+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Sundays Food......................

Breakfast, Big Breakfast
Breakfast-2Small.jpg

Dinner, Roasted Chicken wrapped in bacon with oven roasted veg
ChickenRoastVegSmall.jpg

Supper, carbonara with baked beans
CarbonaraBeansSmall.jpg

Take a look at my recipes, just follow the link and then search through them!

How do u do the mung bean wraps? X

really easy.. soak mung beans for like 24/48 hours.. blend them adding a little water where needed. Heat up a frying pan, or crepe pan if you have one and spray with frylight, add enough mixture to spread out thinly making like a crepe type of thing/pancake.. wake til its firmed up and then spray the top with spray light and then flip it! cook til cooked haha
xx

Dinner......................

Pete’s Tuna & Philadelphia Cheese bake

Serves 4

Ingredients

150g Pasta (any Type)
130g (when drained) Tuna Chunks in spring water
1 400g Chopped Tomatoes (s)
250mL Passata (s)
1/4tsp “Very Lazy” chilli
1/4tsp “Very Lazy” garlic
1tbsp basil herb
1 Onion, finely chopped (s)
70g Philadelphia Light soft cheese (1 Hea/4=1/4 Hea)

Method

Boil a saucepan of water with salt added, when boiling drop the pasta in and cook for 8 mins, remove while “al dente” and drain.

Spray a saucepan with Fry Light and add the onions, cook until they are soft, add the garlic & chilli, add the chopped tomatoes and passata, cook for 10 mins.

Open the tin of Tuna and drain the spring water from it, add it to the pasta with the tomatoes, mix well, add the Philadelphia cheese and seasoning.

Preheat the oven to 180c and using an oven-proofed dish, sprayed with Fry Light, add the ingredients to it, and the basil.

Cook for 20 mins or until the food is hot, serve with a side salad.

TunaPhilidelphiaCheesebakeSmall.jpg

TunaPhilidelphiaBake-2Small.jpg

Hi Pete

Your food always looks amazing! I want to eat more salad with my meals - do you put any kind of dressing on your salads?

Ali

Hi Goagirl.
Yes I use the Hellmans Fat Free Vinaigette 0.5 syn per 1 Tbsp
Pete

That looks soooo nice! i tried making a quiche recently but it tasted horrible :(...i don't know whether it's because i put some frozen mixed veg in to try and use some superfree food...the dog likes it though!
Aww there might have been too much water. If i use frozen veg I tend to blanche and drain to try and get rid of the excess water. Try it again. Its worth it :)

lizbif34 said:
Fanta-Zero Chicken..it was Gorgous :D

This is what I plan to have tomorrow. :)

Wednesdays Food.........................

Pete’s Marmite Beef Mince

Serves 4

Ingredients

1 large onion, finely chopped (s)
1 red pepper, finely chopped (s)
1 cup of frozen peas (ss)
1 Knorr herb “stockpot”
1tbsp sweetener
1 tsp paprika
1tbsp marmite
4 King Edwards’s potatoes (for mash)
150g button mushrooms (s)
200mL Water
250g Lean beef mince
250mL passata (s)

Method

In a frying pan sprayed with Fry Light, cook the onion until soft, add the mince and cook until brown, add the mushrooms, paprika, herb stockpot, passata & marmite, mix together, cook for 10 mins then add peas & extra water if required to prevent the mixture getting too dry. Cook for 20 mins.
Served with mash potato.

MarmiteBeefMinceSmall.jpg

Pete’s Tomato Soup-2

Serves 4

Ingredients

1 onion, finely chopped (s)
1 celery stick, finely chopped (s)
1 carrot, finely chopped (s)
*2 Large beef tomatoes (s)
*4 sweet salad tomatoes (s)
100mL skimmed milk (1/4 Hea)
200mL passata (s)
200mL water
400mL chopped tomato (s)
1 Knorr “Veg stockpot”
1tbsp sweetener
1tbsp dried basil
* Or whatever are in season

Method

Heat a saucepan sprayed with Fry Light, cook the onion, carrot & celery until soft
Add the tomatoes, cook for 5 mins, add the sweetener and the dried basil, add the stockpot & the water, mix well.

Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer, cook for 10 mins then remove from the heat and with a hand blender reduce to a liquid, return to the heat, add the milk and season.

Cook for a further 10 mins , then either just serve, or pour through a sieve to remove all the tomato pips.
Serve in a warmed dish.

TomatoSoup-3Small.jpg

Pete’s Mung Bean Wraps

Ingredients

200g/Cup of Mung/Moong Beans
Makes about 8 wraps
Salt
Method

Soak the beans in cold water for between 12 -24 hrs. Depending whether they are split beans or whole, changing the water at regular intervals, removing any hardened beans.
When ready grind them using a food processer and a small amount of water, adding salt, until you have a mixture similar to a pancake mix but slightly thicker.
Heat a frying pan sprayed with Fry Light until its hot then ladle the mix and smooth out using the base of the ladle to form a thin coating, cook for 3-4 mins and flip over and cook until the other side is done. Use for wraps while still slightly warm to ensure easy folding.

Moongbeans-1Large.jpg
MoongBeans-2Large.jpg

MungWrapLarge.jpg

Rkmriddell said:
Mm, thanks. Think I've found what I'm having for tea x how long does it take to thicken did you find?

About 20 minutes
It's a really lovely meal my family didn't Belive me when I told them I made it with diet coke!
If you enjoy it try the FANTA chicken next it's like sweet and sour x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back