+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Was thinking about making a lasagne using philly light (thinned out with a splash of milk as the white sauce) has anyone tried that as a sauce and what did you think ? I've used that as a dip (made quite thick) and it was lovely to dip my chips in, but not sure how it would work as a cheese sauce. Really can't stand quark !!

oooops just realised this wasn't posted on the right thread !!! Sorry :-( Xx

Home made syn free spring roll x

Attachments

• image-1138292501.jpg
    image-1138292501.jpg
    502.4 KB · Views: 224
Yum, how do you make the spring roll hun? Xx

Fry light some stir fry mix with soya sauce.
Boil a lasagne sheet and then when soft pat dry.
Put some stir fry mix in and roll up, put a few tooth picks/cocktail sticks in to close it up and put on 200 for 25 mins.

Tastes literally exactly the same! X

Fry light some stir fry mix with soya sauce.
Boil a lasagne sheet and then when soft pat dry.
Put some stir fry mix in and roll up, put a few tooth picks/cocktail sticks in to close it up and put on 200 for 25 mins.

Tastes literally exactly the same! X

What a fabulous idea! Thanks for sharing x

Lasagne and garlic/herb chips Yummmmm !!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    829.6 KB · Views: 297
It was lush :) a mountain of garlic bread dripping with hot garlicky butter £ a pint would have moreover it somewhat :)

can i have the recipe for this please looks yum

Of course :) it makes a massive lasagne, enough for 8 if you're having other things with it. The meat sauce was :

2 x packs of lean beef mince (less than 5% fat).
1 large onion
1 heaped teaspoon of lazy garlic
Splodge of tomato purée
2 tsps (ish) dried mixed herbs
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
1 carton of pasatta.

dry fry the mince and onion, then add herbs & garlic, then the rest and simmer for about 1/2 an hour to thicken. This is where I tweak it for flavour.

the white sauce was an experiment : 1 tub of Philly extra light, thinned out with a bit (maybe 80mls) of chicken stock. (I haven,t worked out the syns, but for an 8 portion lasagne it would have come our lower than my allowance so i didn't calculate).

Reduced fat cheddar on top with a fine dusting of Parmesan for a bit of extra flavour.

Middle shelf at 180 for about 1/2 hour.

Peel and slice spuds to what ever chip size you like. Par boil for about 5 mins, the. Rinse with cold water. Return to a pan with garlic powder/granules, smoked paprika, mixed herbs, shake, bung on a baking tray with fry light, about 20 mins on top shelf above lasagne, then blast the oven to its hottest for a few more mins while you're cutting and plating up the lasagne. Just give them a toss or two during cooking.

Hope you enjoy ..... My lot scraped their plates !! Xx

Back