+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Sunday Lunch.
Beef Stroganof with mash, carrots & broccoli.....

Beef Stroganof & veg-2 (Small).JPGBeef Stroganof revisited (Small).JPG

Spicy sausage & bean casserole, brown rice, green beans and sweet corn. Then after the photo I put a dollop of ff fromage frais on top :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    753.9 KB · Views: 253
Boursin Salad.jpg

A salad of lettuce, spring onion, cucumber, beetroot, ham and 30g boursin! I also added some balsamic vinegar after taking this picture :)

What does everybody like to make a big batch of and freeze? I'm hoping to get all of my cooking out of the way and just cook once a week maybe? Freeze it all and take out as I'm going to use it xx

What does everybody like to make a big batch of and freeze? I'm hoping to get all of my cooking out of the way and just cook once a week maybe? Freeze it all and take out as I'm going to use it xx

Chicken tikka, tomato soup (you can make a huge batch and leave half in the fridge to last a few days and the rest to freeze for later in the week), melt in the middle cheese burgers (then I've done the hard part and only need to throw some handcut chips in!) Erm.. some people like to make their chips, parboil them then freeze so it's as convenient as a bag of frozen chips! Shepherds pie, lasagne - just make a huge spaghetti bolognese and then convert half into a lasagne!

There are, of course, loads of easy meals. Stir fry is a very quick 'chuck in the pan' thing, pasta 'n' sauce, even roast dinner which is just a load of things threw into a roasting tray!

Sweet & sour pork.

Sweet & Sour Pork 2013 (Small).JPG

Recipe via link below, page 68!

Butternut coconut rice (best thing I've cooked in ages!)
Garlic bread made using a WW petit pain

Attachments

• image-2485030910.jpg
    image-2485030910.jpg
    537.8 KB · Views: 229
  • image-2513157053.jpg
    image-2513157053.jpg
    815.2 KB · Views: 258
Thats sounds lush can u share the recipe please x

For the rice? Here you go! The recipe is from Appetite for Reduction (which I recommend to anyone interested in low fat veggie and vegan cooking). I halved the recipe and it served two nicely).

1 c brown rice, cooked and drained
pinch of salt
2 lbs butternut squash
1 c sliced onion
1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
3 cloves of garlic
1 tsp lime zest
1/4 tsp chilli flakes
1/4 tsp salt
25g creamed coconut block made up with a splash of water (8.5 syns so when the recipe is halved it's 2.5 syns per serving)
1/4-1/2 c veg broth
1 tbsp lime juice

Directions:

Preheat oven to 200c, bake squash (best way I found is to cut the squash in half, scoop seeds out and put it on a greaseproof lined baking tray cut side down) for about 45 minutes

When squash is cool enough to handle, preheat a large frying pan over med-high heat. Cook shallot in frylight until translucent. Add ginger, garlic, lime zest, chilli flakes and salt, cook for 2 minutes, turn heat to low

Scoop the flesh out of the cooked squash into the pan, add the coconut milk. Use a fork and mash into a creamy consistency. Add rice and stir well. Add 1/4 c veg broth and stir well. You can add up to another 1/4 c of broth to get a creamier consistency if you want, I did and it was lovely and creamy and sticky and yum!

Add lime juice, salt and pepper if needed and enjoy!

Thanks hun sounds lovely i never used creamed coconut so will probably use reduced fat coconut milk, can also share this with my baby :)

That's nice :) The original recipe actually does call for coconut milk (3/4 cup if you're making the full amount) so you'd be fine using that :)

loving all the lovely recipes on here

Slimming world tapas! All free or v low syn except the meat platter (not for me!) and olive pate (didn't eat any)

Clockwise from top left - Olive + tomato pate, red pepper hummus (6 syns for tahini), greek yoghurt, various meats, tabbouleh (free), potato and onion frittata (free), patatas brava (potatoes fried in 2 syns of oil), artichokes with lemon dressing (free). Was amazing!

Attachments

• image-966711879.jpg
    image-966711879.jpg
    604.3 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
Clockwise from top left - Olive + tomato pate, red pepper hummus (6 syns for tahini), greek yoghurt, various meats, tabbouleh (free), potato and onion frittata (free), patatas brava (potatoes fried in 2 syns of oil), artichokes with lemon dressing (free). Was amazing!

Back