+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Chicken and Leek Pie with Filo

Serves 6
10 syns for whole pie.
Plus 1 HEx B if using Extra Virgin Olive oil to brush the pastry
1 and 1/2 HEx A
Recipe here
http://giventodistractingothers.blogspot.com/2012/02/chicken-and-leek-pie-filo-topped.html

Make sure you eat full Healthy Extras

chickenandleekpie009.jpg

Served with Actifry chips and peas.
chickenandleekpie010.jpg

Fruit salad for dessert to get my superfree.

last night's Supper..........................
Salmon on a bed of Couscous and a side salad
SalmonCouscous-5Small.jpg

liliferjade said:
Can you use fry light with the actifry? They have an offer on for 132.99 at www.homeandcook.co.uk for the black one and you get a free cook book and tefal pan. Do these taste a lot nicer than SW chips in the oven? I'm considering buying one x

Yeah you can use fry light but I have stopped even using that and it didn't make much difference.

I love the chips made with the actifry but have never made them in the oven so can't compare

Eat your heart out!

Pete’s Tandoori Lamb

Serves 2

Ingredients

260g (Sainsbury’s) New Zealand Lamb neck fillet cut into 5cm chunks (ff)
100g fat-free natural yogurt
3Tbsp tomato puree (sf)
2Tbsp Tandoori Masala
1 cm ginger, peeled & grated
1tsp chilli powder
1tsp sea salt
2tbsp lemon juice (ss)
Fresh coriander, roughly chopped
*1 cup of rice, cooked as per the package
* Handful of frozen peas (ss)

Method

Place the cut lamb in a mixing bowl and add the yogurt, tomato puree, Tandoori powder, ginger, chilli powder, salt & lemon juice, mix together and coat the meat, leave to marinate overnight for best results.

Preheat the grill to max, line a baking dish with tin-foil, make up the skewers with the meat and lay across the dish, cook for 15-20 mins, or to your liking. Sprinkle roughly chopped coriander if you like it!
*If you want it with rice & peas then cook it to be ready when the Tandoori is cooked.

Serve on a bed of rice & peas & a side salad.

TandooriLambSmall.jpg

TandorriLamb-2Small.jpg

Based on the recipe from this months SW mag, :):)But better!:):)

You can use frylight and most people do, however it just does not work as well. I usually do 1 tbs extra virgin between 4 people so its actually a quarter of a HExB. It just means chips are great as they have some decent to fry in. Oh and roasties are fabulous in it too.
If you have one use Maris Piper as less wet and make sure you rinse at least three times and dry with a clean teatowel befor you put in.
I promise you fab chips and roasties!! x There is a review on my blog for the Actifry and making an all in one pot zesty spicy chicken dish in it tonight.

Yesterdays food......................

Pete’s Mushrooms in a Creamy Sauce-2

Serves 2

Ingredients

125g button mushrooms, sliced (sff)
1 onion, finely chopped (sff)
1 Tsp “very lazy” garlic
1 Tsp “very lazy” ginger
1 Schultz garlic, mushroom & cream sauce (4.5 Syn/4 =< 2 Syn)
300mL skimmed milk (6 Syn/4=< 1.5 Syn)
100g Couscous
200mL water
Knorr “veg” stockpot
2 smoky bacon rashes cut into small pieces
(sff)=super free food

Method

Mix a little milk with the sauce mix in a small pan until all lumps are removed, continue to add the milk, place on a low light and bring to the boil, stir until thickened, put to one side.
Make up the couscous by adding the water to the stockpot & covering the couscous, mix & cover with Clingfilm, set aside for 10 mins. Fluff up before serving.

Spray a pan with Fry Light and add the onion, bacon, garlic & ginger, cook for 5 mins add chopped mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms are cooked, add sauce and cook for a further 5 mins, season and serve with the Couscous.
MushroomsinacreamysauceSmall.jpg

Some recent meal pics.....
Pancakes!
Courgette and cumin soup
Tandori salmon steak, sw roasties and carrots
Weetabix and banana cake ( got recipe from Elle bear :))
Quorn and bacon and veg chilli with sw chips

Attachments

• SN853630.jpg
    SN853630.jpg
    486.1 KB · Views: 185
  • SN853631.jpg
    SN853631.jpg
    299.6 KB · Views: 175
  • SN853632.jpg
    SN853632.jpg
    395.9 KB · Views: 224
  • SN853633.jpg
    SN853633.jpg
    488.8 KB · Views: 260
  • SN853635.jpg
    SN853635.jpg
    488.4 KB · Views: 232
4 weetabix
2 eggs
30g of raisins (not sure of syns for these I used sultanas as thats what I had in and they are 4 syns for 28g according to my book which is the old one)
2 bananas
mixed spice/cinnamon (I just put a sprinkling of mixed spice in)

Mix all together and cook for around 30 mins in loaf tin
(I am going to have over 2 days and use as hex's re the weetabix. Cooked banana's should be synned but I am going to risk it as will only be having 1 a day in the cake)

Back