+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

LuhLuhLoser your meals look delicious! Especially the flakeaway night, i can't eat much rice so you've just given me a great idea to try spinach with my curry this weekend! x

Hi soontobemrsg :) congrats on your engagement and good luck with your weight loss All your efforts will be worth it when you look and feel a million dollars on your big day, I'm sure!

I don't do red days much myself but when I do, I like to make the most of my heBs. So if I have a sw chicken.curry, I'll use my B choice for a WM pitta to make up for the rice.etc.

Theres loads you can have on a red day. BBQ chicken is one of my faves... syn free sw bbq on a chicken breast with melted cheese and grilled bacon, its lush! Today I had a red day and for tea I had turkey steak in so juicy mixed herbs (2.5) with broccolli, cauli and carrots, was lovely. For dinner I had grilled bacon and egg on WM bread for my heB. Just search on here and you will find loads of ideas :)

Good luck hun!

xxxx

Hiya, I'm new to this so not sure if I am doing it right or not. I have started SW at home but have not told anyone as I dont want the pressure from everyone. I am getting married next year and want to lose about 3 stone. I am doing okay but find myself having mostly green days, I would like some help on red day food ideas. Please can someone help mee! x:confused:

Hello Soontobemrsg.. I do mostly red days and I find a weekly dinner menu (based loosely) helps a lot both with shopping and just not having to think lol.. Also my menu can easily be adapted round my 3 boys and OH.. Hope it helps a little bit :)

Monday: el mince, fried with onion or leek mushroom Worcestershire sauce.. packed into two halves of pepper or surrounded with cauliflower rice (added blob of soft cheese)
Tuesday: Grill up.. WW or eat smart sausages (0.5 syn each) bacon, mushroom, eat smart cottage cheese (beans and wm toast if you want to use a hexb)
Wednesday: Cooked dinner.. Meat, steamed veg, big pile of cauliflower mash (bit of soft cheese added) and a bit of syned gravy
Thursday: Green
Friday: Chicken pork or beef stir fry
Saturday: EE.. Salmon chips and mushy peas
Sunday: Cooked dinner again (same as Wednesday)

Finally added all my photos from phone onto my pc!

View attachment 48917

Mushroom & cheese risotto, asparagus and a slice of wholemeal bread.

View attachment 48919

Fakeaway night - WW naan, steamed rice, beef and chickpea curry and 'saag paneer' aka spinach and cheese!

View attachment 48922

Yum brunch.

View attachment 48925

Cheese topped cottage pie.

View attachment 48926

Smoked cod wrapped in parma harm and a red pepper sauce.

:)

is the recipe for the fakeaway curry on here somewhere please if not can you post please

Pete’s Chicken Tikka Masala-2

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 cm ginger, peeled & grated
1tbsp cornflour mixed with 1tbsp cold water (3.5syn/2=1.75 syn per person)
2 garlic cloves (sff)
2tbsp lemon juice (ss) (sff)
2tbsp “Tikka Masala Mix”
100g boiled rice (ff)
150mL Yeo Valley Natural Bio Yoghurt (2syn/2=1syn per person)
250g Chicken pieces cut into 5cm chunks (s) (ff)

Tikka Masala Mix
1tsp turmeric
1tsp coriander
1tsp cumin
1tsp garlic salt
1tsp cayenne pepper
1tsp black pepper

Sauce
½ tsp turmeric
½ tsp cumin
½ tsp coriander
1 onion, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 garlic clove, finely chopped (sff)
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tbsp sweetener
400g chopped tomatoes (s) (sff)

Method

Mix the cornflour with the water and mix together with the yoghurt.
In a food processor, reduce to a paste the following, yogurt, tomato puree, ginger, chilli powder, cumin, cinnamon, garlic & lemon juice.
Place the cut chicken in a mixing bowl and add the paste, mix together to coat the chicken, cover, leave in the fridge to marinate for between 2 hours -24 hours.

In a deep Frying pan, sprayed with Fry Light, cook the onion & garlic until soft, add the paprika, garlic salt, cumin, turmeric, coriander, cook for 1 min add the chicken & marinade, cook for 5 mins then add the tomato & sweetener & simmer for 20 mins until the chicken is cooked and the sauce has reduced.
Serve with boiled rice.

View attachment 48044

This Looks great Bill, but have a few questions before I make it tonight. You mentioned tomato puree in the recipe but not the ingredients, I was just wondering how much you need. Also you mention chilli powder & cinnamon is this a mistake?

Thank you :)

IMG_0302.jpgIMG_0311.jpgSurf and Turf and Bacon Leek and Mushroom Risotto xxx

Wow those meals look yummy :) The prawns especially, you've given me a seafood craving :p

those are some good pics.. I need to get a camera!

1.5 syn Apple pie Samosas

Found a recipe on the bbc for apple pie samosas changed the recipe abit, didnt use sultanas, swapped sugar for sweetner , butter for beaten egg and used cinamon instead of mixed spice, turned out really nice and just less than 1.5 syns per triangle :)

DSCF2027.jpg

Macaroni cheese

Macaroni cheese smoked bacon, mushrooms and courgette served 4 and is 4 HEx A's and 1 syn or serve 5 and syn free.
I think I will be trying different veggies in this to vary taste but its filling and great cold for lunch the day after, hubby took to work with a salad. I had mine with grilled tomatoes and baked beans.

