+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

missbehave76 said:
About 20 minutes
It's a really lovely meal my family didn't Belive me when I told them I made it with diet coke!
If you enjoy it try the FANTA chicken next it's like sweet and sour x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I thought that's what this was? Was just gonna throw some chicken in too lol is there a diff recipe then? Where's that one xxx

Thanks for posting I will make these tomorrow..Mung beans soaking now!

Pete’s Mung Bean Wraps

Ingredients

200g/Cup of Mung/Moong Beans
Makes about 8 wraps
Salt
Method

Soak the beans in cold water for between 12 -24 hrs. Depending whether they are split beans or whole, changing the water at regular intervals, removing any hardened beans.
When ready grind them using a food processer and a small amount of water, adding salt, until you have a mixture similar to a pancake mix but slightly thicker.
Heat a frying pan sprayed with Fry Light until its hot then ladle the mix and smooth out using the base of the ladle to form a thin coating, cook for 3-4 mins and flip over and cook until the other side is done. Use for wraps while still slightly warm to ensure easy folding.

Moongbeans-1Large.jpg
MoongBeans-2Large.jpg

MungWrapLarge.jpg

Rkmriddell said:
I thought that's what this was? Was just gonna throw some chicken in too lol is there a diff recipe then? Where's that one xxx

I'm on my phone so I can't find the link if you search FANTA chicken you will find the thread x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

lizbif34 said:
You know what i was very dubious about trying this as it just didnt sound right!! But it was YUMMY :D if you like Sweet & Sour then you will love the recipe ;)

Did mine tonight. Comes highly recommended. :)

Attachments

• image-1645859062.jpg
    image-1645859062.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 299
made these yesterday with a filling of egg & Bacon, can be filled with what you like, also very nice with a cheese topping!

Pete’s Instant Mash Pie

Serves 4

Ingredients

125g instant mash powder
5eggs
4 rashers of smoked bacon, cut into small pieces
100mL skimmed milk (>1/4Hea)
1tbsp dried basil
1tbsp garlic salt

Method

Boil 4 eggs for 7-8 mins until hard boiled, remove from the heat & run under cold water and leave to go cold, peel & set to one aside.
Cut the bacon and fry until crisp, set to one side.

Mix the Instant mash with hot water, add the basil & garlic salt, mix together and chill in a fridge for 10 mins, remove from the fridge and on a flat work surface lay down a layer of cling film, deposit the mash on top of it and cover with another layer of Clingfilm. Roll out until it is about 8-10mm thick.

Remove the top layer of the Clingfilm and cut into strips the depth of your dishes, line the dish and make a ball of the mash and press into the base & mould it to fill the base.

Chop the eggs into small pieces and add the bacon, season, fill each dish. Break the last egg into a dish, mix with the milk and pour unto the dishes until it reaches the top.Place in a tray & cover with tinfoil.
Preheat the oven 180c and cook the food for 35-45mins until the egg sets. Serve with chips and a side salad.

InstantMashPieSmall.jpg

InstantMashPie-2Small.jpg

InstantMashPie-3Small.jpg

InstantmashPie-4Small.jpg

Oh my goodness they look good, will be giving them a try, think the kids will love them too, thanks pete :D

Pete’s Sausage & Bacon Casserole

Serves 4

Ingredients

1 Knorr herb stockpot
1tbsp dried basil
4 Sainsbury’s “be good to yourself” low fat Cumberland sausages (0.5syn each)
4 smoked bacon rashers cut into small pieces
2 leeks, sliced into 10mm sections (s)
120g frozen peas (ss)
150g button mushrooms (s)
400g cannellini beans (s)
400g chopped tomatoes (s)
1tbsp sweetener
200mL passata (s)

Method

In a frying pan, sprayed with Fry Light, cook the sausage & button mushrooms for 10 mins until the sausages is part cooked, remove from the pan & cut each one into 4 pieces, set aside.

Cook the bacon until crisp & add the leeks, cook for 5 mins.

Return the sausage & mushrooms to the pan, add the stockpot & mix.

Add the tomatoes, sweetener, dried basil & passata, simmer for 10 mins then add the cannellini beans, cook until the sausages are cooked, add the peas 5 mins before finishing. Serve with rice.

SausageBaconCasseroleSmall.jpg

SausageBaconCasserole-2Small.jpg

SausageBaconCasserole-3Small.jpg

SausageBaconCasserole-4Small.jpg

SausageBaconCasserole-5Small.jpg

Broccoli & Chicken Nuggets

Serves 2

1 bag of broccoli (Co-op) (s)
140g philadelphia light soft cheese (2 Hea)
12 chicken nuggets (11 syns/2=5.5syns) 6 each!
1tbsp mustard

cupboard clearout!

Cook the broccoli in boiling water for 3 mins, remove and drain, return to the pan and add the cheese, mustard and mix, in the meantime cook the nuggets in the oven for 20 mins.

BroccoliChickenNuggetsSmall.jpg

2012-01-28173210.jpg

Katies Thai Red prawn and Veg curry

Pete’s Beef Curry Dopiaza-2

Serves 4

Ingredients

225g long grain rice
400g chopped tomatoes (s)
450g stewing steak with the fat removed
½ tsp asafetida powder
½ tsp fenugreek powder
1tsp coriander seeds
1tsp cumin seeds
1tsp turmeric powder
1tsp garam masala
1 cup of peas (ss)
2tsp curry powder
4 large onions, 2 finely chopped, 2 sliced (s)
4 cardamom seeds
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
Knorr Dark Stock pot with 300mL water

Method

In a hot dry frying pan dry fry the seeds for 1 minute, when spitting, remove and crush to a powder, set aside.
Dry fry the meat to remove the fat, cook until brown then set aside.
Fry the finely chopped onions in a saucepan sprayed with Fry Light, add the fenugreek powder, cook the onions until brown, add the garlic, return the meat to the pan, and add the crushed spices and the other spices, except the garam masala.
(Boil the 2 remaining onions until cooked then set aside.)
Cook the meat for 10mins then add the tomatoes, cook for 40mins then add the boiled onions, peas, garam masala and cook for a further 5mins, serve with rice.

BeefDopiaza-3Small.jpg

Sausage, Bacon Casserole with egg& chips
SausageBaconEggChipsSmall.jpg

Pete’s Hash Browns

Serves 4

Ingredients

4 medium sized potatoes
*onion, finely chopped (s)
* 45g low fat cheddar cheese (1Hea)

* Extra’s

Method

Finely grate washed, unpeeled potatoes, place in a sieve & wash until the water runs clear, place a portion of the potato into a potato masher and squeeze as much of the water as possible, remove from the masher and add any extra’s, return to the masher and press into shape, remove the mix from the masher and sprinkle with salt, place in a hot pan sprayed with Fry Light. Cook for a few minutes then spray with Fry Light and flip over, repeat this until both sides are cooked. Serve with an omelette or beans, etc.

HashBrownsSmall.jpg

HashBrowns-2Small.jpg

HashBrowns-5Small.jpg

HashBrowns-3Small.jpg

HashBrowns-4Small.jpg

Sunday Dinner..................

SundayDinner-11Small.jpg

Back