+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Ham Salad with a baked potato......................

HamSalad-2Small.jpg

Bilsat - your salads look divine.......do you use food processor to finely chop the salad veg - or can you do that amazing chef chopping business??

Hi Dextersmom.
No I just use a sharp large knife! Hold the lettuce with one hand, with your fingers gripping it ,cut using your fingers as a guide cutting away from them! after a while you can cut the lettuce very fine and safely............

Sundays Dinner...........
Chicken wrapped in bacon, sweet potato,potato, carrots, parsnip, peppers & onion all roasted, broccoli & peas, drowned in homemade onion gravy!

ChickenRoastVeg2Small.jpg

Monday's Dinner, Paella......................

Pete’s Paella-2

Serves 4

Ingredients

1 Onion, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 long sweet pepper, finely sliced (s) (sff)
1 lemon (ss) (sff)
2tsp turmeric
4 garlic, chopped (sff)
16 slices Sainsbury’s spicy & succulent chorizo slices (38 pack) (1/2 syn each slice) chopped finely (ff)
150g button mushrooms, cut in half (s) (sff)
250g Pre-cooked chicken chunks (ff)
300g/1.5 cups of paella rice (ff)
400g chopped tomatoes (s) (sff)
500mL chicken stock
* Add sea food if required

Method

Cook the onions, garlic, chorizo sausage, & pepper in a large flat pan sprayed with Fry Light for 5 mins.
Add the pre-cooked chicken, * seafood, mushrooms, tomatoes, turmeric & stock, bring to the boil, add the rice and the zest of the lemon, cut the lemon and add the juice, stir to mix then DO NOT STIR AGAIN
Simmer until the rice is cooked and the stock has reduced to below the surface of the cooked ingredients, remove from the heat add cover for 5-10 mins. Serve with a side salad.

Paella-4Small.jpg

Paella-5Small.jpg

Paella-6Small.jpg

Paella-7Small.jpg

Supper, Salmon Stir-Fry...................

SalmonStir-fry-2Small.jpg

Pebbles67 - All your food looks sooo good and family friendly. I will have to give a few of your recipes a try :)

That looks really nice hun...how did you make it?

Pebbles67 - All your food looks sooo good and family friendly. I will have to give a few of your recipes a try :)

thanks ladies.

heres recipe
(slimming world mag oct 2011)

HAM BEAN & CHIP BAKE
syn free on extra easy/ i had a green day and used ham for HEB

serves 4 ready in 45 mins
3 large potatoes peeled & cut into chips
frylight
400g can chopped tomatoes
420g can baked beans
2x 200g cans chopped lean ham cut into bite sized chunks
9oz mushrooms sliced
small handful chopped parsley
4 eggs
salt and pepper

1)preheat oven 200c/425f/gas 7
boil chips for 5 mins, then drain and spray with frylight in a baking dish and cook for 10 mins. (i omitted this part and shoved them in my actifry for 12 mins instead then put into baking dish)
2) add tomatoes, mushrooms, ham, beans, parsley to the chips in baking dish,toss together season and bake for 15 mins.
3) make 4 wells in the mixture and break eggs into each (we used 6- we had a big dish lol)
4) return to oven for 6 mins or until the eggs are cooked ( this bit took about double as we dont like our whites runny)

gorgeous - very filling

we had ours with a side helping of pasta with philly garlic stirred through it and stir fried peppers and onion.

pebbles67 said:
thanks ladies.

heres recipe

HAM BEAN & CHIP BAKE

frylight
420g can baked beans
9oz mushrooms sliced
4 eggs
salt and pepper

boil chips for 5 mins, then drain and spray with frylight in a baking dish and cook for 10 mins. (i omitted this part and shoved them in my actifry for 12 mins instead then put into baking dish)
2) add tomatoes, mushrooms, ham, beans, parsley to the chips in baking dish,toss together season and bake for 15 mins.
3) make 4 wells in the mixture and break eggs into each (we used 6- we had a big dish lol)
4) return to oven for 6 mins or until the eggs are cooked ( this bit took about double as we dont like our whites runny)

gorgeous - very filling

we had ours with a side helping of pasta with philly garlic stirred through it and stir fried peppers and onion.

