+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

I will have to check the book!

Todays Recipe........
Muffin Burger

Pete’s Muffin Burgers

Serves 2

Ingredients

1tsp basil
2 Sainsbury’s “be good to yourself” extra lean sausage (0.5syn each) (ff)
OR
2 Sainsbury’s reduced fat British Pork sausage 50% less fat (3syns each) (ff)
2 x 60g Wholemeal Muffin (1Heb each)
Sprinkle of garlic salt
Sprinkle of Aromat seasoning
* extra’s
Low fat cheese slices
Iceburg lettuce (s) (sff)
Tomato sliced into thin slices (s) (sff)
French/American mustard

Method

Cut the sausage ends off and squeeze the meat into a glass dish, add the spices & seasoning, mix well. Wet your hands and roll half the mix into a ball then flatten to look like a “burger”. Place in a freezer for 30mins to chill.

Spray a frying pan with Fry Light and cook the burgers for 10-15 mins each side or until cooked.
Place two egg rings in a frying pan and cook an egg in each one.
Slice each muffin & toast.
Assemble each “burger” as you like it.

(I had it with chips, beans)

MuffinBurgerSmall.jpg

BARNEYS RICE
its dead easy and lovely.

fry light
... 1 egg, beaten with about 2 tbsp water
1 onion , chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 heaped tbsp curry powder
2 tbsp tomato ketchup
a large handful of frozen peas(about 85g/3oz)
250g leftover cold cooked rice (any type) or a 250g pouch of ready cooked rice
175g cooked chicken or pork , shredded into strips
a good splash of soy sauce

Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a highish heat.spray with fry light Pour in the beaten egg, swoosh it around the pan and leave it to set for a minute. Flip it over like a pancake and let it cook for a minute more on the otherside, then tip it out flat on to a plate.

respray the pan. Tip in the onion and sizzle for 3-4 minutes until it's starting to brown, then stir in the garlic, curry powder and ketchup. Add the peas and cook for a minute or two until they start to defrost. Tip in the rice, cooked meat and a glass of water (100ml/31⁄2fl oz) and cook over a medium heat for 5-6 minutes, stirring as you go, until everything's piping hot and the rice has taken on the colour of the curry powder.
While your rice is frying, shred the omelette into long strips. Toss the omelette and soy sauce through the rice and cook for a moment more. Scoop the rice on to plates straight from the pan and serve with extra soy sauce for sprinkling over
barneys rice.jpg

SPICED PLUM & APPLE CRUMBLE
serves 2 comfortably or 3 with space for more. 7 syns per serving if 2, or 5 syns if dividing into 3.

250g apples halved cored peeled and sliced
... juice of a small orange and 1 tbsp zest finely grated
2 tbsp sweetener
1 cinnamon stick
1 clove
150g ripe plums stoned and quartered
2 reduced fat digestives - i used 2 weight watchers biscuits
1 tbsp porridge oats
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger

preheat oven to 200c / 400f/ gas 6
put apples in a pan with sweetener, orange juice and zest, cinnamon stick, clove, and 1 tbsp water. bring to the boil, then cover simmer on low heat for 5 mins.
add plums and heat for further 5 mins.
discard cinnamon and clove and transfer mix to an ovenproof dish. place biscuits, oats, ginger and cinnamon into a food processor and pulse into a crumb mix.
scatter over fruit and bake for 20 mins.

easily the best cumble ive had on slimming world . it was flipping gorgeous
plum crumble.jpg

LUNCH
BROCCOLI AND CHEDDAR SOUFFLE
I halved the recipe and it did 4 ramekin dishes. So I will list the recipe as half then double it if you want bigger souffles . Syn free.

... Preheat oven to 4 / 180 c 350f
Place a roasting tin/ baking dish 1/3rd full of hot water in oven.
Spray ramekin dishes, heat frying pan, spray with frylight, stir fry 100g of finely chopped broccoli with 1 large finely chopped spring onion for 6 mins. Meanwhile whisk 3 egg whites until just stiff. In a separate bowl whisk egg yolks then stir in the broccoli mix. Add 1/4 tsp mustard powder, and a teaspoon of any herb you have. Season then crumble in 30g of cheddar or Stilton . Slowly fold in egg whites with metal spoon. Spoon mix into ramekins place into dish in oven and bake for 20 mins.
BROCCOLI AND CHEESE SOUFFLE.jpg

Tuesday Morning's Breakfast.........
Egg Muffin.....

