1 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp mild chilli powder
3 garlic cloves, crushed
4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, sliced
283g/10oz fat free natural yogurt, bought to room temperature
salt
2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves, to garnish

method
1. Put the onion and 426ml/¾ pt of the chicken stock in a large, heavy-based saucepan. Cover the pan, bring to the boil and then boil for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat, uncover the pan and cook gently for 20 minutes, until the onion is tender, golden and syrupy.

2. Add all the spices and garlic to the pan, and cook for 3-4 minutes. Then add the chicken and cook for a few minutes to coat in the spices, then stir in the remaining chicken stock.

3. Cover the pan and simmer very gently over a medium heat for 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked.

4. Transfer the curry to a large serving bowl. Add 4 tbsp of the cooking sauce to the yogurt and stir well. Gradually add the yogurt into the curry, stirring continuously.

5. Season to taste with salt, and serve immediately with boiled rice (Free on Extra Easy and Green or 2 Syns per 28g/1oz boiled on Original), and garnish with the chopped coriander.

Takes a bit of time, but well worth the effort i say! Hope you like it hun! xxxxxxx

Hi is the sw syn FREE curry! its lovely! heres the recipe:

ingredients
2 large onions, sliced
568ml/1pt chicken stock
2 tsp turmeric
3 cardamom pods
1 x 2.5cm/1in piece cinnamon stick
4 black peppercorns
4 cloves
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tbsp peeled and grated root ginger
1 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp mild chilli powder
3 garlic cloves, crushed
4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, sliced
283g/10oz fat free natural yogurt, bought to room temperature
salt
2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves, to garnish

method
1. Put the onion and 426ml/¾ pt of the chicken stock in a large, heavy-based saucepan. Cover the pan, bring to the boil and then boil for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat, uncover the pan and cook gently for 20 minutes, until the onion is tender, golden and syrupy.

2. Add all the spices and garlic to the pan, and cook for 3-4 minutes. Then add the chicken and cook for a few minutes to coat in the spices, then stir in the remaining chicken stock.

3. Cover the pan and simmer very gently over a medium heat for 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked.

4. Transfer the curry to a large serving bowl. Add 4 tbsp of the cooking sauce to the yogurt and stir well. Gradually add the yogurt into the curry, stirring continuously.

5. Season to taste with salt, and serve immediately with boiled rice (Free on Extra Easy and Green or 2 Syns per 28g/1oz boiled on Original), and garnish with the chopped coriander.

Takes a bit of time, but well worth the effort i say! Hope you like it hun! xxxxxxx

Just wanted to tell you we tried this recipe tonight & absolutely loved it !! Thank you for sharing it with me :) xxxxx

And the chicken -

SYN FREE BBQ SAUCE
- 1 onion
8fl oz passata
1 tsp mild chilli powder
3 tbsp sweetener
4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp mustard powder
Salt & pepper

Sauté the chopped onion and add chilli, fry until soft, add other ingredients and simmer for 10 mins then blitz with a blender if you wish or leave as it is.
Serve hot or cold and is freezer friendly.

FOR NEW YORK CHCKEN
I pop my chicken breast into oven for about 8-10 mins then add the slice of bacon over it and a tbsp of sauce, then return to oven for 10 mins then I add more sauce and finally after a few more mins I add 40g reduced cheese and pop back into oven to melt, its gorgeous .

Tried making this tonight. Had to make a few changes as I'm allergic to sweeteners. So instead of sweetener I used maple syrup and also added a small amount of whisky. Reduced the amount of chilli powder and used a little under on the mustard powder (as the whisky would give a bit of a kick anyway). My parents had chicken with the sauce on top. For mine I added some chicken stock and chopped the chicken up and fried it in a little fry light, then put into a bowl mixed in the sauce and the stock and added some pasta. Put it all in a baking dish and put foil over the top. Makes for an amazing pasta bake. Even have some sauce left for next time!!!

Kedgeree!
Kedgeree (Small).JPG

There are some fabtastic menus on here, thank everyone, am going to gice some a try.:)

Sorry can't post pics yet but i did have a lovely meal last night and only 2 syns.
I roast in fry-lite butternut squash, red onion, mushrooms, a large tomato (all chopped into bite size pieces)
with a couple of garlic cloves thrown in whole and a sprig of rosemary + a sprinkle of schwartz all spice
seasoning. After 20 mins in the oven i added 3 linda mccartney red onion & rosemary quorn sausages, after another
30 mins i took out and served with half a pack of Ainsley spicy sensations couscous.
I then mixed together a couple tablespoons of f/free fromage frais and some Boursin Lite garlic
cream cheese and dolloped this on top of the veg/couscous - Delicious!!

Was this spicy when you had it ... am not too much of a fan of spicy foods - tend to go no spicier than a Korma or Pasanda at an Indian restaurant.

Yeah it was spicy the first time round as OH used extra hot chilli powder, second time round though it wasn't spicy at all! if you don't like it too hot don't add the chilli powder or add very minimal. It's lovely! Worth a try :) x

Camembert & ham on toast with appleslaw & salad

Attachments

• image-829417883.jpg
    image-829417883.jpg
    535.1 KB · Views: 601
Tonight's Taster night....Scan bran Ferrero Rocher.

SW Ferrero Rocher (Small).JPG

recipe via link below, page 86.

wow been looking through this thread for days, I have some great ideas thanks to you guys :D

Last night I made the Turkey burgers of the SW Website but I added some fresh chilli's and some garlic to it, SW chips and a bacon & mushroom salad, topped of with some home made spicey sauce which is 2 syns. The whole lot was delicious, I wasn't expecting much of the burgers to be honest as I have never had turkey mince (it was 1.99 in aldi which is the only reason I purchased it!) and hubby said it was horrible, I think he was trying to wind me up cause he also wolfed down the burger then we shared another one! (that is only about 2/3 of the 2 syn sauce in the pic so you could use a bit less and it would only be 1 syn, I hate dry food, just can't eat it at all so I used all of it hehe)

turkey_burgers.JPG

I also made a quiche (well 2) for today and tomorrow!

quiche.jpeg

Moroccan chicken with BNS & veg (slimmingeats.com recipe)

Attachments

• image-3680897326.jpg
    image-3680897326.jpg
    642 KB · Views: 585
That looks really nice Gem_bear [runs off to slimming eats to get more recipes]

It was really really good! Went down really well with OH too. Having leftovers tonight. X

Sunday's dinner.....
Sunday Lunch (2) (Small).JPG

Chicken breast filled with soft cheese & herbs, covered in bacon with roast potato, broccoli, carrots, parsnip & onions.

2013-06-24 18.10.22.jpg2013-06-24 18.10.39.jpg

Laura's No Cream Chicken Supreme! Haha really enjoyed this one! First pic is mum's without the roasted courgette and onion (superfree) and second is mine :)

Back