You just solved a debate in our house. Hubby and I looked at you picture last night and I thought I could see pasta in it but he wouldn't have it! I was right yet again. Will def be trying this - thanx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

thanks ladies.

heres recipe

HAM BEAN & CHIP BAKE

frylight
420g can baked beans
9oz mushrooms sliced
4 eggs
salt and pepper

gorgeous - very filling

thanks for the recipe hun! Oooo, does this mean chopped tinned ham is syn free as long as it's lean! I never knew that...I actually really like tinned ham! :D

Pete’s one person’s Lunch (cold)

Ingredients

150g Sainsbury’s extra lean escalope’s (beef) (ff) sliced when cool
Iceberg lettuce (s) (sff)
1 Tomato (s) (sff) sliced
1 Cucumber (s) (sff) sliced
1 Chicory (s) (sff) sliced
1 hard boiled egg (ff) sliced
*extras
1tbsp Sainsbury’s “be good to yourself” mayonnaise ½ syn
1tbsp Branston 1syn

Method

Hard boil the egg for 6 mins and allow to cool, Heat a frying pan sprayed with Fry Light and cook the beef for 5 mins each side, remove and rest for 5 mins, then slice thinly, set aside.
Prepare your lettuce, tomato, cucumber & chicory on a plate, add the meat & egg.
Add * extra’s if required
When cold wrap in Clingfilm or an airtight box & take to work!.

BeesSalad-3Small.jpg

Faggots,Peas & Mash....................

Serves 2

8 syns each person!

4 "Brains" faggots 16/2=8syns per person
6 medium potatoes (ff)
Tin of Mushy Peas (s)(sff)
90g low fat cheddar, grated (1 Hea per person)
Dill

Cook faggots as per package instructions.
Boil the potato and mash when cooked, add cheese and mix well sprinkle with dill, set aside.
Heat the mushy peas and when the faggots are cooked serve with the potatoes,side salad, enjoy!
(sod the syns for once!)

FaggotsPeasMashSmall.jpg

Mmmmmm.........that gravy looks goooood :D
You're right - sometimes it's good to syn and 8 is allowed lol

photo0064.png

I don't know if I've done the image properly, but I just made a really quick tasty meal out of half a packet of Quorn chicken style pieces fried in a pan using frylight with peppers, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, onions, garlic powder and lots of chilli powder, it tasted like a cheap version of the fajita mix- and just had it with some cottage cheese and some salad. I know it's not that exotic but it was really nice and the picture looks quite good (considering my 'rustic' style!!) so I hope it comes out ok :)

Well the picture's working for now (I think the site I used will delete the URL soon so I'll come back and delete the post when it expires) but it's also managed to highlight quite how old my coffee table is, and how old my work shoes are in the background- so apologies for the less than appetising surroundings!!!

Thursdays Dinner, Yuk Sung....................
YukSungSalad2Small.jpg

YukSung-6Small.jpg

Supper Cold beef salad with egg, potato, cheese, tomato & cucumber
BeefSalad-3Small.jpg

Pete’s Chicken, Lemon & Honey Roast

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 lemon, use rind & juice (ss) (sff)
2 Chicken breasts (s) (ff)
2tbsp honey (2.5 syns per person)
2tbsp light soy sauce
2 sprigs of rosemary
4 garlic cloves (sff)
4 rashers of smoked bacon, with rind removed (ff)
Shake of Garlic salt

Method

In an ovenproof dish sprayed with Fry Light place 2 chicken breasts, each with a sprig of rosemary and then covered with 2 rashers of bacon with the rind removed, wrapped around each chicken. Stab small slits into each chicken.
Preheat the oven to 180c, make a marinade of lemon juice, honey & soy sauce in a small bowl, coat the chicken and then add the garlic cloves, sprinkle with garlic salt, slice the lemon into slices and lie across each chicken breast, cover in Clingfilm and refrigerate. Marinade for at least 2hrs.
Remove from the fridge, allow returning to room temperature, remove the Clingfilm and cook for 10 mins remove from the oven, re-coat the chicken & return to the oven, repeat after another 10 mins, continue until the chicken is golden in colour & cooked. (About 30 mins in total, depending on the size of the chicken)
Serve with a bowl of rice and a side salad.

ChickenLemonHoneyRoastSmall-1.jpg
ChickenLemonHoneyRoast-2Small.jpg

Back