+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

...and today's lunch, cheese and onion potato skins with salad :)

Attachments

• image-1652114345.jpg
    image-1652114345.jpg
    509.2 KB · Views: 191
Homity Pie/Cheese and Onion Comfort Pie It looks not so great as you are mixing it all together but for real stodgy homemade comfort food that everybody lovesand cannot believe its SW, I can't beat it.
I add smoked bacon to mine. My Granny used to make it in the war, leeks and potatoes and cheese were easy to get hold of in the Land Army she said, they put theirs in pastry then, but she said its nicer without. Recipe is on here and on my blog too.

Homity Pie.jpg

Homity Pie/Cheese and Onion Comfort Pie It looks not so great as you are mixing it all together but for real stodgy homemade comfort food that everybody lovesand cannot believe its SW, I can't beat it.
I add smoked bacon to mine. My Granny used to make it in the war, leeks and potatoes and cheese were easy to get hold of in the Land Army she said, they put theirs in pastry then, but she said its nicer without. Recipe is on here and on my blog too.

View attachment 69375

I so need this this week!

Carbonara with wholewheat pasta and veggies for dinner (half healthy extra a) yum!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    726.4 KB · Views: 278
Carbonara with wholewheat pasta and veggies for dinner (half healthy extra a) yum!

That carbonara looks so good! Also reminded me how much I love baby corn :p

Yes of course

500g white / smoked/ dyed fish or salmon , I used an asda fish pie mixed chiller pack with smoked haddock, unsmoked cod, and salmon pieces.
100g small prawns
Tub of quark
75g peas or sweetcorn
4 eggs
400ml fish stock, i used a fish stockpot jelly pot and topped it up with hot water.
4 large potatoes
2 heas of cheese

i wanted a fish pie with a creamy thickish sauce not a runny watery one which ive had before, so i adapted 3 sw recipes to get the right thing.

skin the fish and place in a saucepan add 200ml water and half a fish stockpot. allow to reach the boil and cook gently for 7 mins.
meanwhile peel & dice potatoes and boil.
boil 3 of the 4 eggs.

flake the fish and put into an ovenproof dish, add prawns and sweetcorn/peas.

beat the quark in a bowl with half of remaining fish stockpot, and 200ml hot water and the remaining egg.
add a tablespoon of herbs i used some chopped parsley and some dill. mix well and pour over fish.
season .
mash the potatoes or whisk with an electric hand mixer, i added a butterbud sachet (0.5 syns) and enough water to get a creamy mash then topped fish. i grated 2 heas of cheddar on top and baked gas 6 for 25 mins.

Tomato onion mushroom cheese quiche. Chips. Salad.

ForumRunner_20121119_234652.png

pebbles67 said:
Yes of course

500g white / smoked/ dyed fish or salmon , I used an asda fish pie mixed chiller pack with smoked haddock, unsmoked cod, and salmon pieces.
100g small prawns
Tub of quark
75g peas or sweetcorn
4 eggs
400ml fish stock, i used a fish stockpot jelly pot and topped it up with hot water.
4 large potatoes
2 heas of cheese

i wanted a fish pie with a creamy thickish sauce not a runny watery one which ive had before, so i adapted 3 sw recipes to get the right thing.

skin the fish and place in a saucepan add 200ml water and half a fish stockpot. allow to reach the boil and cook gently for 7 mins.
meanwhile peel & dice potatoes and boil.
boil 3 of the 4 eggs.

flake the fish and put into an ovenproof dish, add prawns and sweetcorn/peas.

beat the quark in a bowl with half of remaining fish stockpot, and 200ml hot water and the remaining egg.
add a tablespoon of herbs i used some chopped parsley and some dill. mix well and pour over fish.
season .
mash the potatoes or whisk with an electric hand mixer, i added a butterbud sachet (0.5 syns) and enough water to get a creamy mash then topped fish. i grated 2 heas of cheddar on top and baked gas 6 for 25 mins.

Thank u xxxx

Beef Stroganof (Small).JPGYesterdays Dinner......Beef Stroganof!

Today's lunch - falafel with spicy coconut couscous and salad :)

Attachments

• image-12429785.jpg
    image-12429785.jpg
    543.9 KB · Views: 182
Was starving tonight! Minute steak, onions, mushrooms, roasted carrots, savoury rice and chips.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Attachments

• image-2580608832.jpg
    image-2580608832.jpg
    705.1 KB · Views: 224
Back