003-2.jpg

008.jpg

300 g macaroni
150 g Philadelphia Light (2 HExA)
185ml semi skimmed milk ( 100ml is 1 1/2 syns, I count this as 3 syns, then round it up if serving 4 as 1 syn, erring on higher)
84g reduced fat mature cheddar cheese or mix of mature cheese and parmesan (2 HExA)
1 courgette diced
200g smoked bacon fat removed cut into squares
100g mushrooms sliced

Preheat the oven to fan 180, Gas 5. Cook the macaroni following instructions on pack. Whilst it's cooking fry the bacon, courgettes and musrooms, until cooked. Mix the Philly light with the milk and half of the cheese.
Drain the macaroni and return to the pan, mix with the Philly mixture,bacon and veg. Pour into a ovenproof dish and top with the remaining cheese.
Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes until light golden brown.
This was so tasty, filling and hit my macaroni cheese craving perfectly, I actually think it was as tasty as the heavy cheese sauce one I used to make.

Last edited:
Pete’s Asparagus & Pea Risotto

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 Onion, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Clove of garlic, finely chopped
1 Cup of frozen peas (s) (ff)
1tsp low salt butter (1.5syn)
100g Arborio rice (ff)
250g Asparagus, washed & trimmed (s) (sff)
Lemon juice (ss) (sff)
Knorr “veg” stockpot
Sprinkling of Parmesan cheese
Salt & Pepper

Method

Wash the asparagus and break each one by bending until it naturally snaps, peel the stems.
Boil a saucepan of salted water add the asparagus & reduce to a simmer , cook for 3-5 mins depending on the size of the asparagus, remove and plunge into a bowl of iced water, remove & dry, cut into small pieces, set aside. Keep 1Ltr of the cooking water, hot, for stock, add the stockpot, leave on a low heat.
In a deep saucepan sprayed with Fry Light, cook the onion & garlic for 5 mins, add the rice, add the lemon juice & mix, cook until coated, add hot stock 2 ladles at a time, stirring continuous, cook on a medium heat, repeat until the stock has almost been used up, add the peas & asparagus, finish the remaining stock.
Add the Parmesan cheese, a knob of butter & mix, cover for 2 mins & serve.

Asparagus & Pea Risotto (Small).JPG

Jo* said:
Macaroni cheese smoked bacon, mushrooms and courgette served 4 and is 4 HEx A's and 1 syn or serve 5 and syn free.
I think I will be trying different veggies in this to vary taste but its filling and great cold for lunch the day after, hubby took to work with a salad. I had mine with grilled tomatoes and baked beans.

Oo recipe please?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

003-2.jpg

008.jpg

300 g macaroni
150 g Philadelphia Light (2 HExA)
185ml semi skimmed milk ( 100ml is 1 1/2 syns, I count this as 3 syns, then round it up if serving 4 as 1 syn, erring on higher)
84g reduced fat mature cheddar cheese or mix of mature cheese and parmesan (2 HExA)
1 courgette diced
200g smoked bacon fat removed cut into squares
100g mushrooms sliced

Preheat the oven to fan 180, Gas 5. Cook the macaroni following instructions on pack. Whilst it's cooking fry the bacon, courgettes and musrooms, until cooked. Mix the Philly light with the milk and half of the cheese.
Drain the macaroni and return to the pan, mix with the Philly mixture,bacon and veg. Pour into a ovenproof dish and top with the remaining cheese.
Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes until light golden brown.
This was so tasty, filling and hit my macaroni cheese craving perfectly, I actually think it was as tasty as the heavy cheese sauce one I used to make.

This looks lush! :D

Pete’s Beef Samosas

Pete’s Beef Samosas

Beef Samosas (makes 36) (1syn each)

½ tsp chilli powder
½ tsp turmeric
½ tsp cumin
½ tsp hot madras curry powder
½ tsp garlic salt
½ tsp ground coriander
1tsp Amchoor powder
1tsp cumin seeds
1 onion, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 medium potato (ff)
1 red chilli, deseeded & chopped (s) (sff)
1tbsp virgin olive oil (Heb)
6 Jus Rol Filo pastry sheets (each sheet is 6 syns but is cut into 6=1 syn)
110g frozen peas (ss) (ff)
450g Lean beef mince (ff)

Method

Boil the potato until soft, remove & mash, set aside.
In a frying pan add 1tbsp pure virgin olive oil, heat, add cumin seeds & cook until fragrant & browned.
Add the beef & cook until browned & dry, add the spices, onion, peas & potato, stir-fry for 5 mins, add the red chilli, season well and set aside to cool.
Heat the oven to 180c; line a baking tray with baking parchment. Working quickly, place six filo sheets on top of each other and cut in half, then cut each half into three strips lengthways giving you 36 pieces, lay out and spray with Fry Light, place a spoonful of the mixture at the bottom of the strip and fold diagonally to enclose the ingredients and form a triangle, press down and fold again until you reach the end, seal the edge down with a pastry brush dipped in water. Repeat until all 36 are made.
Place on a tray and spray with Fry Light and bake for 20 mins or until golden in colour, serve while warm.

Beef Samosas (Small).JPG

Hope this works, first time trying to post a pic from my phone.

Anyway this was tea tonight. Quorn bolognase bake with salad, SW coleslaw and whole meal garlic bread. 1 healthy extra of reduced fat cheddar and 3 syns for the spread for the garlic bread.

The garlic bread was lush and really hit the spot, we'd run out of flora light though so I had to use a higher syn butter spread so I could have made it for lower syns.

Attachments

• image-716449319.jpg
    image-716449319.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 341
Homemade chilli chicken - delish

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using MiniMins

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120517_185225.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120517_185225.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 254
Back