+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

I had quorn sticky BBQ fillets and veg. They were disgusting! Tasted like chemical! Got the lime and ginger ones in the freezer too - bad times.

That looks amazing!

OMG seriously?!?!?! Argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I gain this week IT WAS THE PEAS!!!! Gutted.

It's one of those really annoying little things that catches you out - peas are so convenient and can go in so many things, so it's very frustrating that they're not super free :\

My dinner of smash pizza with mushrooms, Courgettes and Shallots (looks a little burnt haha) with peri peri coated chips and salad with balsamic vinegar :)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121008_195215.png
    ForumRunner_20121008_195215.png
    433.2 KB · Views: 267
It's one of those really annoying little things that catches you out - peas are so convenient and can go in so many things, so it's very frustrating that they're not super free :\
Doh!!! I guess I only had them twice, maybe it'll be ok...double checked the list now to make sure I wasn't eating anything else wrong!!

Have you got the recipe for the sauce please?

Yes, although I sort of made it up on the spot.

I cut a small head of broccoli into small florets and boiled it until slightly overcooked.
Then I minced about 5 cloves of garlic (use less if you want, I just love the stuff) and one small-ish onion and cooked in Fry Light until translucent. I then added the water I'd cooked the broccoli in (200ml tops), some salt + pepper and a little dash of white wine (2 syns)
Then I crumbled in 114g of one of those nice creamy French blue cheeses and stirred until it was mixed in.

Easy!

Seriously the best slimming world breakfast! Readybrek pancakes with a banana and maple syrup :D

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121009_112659.png
    ForumRunner_20121009_112659.png
    390.8 KB · Views: 1,175
Did you make these by soaking the oats overnight in yoghurt then adding eggs?

How many syns is maple syrup?

Looks delicious!

No, I tried the 'magic pancakes' before, which is the one where you soak the oats overnight in yoghurt, but I didn't like the taste of the yoghurt in it and they didn't go 'pancakey' despite looking cooked... So I made my own version!

30g ready brek
2 eggs
About 75ml milk (add more if it's too thick)

Mix it all together, add a bit of sweetener if you want, and then cook like pancakes!!

Maple syrup is 2 syns per tbsp, that's what I had on mine and it goes quite a long way :)

Laura94B said:
No, I tried the 'magic pancakes' before, which is the one where you soak the oats overnight in yoghurt, but I didn't like the taste of the yoghurt in it and they didn't go 'pancakey' despite looking cooked... So I made my own version!

30g ready brek
2 eggs
About 75ml milk (add more if it's too thick)

Mix it all together, add a bit of sweetener if you want, and then cook like pancakes!!

Maple syrup is 2 syns per tbsp, that's what I had on mine and it goes quite a long way :)

Sounds lovely! I think I'll be trying this on Saturday!

slimming sinead said:
Sounds lovely! I think I'll be trying this on Saturday!

Oh good! Let me know what you think :D

Oh I'm really glad you like them haha, it wasn't just a fluke that only I like then :p

Courgette and mushroom risotto and mid week roast dinner :)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121011_174724.png
    ForumRunner_20121011_174724.png
    276 KB · Views: 156
  • ForumRunner_20121011_174734.png
    ForumRunner_20121011_174734.png
    338.9 KB · Views: 166
Just lots of fruit with a muller light this morning, actually was delicious!
IMG_0906.JPG

Back