+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

30222-albums3128-picture22063.jpg

Made this Lasagne for green day tomorrow, its free + (2 HEA) for the whole thing (using quorn)

Pete’s Pork in Teriyaki sauce with Mushrooms & Rice

Serves 4

Ingredients

1 Onion, finely sliced (s) (sff)
3 Garlic cloves (sff)
120g/1 cup frozen peas (ss) (ff)
125g Mushrooms, sliced (s) (sff)
150g Rice (ff)
200g Casserole pork cut into small pieces (ff)
300mL skimmed milk
Garlic, Mushroom & cream sauce 4.5syns/4=1.125syns each person
Knorr “herb” stockpot

Teriyaki sauce

1tbsp sweetener
1tbsp light soy sauce
1tbsp apple vinegar
2tbsp water
2tbsp lemon juice (ss) (sff)
Salt & Pepper
Make up the hot stock, bring to a boil, thicken & set aside.

Method

In a frying pan sprayed with Fry Light, cook onions & garlic until soft, add the sliced pork, cook for 5 mins, add the mushrooms & peas, mix together, add the herb stockpot and allow to infuse.
Mix the ingredients for the teriyaki sauce in a small pan and heat, stirring until it thickens, remove and add to the mushrooms, cook until the sauce has been absorbed into the mushrooms.
Make up the mushroom sauce by tipping the powder into a small saucepan, mix milk until smooth, slowly add the remaining milk while stirring until it thickens, and add to the mushrooms. Cook for 10-12 mins until the rice is cooked.
Cook the rice as per the packet instructions, plate up.

PorkinTariyakisaucewithMushroomsRiceSmall.jpg

:drool: This all looks amazing!

Sunday Dinner, Roasted Pork, carrots,onions,peppers,peas,parsnips & potatoes, covered in homemade gravy & a side salad!......

SundayDinner-13Small.jpg

Mondays Food.....................

Yuk Sung

YukSung-7Small.jpg

Salmon on a bed of Couscous

SalmononCouscous-6Small.jpg

Chicken kievs x

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120320_184806.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120320_184806.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 233
Just had my new favourite recipe! Peanut Curry with rice and a side salad..........

PeanutCurry-2Small.jpg

Pete’s Peanut Curry

(Adopted from Tesco’s real food booklet)

Not suitable for people with nut allergies

150g Pre-cooked chicken (s) (ff)
1 Onion (s) (sff)
1 chilli, deseeded & finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Pepper, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Knorr “herb stockpot”
1tsp cumin
1tsp coriander
1tsp turmeric
1tbsp madras curry powder
1tbsp sweetener
2 Garlic cloves (sff)
2tbsp smooth/crunchy peanut butter 9syns/2=4.5syns each person
2cm piece of ginger, grated
200mL hot water
400g chopped tomatoes (s) (sff)
Handful of coriander

Method

In a frying pan sprayed with Fry Light, cook the chicken until browned, remove and set aside.
Spray the frying pan again with fry Light, cook onion, garlic, ginger & chilli until soft.
Add the cumin, turmeric, curry powder & coriander, cook for 2 minutes then add the chicken, tomatoes & sweetener, cook for 10 mins. Place the stockpot on top of the cooking food and allow to infuse.
Add the peanut butter and the 200mL of water mix well & cook on a medium heat until the chicken is hot, and the sauce has thickened, sprinkle the coriander over the food.
Serve with rice & side salad.
(Finish the meal with chilled melon)

PeanutCurry-2Small.jpg

Breakfast was delicious this morning!

Chopped up Portobello mushrooms cooked in a little water, then stir in half a tub of Kerry Low Low cheddar spread with cracked black pepper (HExA) on toasted white Nimble (HExB)........

002-11.jpg

Instant Mash Pizza-5
InstantMashPizza-5Small.jpg

InstantMashPizza-5-2Small.jpg

InstantMashPizza-5-3Small.jpg

InstantMashPizza-5-4Small.jpg

Mmmm! Your peanut curry looks yummy Pete :)

Tonights dinner, homemade 1/4 lb cheese burger with bacon, fries, salad and some mini macaroons from lidl 2 syns each and very moreish :) The burger and fries rocked :D Even if I say so myself (although that could be the severe burger withdrawals talking :rotflmao: )

utf-8BSU1BRzAxOTAuanBn.jpg

Last edited:
Candygirl69uk said:
Mmmm! Your peanut curry looks yummy Pete :)

Tonights dinner, homemade 1/4 lb cheese burger with bacon, fries, salad and some mini macaroons from lidl 2 syns each and very moreish :) The burger and fries rocked :D Even if I say so myself (although that could be the severe burger withdrawals talking :rotflmao: )

Omg I want that, right now!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Back