+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

wholewheat muffins are only a HEb in the US/Canada (and only certain brands - Thomas ones mainly Thomas' - Thomas'® Light Multi-Grain English Muffins) because they are really high in fibre here, about 8g in one. They do not qualify for a healthy extra in the UK because they do not have enough fibre.

Remember Healthy extras are not calculated by just calories, a lot of other factors from the nutritional information are taking into account also. If it was that easy, then there would be no point in slimming world putting together a healthy extra list, we could just pick and choose our own however we liked (would be nice but isnt going to happen ;)

You could however use a 60g wholemeal roll instead (which does qualify for a HEb in the UK)

Last edited:
Thanks all for the info! I still have one left so I will eat it for breakfast today (to get rid of it!).........
Latest recipe is Teriyaki sauce mushrooms & salmon with Couscous..............

Pete’s Teriyaki sauce, Mushrooms & Salmon

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 Schultz garlic, mushroom & cream sauce (4.5syn/2=2.25syn)
1 lemon juice (ss) (sff)
2 Salmon fillets (ff)
100g Couscous (ff)
150g mushrooms, sliced thinly (s) (sff)
200mL “Herb” stock (Knorr herb stockpot)
300mL skimmed milk, part of the daily allowance (1 Hea)
1tbsp dill

Teriyaki sauce

1tbsp sweetener
1tbsp light soy sauce
1tbsp white wine vinegar
2tbsp water
2tbsp lemon juice (ss) (sff)
Salt & Pepper
Make up the hot stock, bring to a boil, thicken & set aside.

Method

Measure the couscous and place in a bowl, add the stock, stir with a fork and cover with Clingfilm. Set aside.
Place the sliced mushrooms in a saucepan sprayed with fry light and cook until soft.
In an ovenproof dish lined with tinfoil, place the salmon in and marinade with the dill and juice of the lemon, cut slices from the lemon for later.
Preheat the oven to 180c, add the lemon slices on the salmon, cover & place the salmon in the middle shelf after marinating for at least 10 mins, cook covered for the first 15 mins then open to finish cooking.
Mix the ingredients for the teriyaki sauce in a small pan and heat, stirring until it thickens, remove and add to the mushrooms, stir and increase the heat, cook until the sauce has been absorbed into the mushrooms.
Make up the mushroom sauce by tipping the powder into a small saucepan, mix milk until smooth, slowly add the remaining milk while stirring until it thickens, add to the mushrooms, bring to the boil then reduce, allow it to thicken.
Remove the Clingfilm from the couscous, fluff up with a fork and plate up.
Place the salmon on top of the couscous, the mushrooms to one side.

TariyakisauceMushroomsSalmonSmall.jpg

As I had the last Muffin I pulled out all the stops!!........

Pete’s Egg McMuffin

Serves 1

Ingredients

1tsp basil
1 Sainsbury’s “be good to yourself” extra lean sausage (0.5syn) (ff)
1 Rasher of smoked bacon, fat removed, cooked until crisp (ff)
1 Egg, scrambled (ff)
1 or 2 x 20g Sainsbury’s “lighter” cheese slice (40% less fat) (1Hea) or (2syn per slice)

1 x 60g Sainsbury’s Wholemeal Muffin (7syns)
Or
1 x 60g Sainsbury’s Wholemeal Bap (1Heb)

Sprinkle of garlic salt
Sprinkle of Aromat seasoning

Method

Cut the sausage ends off and squeeze the meat into a glass dish, add the spices & seasoning, mix well. Wet your hands and roll the mix into a ball then flatten to look like a “burger”.

Spray a frying pan with Fry Light and cook the burger for 10-15 mins each side or until cooked. Also cook the bacon until crisp.

Break an egg into a dish & whisk with a fork until it’s scrambled, season, place an egg ring in a frying pan and cook the scrambled egg.

Slice the muffin & toast.

Plate up.

EggMcMuffinSmall.jpg

EggMcMuffin-2Small.jpg

As I had the last Muffin I pulled out all the stops!!........

Pete’s Egg McMuffin

Serves 1

Ingredients

1tsp basil
1 Sainsbury’s “be good to yourself” extra lean sausage (0.5syn) (ff)
1 Rasher of smoked bacon, fat removed, cooked until crisp (ff)
1 Egg, scrambled (ff)
1 or 2 x 20g Sainsbury’s “lighter” cheese slice (40% less fat) (1Hea) or (2syn per slice)

1 x 60g Sainsbury’s Wholemeal Muffin (7syns)
Or
1 x 60g Sainsbury’s Wholemeal Bap (1Heb)

Sprinkle of garlic salt
Sprinkle of Aromat seasoning

Method

Cut the sausage ends off and squeeze the meat into a glass dish, add the spices & seasoning, mix well. Wet your hands and roll the mix into a ball then flatten to look like a “burger”.

Spray a frying pan with Fry Light and cook the burger for 10-15 mins each side or until cooked. Also cook the bacon until crisp.

Break an egg into a dish & whisk with a fork until it’s scrambled, season, place an egg ring in a frying pan and cook the scrambled egg.

Slice the muffin & toast.

Plate up.

EggMcMuffinSmall.jpg

EggMcMuffin-2Small.jpg

you go pete ! xxxxxxxxxxxx

Pete that looks amazing yummy xx

That looks delicious Pete!

Irrespective of whether it is officially a healthy extra B or not ;)

I will be looking out for wholemeal muffins, because a toasted normal bread roll, is just not the same as a toasted muffin:drool:

That looks delicious Pete!

Irrespective of whether it is officially a healthy extra B or not ;)

I will be looking out for wholemeal muffins, because a toasted normal bread roll, is just not the same as a toasted muffin:drool:

I agree xx

Looks fab Pete, I think you could get away with the odd one as a naughty tweak (I do! lol) ;) We wont tell if you don't :p

Kidneys, 'fried' egg and portobello mushrooms.....

001-28.jpg

Oooh Lynne! I haven't had kidneys in years. I'm going to have to look for some now :eat:

hi guys could hyou help me out with a quick query. i go on here a billion times a day and regularly post pictures but yours are all bigger ! i'm good with computers but heck i cant work it out. i post my attached picture - comes out as a thumbnail and yours all come out 'normal' any ideas? x

hi guys could hyou help me out with a quick query. i go on here a billion times a day and regularly post pictures but yours are all bigger ! i'm good with computers but heck i cant work it out. i post my attached picture - comes out as a thumbnail and yours all come out 'normal' any ideas? x

I upload mine to photobucket and then copy the link to the insert image box on here :)

I also use photobucket. I download my pics to the computer then reduce size to "small" then save them on photobucket, then highlight the picture using the mouse and a box appears, go to the bottom one "IMG code" click on it, go to your posting and click on that page and the link appears........

Remember! if you make a mistake now,it will show up!...........

616fbadc.jpg

Cajun Chicken curry and veg chow mein

x

Back