+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Photo0151-001.jpgIMAG0038.jpgIMAG0089.jpg

Cheese and onion pie with homey and soy pork chop, mini quiche and magic pancakes

Magic Pancakes (makes 6-12 depending on size of cookie cutter, type of yogurt, type of Oats and number of eggs used) 1 sachet of Oats So Simple (or your HEB Oats allowance)1 syn free yogurt such as Muller Light (try vanilla flavour first before experimenting) Make 'Magic Porridge' by mixing the oats and the yogurt and leaving in the fridge overnight. Next day, mix 2-3 eggs into the yogurt and oat mix thoroughly and add a couple of tablespoons' sweetener. Then, get a hot not-stick frying pan, add frylight Place your cookie or pastry cutter in the pan and gently pour a little mixture in until it fills the base of the cutter. Wait a minute for the base to harden then remove the cookie cutter. After another min or so (use your judgement) flip carefully with a fish slice or spatula. serve with fresh fruit and syrup (syns) ideas are endless and you could also make savoury pancakes if you used natural yogurt :)

The cheese pie is the recipe from the sw mag a few months ago and the pork chops are cooked in soy sauce, honey and ginger

mini quiche, eggs and cottage cheese with peppers and onion and bacon and cheddar baked in silicone cases

Spaghetti Carbonara

Taken from the Cook Yourself Thin series. This is soooo yummy!!! Use your judgement with the water and keep adding a little at a time and stir well each time until you get the creamy consistency that you like.

I don't know if parma ham/prosciutto is synned (it was when I did SW a couple of years ago but I can't find it listed on the SW USA website). I removed all the fat from mine before cooking. You could always use extra lean thin sliced bacon instead.

Serves 2

2 syns and 1 Hex A for whole dish (if parma ham is free)

• 1 small onion, finely chopped
  • 1 teaspoon of extra-virgin olive oil
  • 45g Parma ham, fat removed and ripped into pieces
  • 150g linguine
  • 2 large free-range egg yolks
  • 28g freshly grated Parmesan
  • 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
  • A small handful of roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
  • 5-6 drops of Tabasco
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper

METHOD

How to cook tasty pasta carbonara with herbs and spices

1. Place the onion in a large, deep non-stick frying pan with 150ml water and bring to the boil. Lower the heat to medium, cover and cook for five minutes (see below).
2. Remove the lid, turn up the heat and cook for two to three minutes or until the water has evaporated.
3. Add the olive oil and the Parma ham and cook for three to four minutes until browned, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and keep warm.
4. Meanwhile, cook the linguine according to the packet instructions, adding 1/2 a teaspoon of salt to the cooking water.
5. In a large bowl, mix the egg yolks, Parmesan, herbs and Tabasco.
6. Drain the pasta when cooked, reserving three to four tablespoons of the cooking water.
7. Mix together the pasta, egg yolks and Parmesan mixture with the reserved cooking liquid, the onion and Parma ham. Season well. Serve immediately with a green salad.
Tip: If an onion doesn't need to be browned but just cooked, then use water instead of oil and simmer until tender.

Attachments

• DSCN0559.jpg
    DSCN0559.jpg
    495.6 KB · Views: 541
Fatty_no_more said:
Yum could u post the recipe please? Xxxx

Chop some chicken fillets up, marinaded them with dry coriander, tikka masala powder, garlic and chilli grinder or just use a bit of
Chilli powder for some spice, then for the potatoes I more or less used exactly the same, I just experiment with all the powders in my cupboard lol! really nice meal x

Just tried this recipe, it's a variation on a SW recipe..............

Pete’s Spicy Mince & Rice
(Based on a SW Recipe)

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 Onion, finely sliced (s) (sff)
1 Garlic clove (sff)
1 tsp Turmeric
1 tsp Cayenne chilli pepper
1 tsp Garam masala
1 tsp Ground coriander
1 tsp Garlic salt
1tbsp Sweetener
100g Frozen peas (ss) (ff)
225g Extra lean minced beef (ff)
400g Chopped tomatoes (s) (sff)

Method
Spray a non-stick frying pan with Fry Light and brown the mince with onion and garlic. Add salt, turmeric, chilli powder, garam masala, and stir in.
Add tin of tomatoes & sweetener & stir well. Half fill the tomato can with water and add this to the pan. Add the peas and stir well.
Bring to boil and simmer for about 45 minutes. Add more water if necessary.
Cook rice as per instructions on packet & set aside.
Remove from heat. Add ground coriander and stir. Add the rice & mix well.
Can be served with a side dish of home-made raita.
Spicy Mince & Rice (Small).JPG

Here is my recipe for the raita salad, lovely!
Pete’s Indian Raita Salad

Serves 2
Ingredients
1/4tsp Ground coriander
1/4tsp Ground cumin
½ Cucumber, cut into small pieces about 1cm (s) (sff)
1 Spring onion, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1tbsp Runny honey (2.5 syn/2=1.25 syn per person)
Handful of fresh mint, finely chopped
250ml Fat free yogurt (ff)

Method

In a small bowl mix together the yogurt, cucumber, onion, runny honey, chopped mint, spices, cover and place in the fridge for at least 1 hr.
Raita Salad (Small).JPG

Magic Pancakes (makes 6-12 depending on size of cookie cutter, type of yogurt, type of Oats and number of eggs used)1 sachet of Oats So Simple (or your HEB Oats allowance)1 syn free yogurt such as Muller Light (try vanilla flavour first before experimenting)Make 'Magic Porridge' by mixing the oats and the yogurt and leaving in the fridge overnight.Next day, mix 2-3 eggs into the yogurt and oat mix thoroughly and add a couple of tablespoons' sweetener.Then, get a hot not-stick frying pan, add frylightPlace your cookie or pastry cutter in the pan and gently pour a little mixture in until it fills the base of the cutter.Wait a minute for the base to harden then remove the cookie cutter. After another min or so (use your judgement) flip carefully with a fish slice or spatula.serve with fresh fruit and syrup (syns)ideas are endless and you could also make savoury pancakes if you used natural yogurt :)

The cheese pie is the recipe from the sw mag a few months ago and the pork chops are cooked in soy sauce, honey and ginger

mini quiche, eggs and cottage cheese with peppers and onion and bacon and cheddar baked in silicone cases

Just to let you know, without the cutters it works too. You scoop them into a pre heated pan and they instantly solidify on the bottom. I always do mine this way and they come out perfect!..

574979_10150912952548744_412786739_n.jpg

Thai trout fish cakes lovely;
Very lame salad as that's all I had left :-(

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Supersede soup with added mushroom, pepper, red onion, garlic, jalepenos & babybel

ForumRunner_20120620_193558.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using MiniMins

Ive made fish and chips and chicken gougons this week. Both have been amazing and syn free!

Mix smash and seasoning. In another bowl, whisk an egg. Dip into the egg then the 'breadcrumbs', spray with frylight and cook in the oven until golden!

538231_10151861798110393_1972609418_n.jpg

Hi Jo

That looks lovely. Is it syn free on EE only. I only do red and green days, so am wondering what the syn value would be on a re day for the smash

Rich

Back