+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Do you have the recipe for the mushy pea curry, or where I can find it? I keep seeing it and it looks really nice!! xx

I have made the mushy pea curry before and found it to be nice but to change it up I adapted the following recipe for the slow cooker, follow as advised but added the beans and peas before transferring to the slow cooker. I also use chicken breasts. Really nice flavour to it - aromatic :)

Tamatar Murghi

[h=2]Ingredients[/h]Serves: 6

• 1 large onion, quartered
  • 4 cloves garlic
  • 1 slice fresh root ginger
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 dessertspoon ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
  • 1 cinnamon stick, broken
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 6 skinless chicken thighs
  • 1 (400g) tin peeled plum tomatoes, crushed

Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 2 hours
Place onion, garlic and ginger in a
food
processor and process into a paste. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat, add onion paste and sauté, stirring continuously, for about 10 minutes.

Stir in the cumin, turmeric, salt, pepper, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, bay leaves and nutmeg. Sauté, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes. Place chicken pieces in frying pan and stir them around with the spice mixture until they are well coated.

Sauté for another 4 minutes, then pour in the tomatoes with liquid and stir. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 to 2 hours, or until the oil has separated from the liquid. Stir occasionally. (Note: If you simmer uncovered, the sauce will thicken; add water, or keep covered while simmering.) Remove cinnamon stick and bay leaves before serving.

Orecchiette and courgettes with chilli and garlic (free on a green day, inc 1 healthy extra A)

Attachments

• image-2081249282.jpg
    image-2081249282.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 158
RichT said:
Orecchiette and courgettes with chilli and garlic (free on a green day, inc 1 healthy extra A)

Hi RichT, I have just bought a pack of orecchiette and love the look of this, please may I have the recipe?

Hi Loundy

Here's the recipe for orecchiette with courgettes.

The amounts are based on a generous portion for one, so just adjust them depending on how many your cooking for.

One serving of orecchiette - dependant entirely on you

Half an onion - finely chopped
1 clove of garlic - also finely chopped
1 chilli - you guessed it, finely chopped.
1 courgette - cut length ways into four and then sliced so each slice is a quarter of a circle.
Parsley - chopped
Philadelphia Light soft cheese - 70g

Cook the orecchiette in a large pan of salted water
Whilst the pasta cooks, saute the onions in Fry Light for a minute or two on a medium to high heat and add the courgettes. Cook the courgettes for a few minutes before adding the garlic and chilli. If it starts to dry out add a little water and reduce the heat.
Continue cooking until the courgettes are cooked to you liking. They should be done inside ten minutes. Season well with salt and pepper and set to one side.

When the pasta is al dente, strain the water and return to the pan. Also save a tablespoon or two of the water and return to the pan too. Stir the Philly Light into the pasta until in melts and coats the pasta. Then and the courgettes to the pasta and stir through. Finally stir through the chopped parsley and serve.

Bon appetit!!!

RichT said:
Hi Loundy

Here's the recipe for orecchiette with courgettes.

The amounts are based on a generous portion for one, so just adjust them depending on how many your cooking for.

One serving of orecchiette - dependant entirely on you

Half an onion - finely chopped
1 clove of garlic - also finely chopped
1 chilli - you guessed it, finely chopped.
1 courgette - cut length ways into four and then sliced so each slice is a quarter of a circle.
Parsley - chopped
Philadelphia Light soft cheese - 70g

Cook the orecchiette in a large pan of salted water
Whilst the pasta cooks, saute the onions in Fry Light for a minute or two on a medium to high heat and add the courgettes. Cook the courgettes for a few minutes before adding the garlic and chilli. If it starts to dry out add a little water and reduce the heat.
Continue cooking until the courgettes are cooked to you liking. They should be done inside ten minutes. Season well with salt and pepper and set to one side.

When the pasta is al dente, strain the water and return to the pan. Also save a tablespoon or two of the water and return to the pan too. Stir the Philly Light into the pasta until in melts and coats the pasta. Then and the courgettes to the pasta and stir through. Finally stir through the chopped parsley and serve.

Bon appetit!!!

Thank you! Looking forward to trying this :)

Hi Trash.
I use a 1 egg non-stick frying pan, 3 bursts of fry light then allow to melt, add egg & cover with an oversize glass lid so that there is a space for the steam to escape, (see pic) wait until the yoke is cooked then tip out.
Pete

SmallPan-3Small.jpg

Aloo Methi, served with Basmati rice - free on a green day

Attachments

• image-4248166565.jpg
    image-4248166565.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 209
RichT said:
Aloo Methi, served with Basmati rice - free on a green day

Oohhhh that looks good!!

I made hoisin-mustard tofu in lettuce wraps yesterday v tasty! Even loved by the omnivore husband ;)

image-3162284583.jpg

Fanta sweet and sour prawns with noodles, diet coke chicken also had with noodles. Scanbran chocolate cake with raspberries and light squirty cream and then cod covered with whole meal breadcrumbs with sw chips, peas and sweet corn finished with some homegrown raspberries

Attachments

• image-2017673957.jpg
    image-2017673957.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 274
  • image-3572457573.jpg
    image-3572457573.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 290
  • image-3972537268.jpg
    image-3972537268.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 274
  • image-1177179087.jpg
    image-1177179087.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 283
Sw dined kebab, ww pitta and sw chips!! Was lovely!

Attachments

• image-3130037435.jpg
    image-3130037435.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 264
Mmm - your sweet n sour and diet coke chicken look deelish. Can I have your recipe plz. I've tryed making the diet coke chicken but I didn't have much sauce. X

Emb77 said:
Mmm - your sweet n sour and diet coke chicken look deelish. Can I have your recipe plz. I've tryed making the diet coke chicken but I didn't have much sauce. X

Diet coke chicken is actually Pepsi max turkey in that pic lol. I only use the 2l bottle and carton of passata do a bit of a judgement thing. I guess about a can amount of Pepsi and the about 6 tbsp if passata a large splash if Worcester sauce, salt and pepper. I added a tin of cherry tomatoes in this mix this time just needed a bit longer to reduce. I fry off onions, mushrooms and green peppers with chicken/turkey and then add the sauce and just leave to simmer stirring occasionally. That is about it!

The fanta prawns is the other one I found the recipe on here and just changed the chicken for prawns
chicken, can of diet fanta, peppers, onions, chilli flakes (depending on your taste), 1 tsp of vinegar, 3 tbsp of passta, veggie oxo cube and pineapple chuncks (if canned must be synned)
Cook chicken first then add everything but pineapple and simmer for 20 - 30mins or until the sauce has reduced. Add pineapple just before serving (cooked for any longer and it would have to be synned).
I served with rice and side salad

I didn't add an oxo either lol

Sainsbury's Gammon Steaks (2 for £2-00) with pineapple chunks & a bag of mixed salad.

Gammon Steak & Salad (Small).JPG

Back