bananas so this is wise but not relevant.

Thanks for the info on the mince by the way Pete

Last edited:
Jo* said:
My personal view only here. I will not syn that amount of bananas. I'm at target, I never did to be honest. Its obviously to stop abuse of the food ie eating 5 instead of 1 as pureed its smaller in volume. Pete's recipe is clearly portioned and providing as with all meals if you don't eat the lot I firmly believe its as healthy.

I know there are nutritional changes in some foods and overeating may cause weight gain. However, if as Pete has here, used 1 and 1/4 per person, you eat it knowing to eat a normal amount.
Same with tom puree, (which is finally free)I refused to syn it and both hubby and I are now at target. I mainly lost every week apart from two 1/2 pound gains due to womens reasons.

However in this recipe we are not eating 8 bananas so this is wise but not relevant.

Thanks for the info on the mince by the way Pete

Leia247 said:
Not to be a stickler for the rules (because I never stick to it myself) but if you blend the bananas you have to syn them.
Silly rule

I don't think Leia247 was saying you had to syn them as she has said she doesn't her self but I think she was just pointing the fact out that SW say you should in case someone reads it and thinks that you don't have to for any recipe, in this recipe you're clearly not over eating them but in another recipe you might be and someone might count them as syn free.

I don't think she was putting down Pete's recipe, but to some people 1.5 syns matters to them so she was just bringing it to people's attention.. Well that's how I read it anyway!

Thanks for the info from the website and I would say most of us if eating just 1 or 1 1/4 would not syn it.

Pete's recipes are always fab so carry on with your scrummy recipes x

Hi I know that Leia was saying the same as all of us, mine was just an additional comment to join hers. I too feel it a silly rule, it never came across at all as a put down. Hope my comment did not seem that I thought that xx

I can see how fruit may be inadvertently consumed in too large portions and people may not be aware of the risk of pureeing cooking.
Think we are all on the same page and also with members needing to really watch the foods they eat its vital SW guides get followed. After all it works!

Jo* said:
Hi I know that Leia was saying the same as all of us, mine was just an additional comment to join hers. I too feel it a silly rule, it never came across at all as a put down. Hope my comment did not seem that I thought that xx

I can see how fruit may be inadvertently consumed in too large portions and people may not be aware of the risk of pureeing cooking.
Think we are all on the same page and also with members needing to really watch the foods they eat its vital SW guides get followed. After all it works!

Sorry the problem with text is that sometimes things come across differently to different people, I was probably half asleep when I read it so sorry!

I wanted to use some pineapple for a recipe and it involved grilling it for a few minutes, 1 pineapple for 4 people, I really begrudge synning it and was wondering if I could get away with not as it's not puréed, just cut into wedges, the synning of fruit confuses me so that's why I never seem to do anything with it but eat it raw!

Sorry again Jo x

Back