+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Made a large quiche for dinner only 2a choice in half :) x

ForumRunner_20130114_235708.png

The macaroni cheese recipe is from the latest SW mag but I didn't add tomatoes and added cooked bacon. The pepper salsa is also in the mag but I added a tbsp ketchup as I found it a bit bland.

The crab vermicelli recipe is here...
http://myslimlinerecipebook.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/crab-linguine.html?m=1

Burger recipe is just extra lean beef mince and add whatever herbs and seasoning you like. Today we added garlic salt, onion powder, thyme, oregano, fresh basil and chimchurri rub! Mix everything together with your hands and shape into patties then wrap them in clingfilm and pop in the fridge for a couple of hours. When you're ready to eat grill them until cooked through. I also sometimes add cooked red onion to the mixture.

Last edited:
Chocolate Pretzels.jpgSweet Shop.jpg

Pretzels and chocolate, yum! This lot was 8.5 syns - 5.5 for 30g pretzels (which next time I'll lower to 25g for 5 syns as 30g was a lot!) and 3 syns for 3 small advent calendar chocolates I had left over :)

The other pic is all the left over chocolates/sweets I have from Christmas! Crazy amounts, but I've worked out the syns so I can allow myself a bit every day for my syns :)

View attachment 74819View attachment 74820

Pretzels and chocolate, yum! This lot was 8.5 syns - 5.5 for 30g pretzels (which next time I'll lower to 25g for 5 syns as 30g was a lot!) and 3 syns for 3 small advent calendar chocolates I had left over :)

The other pic is all the left over chocolates/sweets I have from Christmas! Crazy amounts, but I've worked out the syns so I can allow myself a bit every day for my syns :)

I am so glad that I only got a couple of boxes @ Xmas as I had told everyone I did not want sweets. The ones I did get got munched or given before returning to work to make sure there was no temptation in my way!!! Well done on the willpower to not just dive in there!!!!

View attachment 74819View attachment 74820

Loads of chocolate left there!

i was eyeing up your blog and spotted some potato cakes on your breakfast that looked yummy, how do you make em? X

They were Tesco potato cakes in a pack of six :) 1/2 syn each worked out on the syn calculator with dried potato (the main ingredient) as free food :) x

jojogonnabeslim said:
Really? Did not realise they were so low i love potato cakes ***running off to check syn value on warbys ones ***

When you search them they're quite high, I think because SW don't recognise any free food content in them, I like them but they come up 5-7 syns quite often

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

When you search them they're quite high, I think because SW don't recognise any free food content in them, I like them but they come up 5-7 syns quite often

Are u using the syns calculator online? List potato as free food. Should lower syns rather than goin by 1 syn=20cals x

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using MiniMins

Yeah, the main ingredient on my pack was dried potato, and when I went on the syns calculator they had the option of dried potato as a free food :)

Alycyn1980 said:
Are u using the syns calculator online? List potato as free food. Should lower syns rather than goin by 1 syn=20cals x

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using MiniMins

Hi, no that's what slimming world list them as on the site/app rather than the syns to cals thing, I think they must not count the free food, possibly as it's used as a flour rather than it's original use?

jojogonnabeslim said:
Really? Did not realise they were so low i love potato cakes ***running off to check syn value on warbys ones ***

These were the warburtons ones, but obviously as people above have said, if you add potato as free they're lower

Attachments

• image-2612260417.jpg
    image-2612260417.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 194
Back