Pete’s Egg Muffin
Serves 1

Ingredients

1tsp basil
1 Sainsbury’s reduced fat British Pork sausage 50% less fat (3syns each) (ff)
1 x 60g Wholemeal Muffin (1Heb)
Sprinkle of garlic salt

*extra
1 20g Sainsbury’s “lighter” cheese slice (40% less fat) (1Hea)
1 rasher of smoked bacon, cooked until crisp, all fat removed (ff)

Method

Cut the sausage ends off and squeeze the meat into a glass dish, add the spices & seasoning, mix well. Wet your hands and roll the mix into a ball then flatten to look like a “burger”.
Spray a frying pan with Fry Light and cook the burger for 10-15 mins each side or until cooked. Also cook the bacon if used as an extra.
Place an egg ring in a frying pan and cook the egg.
Plate up.

EggMuffinSmall.jpg

EggMuffin-2Small.jpg

EggMuffin-3Small.jpg

Ooooooooooooo!!!

Tuesday Morning's Breakfast.........
Egg Muffin.....

Pete’s Egg Muffin
Serves 1

Ingredients

1tsp basil
1 Sainsbury’s reduced fat British Pork sausage 50% less fat (3syns each) (ff)
1 x 60g Wholemeal Muffin (1Heb)
Sprinkle of garlic salt

*extra
1 20g Sainsbury’s “lighter” cheese slice (40% less fat) (1Hea)
1 rasher of smoked bacon, cooked until crisp, all fat removed (ff)

Method

Cut the sausage ends off and squeeze the meat into a glass dish, add the spices & seasoning, mix well. Wet your hands and roll the mix into a ball then flatten to look like a “burger”.
Spray a frying pan with Fry Light and cook the burger for 10-15 mins each side or until cooked. Also cook the bacon if used as an extra.
Place an egg ring in a frying pan and cook the egg.
Plate up.

EggMuffinSmall.jpg

EggMuffin-2Small.jpg

EggMuffin-3Small.jpg

Oh my word this sounds amazing, I didn't know we could have wholemeal muffins as a He, I looked online and there not listed??
Please tell me they are allowed :)

Light Choices Baked Potatoe with cheese & chives (2.5 syns)
Ham
Turkey
Salad
50g Light Choices Creamy Coleslaw (2.5 syns)

006.jpg

Both melanie7 & Littlelegs170411 quote on their recipes that the wholemeal Muffins are Heb's as well.
They are 60g Wholemeal each and the book states "60g of any wholemeal bread" or " 60g wholemeal roll". I believe that these fit the bill! The first 3 ingredients are= Wholemeal wheat flour, water & semolina.
They work out at 6.5 syns according to the calculator..............
I am sticking to the statement!
(only got one left for tomorrow's breakfast!)
Pete

Pete’s Fusilli in Ragu Sauce

Serves 2
Ingredients
1 Knorr “herb” stockpot
2 large onions, finely chopped (s) (sff)
3 garlic cloves (sff)
1tbsp dried oregano
1tbsp dried basil
410g tin of chopped tomatoes (s) (sff)
100g Sainsbury’s British spiced beef (7 syn /2=3.5 syns per person)
150g Fusilli pasta (ff)
250g passata (s) (sff)
2tbsp tomato purees (s) (sff)
1tsp sweetener
Seasoning

Method

In a large pan sprayed with Fry Light, cook the onion & garlic until soft.
Add the meat, tomatoes, passata, sweetener and the herbs, mix well. Place the stockpot on top of the mixture and allow infuse. Simmer for 20 mins.
Cook the Fusilli in boiling water for 8-10mins until “al dente”, drain & save the liquid, add the fusilli to the sauce, season, mix well, cook for a further 10 mins, (if the sauce is too dry add the saved liquid) .Serve with a side salad.

FusilliRaguSmall.jpg

That looks yum Pete!!

Thanks Jo,for the info from SW, when I checked the ingredients the palm oil & rapeseed oil is near the bottom of the ingredients so I think it's low, it's funny when you put the info into the syn calculator it comes out at 6.5! I checked the Nutrition values against the Sainsbury's wholemeal buns and they are almost lower on every value, funny?
To reduce the syns you could change the sausages !
Pete

worring that we often rely on the calculator to work out syn values!!! i wouldnt worry too much with the odd tweek now and again especially if its unintentional!

Back