+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

It tastes fabulous Lynne and if you don't get a pastry craving, the filling is tasty on rice.

Thanks, I will give it a go, with either mash on top, or thinly sliced potatoes, as hubby is a coeliac, and I don't like gluten free pastry.

Yesterdays Food..............
Leek & Mushroom Rissoto with Tuna.
LeekMushroomRissoto-2Small.jpg

Ministrone Soup
MinistroneSoup-2Small.jpg

I flipping love cauliflower rice!!

Bilsat, i wish i lived closer to you...i'd want to come to dinner every night!

Sunday Lunch....................
Pork steaks, roasted veg, peas,parsnip,carrot,green beans, onions & peppers. Roast potato, side salad. fruit.
SundayLunch-2Small.jpg

Quick n Easy Mousse

I love making a very quick chicken to go with salad - take a chicken breast and chop into small pieces. Mix together 1 mandarin yoghurt with Schwarz Garlic Pepper then simply add to the chicken. Serve cold. You could add curry powder if you prefer more of a coronation chicken taste. Sounds like it shouldn't work but it does! Add different herbs and spices or different flavoured yoghurst for alternatives.

Valentine Dinner for 2.................
(with 2 portions left!)

Pete’s Beef Stroganoff

Ingredients

400g Sainsbury’s extra lean casserole steak, sliced into strips (ff)
2 onions, sliced (s)(sff)
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped (sff)
150g button mushrooms (s)(sff)
1tsp paprika
1tbsp Worcester sauce
1 Knorr herb stock pot
1 Knorr beef stock pot made into 250g stock
1 pack of Schultz garlic, mushroom & cream sauce (4.5 syn/4=1.125 syns each)
350mL skimmed milk (3syn/4=0.75 syn each)
300g long grain rice (ff)
1 chilli, finely chopped & de-seeded (s)(sff)
Cupful of frozen peas (ss)(ff)

Method

Place the beef into the freezer for 30-45 mins to stiffen it, remove & slice into thin strips, cook dry in a frying pan until browned, remove & set aside.

Spray the frying pan with Fry Light and sweat the onions, chilli & garlic, add the button mushrooms & cook for a few minutes, add the Knorr Herb stock pot, mix well until the herbs are infused.

Add the beef, mix well, and add beef stock & Worcester sauce. Make up the sauce mix as per the instructions on the packet and when it starts to thicken, add to the beef & mushrooms, mix well, add the paprika, Worcester sauce, (At this point you could place ingredients in a slow cooker and leave to slow cook.) seasoning & cook for 20-30 mins. Put the peas in 5 mins before serving.

Measure the amount of rice required, add 3 times the amount of water, add rice & cook for 20 mins, or until the water has gone, removed when cooked, place in a sieve & place the sieve on the saucepan and cover with a lid, allow to steam for a few minutes, until the beef is ready.

Serve on a bed of rice. and a side salad.

Followed by Melon Slices

(eat your heart out M&S!)

BeefStroganoff-5Small.jpg

Last edited:
Left over Beef Stroganof.
BeefStroganoff-6Small.jpg

Bacon, Egg & Mushrooms with a black peppercorn sauce.
baconEggsMushroomswithpeppersauceSmall.jpg

My Favourite! Yuk Sung.....................
Salad base
YukSungSaladSmall.jpg

The finished item!
YukSung-5Small.jpg

bilsat said:
My Favourite! Yuk Sung.....................
Salad base

The finished item!

This yuk sung looks lovely!
Is there any sins in there? & how do you make it :) x

Back