+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Omg I want that, right now!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

All syn free :D

Burgers were made from 500g Asda extra lean minced Irish beef, (got that cos it was 3 for a tenner, glad I did cos it was lovely) chopped garlic, 1 tbsp tom purée, salt, pepper whizzed in processor (you could mash it all together by hand, I was just being lazy). This made 4 1/4 lb (or just under if you want to be exact lol!) burgers I cooked 2 and put 2 in freezer for another day. Grilled burgers on my George Forman grill, grilled 2 slices of Asda thick smoked lean bacon medallions, popped those on top of burgers while still on grill and then added a slice of Lidl Edam on top and left them until the cheese melted a bit. Popped them on the buns then added sliced tomato and chopped onion. Fries were cooked in the actifry. Used cheese as HexA and wholemeal bun as HexB :D

Eat your heart out McDonald's :rotflmao:

Don't ya just LOVE SW!!!!:D

Pete’s Mustard-stuffed Chicken with Piri-Piri & Mushrooms

Serves 4

Ingredients

1tsp basil
1tsp rosemary
1tbsp multigrain mustard
1 lemon, juiced (ss) (sff)
4 Chicken breasts (s) (ff)
8 rashers of smoked bacon (ff)
30g cheddar, grated (1Hea)
45g Mozzarella, ripped into small pieces (1Hea)
Schultz Piri-Piri, mixed with lemon juice to produce a paste.

Mushrooms

125g button mushrooms, sliced (s) (sff)
1 onion, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 cup of frozen peas (ss) (ff)
1 Tsp “very lazy” garlic (sff)
1 Tsp “very lazy” ginger
1 Schultz garlic, mushroom & cream sauce (4.5 Syn/4 =< 2 Syn)
300mL skimmed milk (6 Syn/2=< 1.5 Syn)

Method

Preheat the oven to 180c.
Mix the cheeses, mustard & spices together, cut a slit in each chicken breast, add the mix then cover the chicken with 2 rashers of bacon each. Place in an oven-proof dish and cover with the Piri-Piri paste.
Wash your hands & utensils!
Cook for 20-25 mins until browned and fully cooked.
In the meantime prepare the sliced mushrooms, spray a pan with Fry Light and add the onion, garlic & ginger, cook for 5 mins add the mushrooms and cook for 5 mins, add the peas, make up the sauce as per the packet instructions, add to the mushrooms and mix until fully cooked and thickened.

MustardStuffedChickenSmall.jpg

My Dinner and Dessert today :)

Syn Free Chicken Kiev

kiev.jpg

Orange and strawberry jam cake (12 syns for whole thing)

Jam cake.jpg

Last edited:
bc4afe55.jpg

Doesnt look fab but tasted lovely.
Jalfrezi Chicken
Aloo Gobi
Bombay Potatoes
Rice

xxx

60620f17.jpg

Sunday Brunch
Vegetable Scrambled Egg and Wholemeal pitta.

x

Sunday's Dinner...................
Poast Chicken, peas, parsnips, carrots, roast potato, onions. with couliflower with cheese sauce.....

SundayDinner-14Small.jpg

Today's Dinner.....................
Curried Mince

CurriedMinceSmall.jpg

Yesterdays Dinner.....
Beef Spag. Bol.
PetesBeefSpaghettiBologneseSmall.jpg

All syn free :D

Burgers were made from 500g Asda extra lean minced Irish beef, (got that cos it was 3 for a tenner, glad I did cos it was lovely) chopped garlic, 1 tbsp tom purée, salt, pepper whizzed in processor (you could mash it all together by hand, I was just being lazy). This made 4 1/4 lb (or just under if you want to be exact lol!) burgers I cooked 2 and put 2 in freezer for another day. Grilled burgers on my George Forman grill, grilled 2 slices of Asda thick smoked lean bacon medallions, popped those on top of burgers while still on grill and then added a slice of Lidl Edam on top and left them until the cheese melted a bit. Popped them on the buns then added sliced tomato and chopped onion. Fries were cooked in the actifry. Used cheese as HexA and wholemeal bun as HexB :D

Eat your heart out McDonald's :rotflmao:

Don't ya just LOVE SW!!!!:D

How do you make the chips ready for your Actifry? Do you use a chipper? Im about to buy the Actifry as I think this will be healthier than me binging on naughty food at night. Im really hoping they are as good as people say.

Bradley I cut mine normally use Maris Pipers as they are the best ones, everything else is not so crisp. I reviewed my Actifry on my blog, have since made a few recipes with it. Just rinse potatoes lots, dry before cooking and the chips are fab. Oh and I use a HexB extra virgin olive oil for the chips, frylight is good, but these are up there with proper chips. Great for veg too.

Chips

GIVEN TO DISTRACTING OTHERS: Tefal ActiFry Review Part 1 The Chips!

Chicken Masala
GIVEN TO DISTRACTING OTHERS: Tefal ActiFry Review Part 2 Chicken Tikka Masala

Zesty Chicken
GIVEN TO DISTRACTING OTHERS: Tefal Actifry Zesty Chilli Chicken

Last edited:
Mushroom Risotto.................

Attachments

• Mushroom Risotto-2 (Small).JPG
    Mushroom Risotto-2 (Small).JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 143
  • Mushroom Risotto-2.jpg
    Mushroom Risotto-2.jpg
    498.7 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
S.W. Chicken Tikka with cauliflower "rice" and salad

CHICKENTIKKA-CAULIFLOWERRICEANDSALAD.jpg

Last edited:
On Red day instead if counting syns for rice use cauliflower instead. Grate cauliflower (or chop in food processor) then steam it. I have read that others microwave it but I always steam it. To be honest you get used to it as "rice" and as it is my favourite vegetable I love it like this.
If you are short of syns on Red day you can also use cauliflower as "potatoes" - cook as usual then blend it with a little milk and a little Philly cheese - or similar - if you have HEX A left that day.

systema said:
S.W. Chicken Tikka with cauliflower "rice" and salad

Yum my fave xx

Cauliflower Soup with Toast

CauliflowerSoup.jpg

Egg Curry - Dal - Rice

EggCurry-Dal-Rice.jpg

Attachments

• Cauliflower Soup.jpg
    Cauliflower Soup.jpg
    311.6 KB · Views: 106
  • Egg Curry - Dal - Rice.JPG
    Egg Curry - Dal - Rice.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 113
Mmmm! The mushroom risotto and egg curry look awesome, starvin marvin and really don't know what to have lol!

Beef Stroganoff

Attachments

• Beef Stroganoff-7.jpg
    Beef Stroganoff-7.jpg
    499.2 KB · Views: 171
Back